Starmer trying to win Indian (Hindu) Extremist Votes

Started by Dynamis, September 23, 2020, 12:32:18 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 23, 2020, 01:46:20 PMThis is a bit horrific and details extremely bloody things happening, so I advise folks to only read if they're not sensitive..

Thanks for the warning.

Borg Refinery

This is a bit horrific and details extremely bloody things happening, so I advise folks to only read if they're not sensitive...

Let's look at the carnage of 2002 first. On 27 February that year, a train coach carrying Hindu pilgrims caught fire in Godhra station in Gujarat. Fifty-eight people died. Within hours and without a shred of evidence, Modi declared that the Pakistani secret services had been to blame; he then had the charred bodies paraded in the main city of Ahmedabad; and let his own party support a state-wide strike for three days. What followed was mass bloodshed: 1,000 dead on official estimates, more than 2,000 by independent tallies. The vast majority of those who died were Muslim. Mobs of men dragged women and young girls out of their homes and raped them. In 2007, the investigative magazine Tehelka recorded boasts from some of the ringleaders. One, Babu Bajrangi, boasted of how he slit open the womb of a pregnant woman.

When BJP supporters try to dismiss the pogrom of 2002 as ancient and contested history, what they are trying to erase is that epic, shameful violence. Other allegations have been made about Modi's direct involvement in the carnage, but the ones I have listed above aren't contested by any serious observer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/07/narendra-modi-massacre-next-prime-minister-india
+++

T00ts

There are awful things happening all over the world even in so called civilised places - even here and in EU countries. Unless we are able to pull up a draw bridge and be completely self reliant there is little choice but to trade with others. If we were to do that and refuse to trade/interconnect we would also lose influence.

I am not sure what country in the world is in a position to count themselves superior, we all have failings, but mass disapproval in the way of sanctions etc will have more sway that just hiding behind our 'perfection'. We have to mingle for good to have any chance of rubbing off.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Good old on September 23, 2020, 01:30:50 PM

Oh! Well it makes a change from  supporting Saudi Arabia. Ignoring China,s human rights record, for a trade relationship.
Starmer , talks to the Indian community in his own country .  >:(  He was expressing his belief in good relations with India,.
Well isn't that what our present government maintain?  Can you have a good relationship with any nation, unless you accept some of their less palatable  business ?
And how does Starmer suddenly become in some way unique in confronting this difficult side of diplomacy?

Did you read the article at all, or just selectively skim it, you know, the bit about overturning the Corbyn thing on Kashmir?

You think it's OK to just let Modi get away with this?

"This week, Modi's Hindu nationalist government exacerbated the situation by revoking Article 370 of India's Constitution, which had for decades afforded the Muslim-majority state of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) — India's side of Kashmir — substantial autonomy over its affairs.

Importantly, another article — 35a — also barred people outside the state from buying property there to prevent India's majority-Hindu population from moving into Jammu and Kashmir and displacing the Muslims who live there. That, too, was revoked.

By revoking the articles, the Indian government in New Delhi will now have far more control over Jammu and Kashmir, and outsiders will be allowed to buy property there. That has sparked fears of "ethnic cleansing": that Hindus will flock to the region to push out the Muslims once and for all.

Despite criticism from many around the world, most notably from Pakistani leaders who consider themselves protectors of Kashmir's Muslim population and the true governors of India-administered Kashmir, Modi's roughly 40-minute speech left no doubt he believes the article abrogations were a good move."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/world/2019/8/9/20798273/kashmir-narendra-modi-india-speech

He is a fruitcase, even the daily mail are rightly calling him a right wing nutjob..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-5054207/In-Modis-India-cow-vigilantes-deny-Muslim-farmers-livelihood.html

The nation's right-wing Hindu factions that propelled Modi to power are stirring religious upheaval
In northern India 'gau rakshaks' say they have taken about 190,000 cows since Modi's election
States governed by Modi's party have seen a marked increase in cow theft from Muslims
Dairy farmer Pehlu Khan died after he was brutally beaten with sticks and rods in an ambush in April this year
Reuters surveyed 110 cow shelters or farms, known as 'gaushalas,' across six Indian states
The survey found an increase of 50 percent in their cattle holdings - from 84,000 pre Modi to 126,000 today

+++

Good old

Oh! Well it makes a change from  supporting Saudi Arabia. Ignoring China,s human rights record, for a trade relationship.
Starmer , talks to the Indian community in his own country .  >:(  He was expressing his belief in good relations with India,.
Well isn't that what our present government maintain?  Can you have a good relationship with any nation, unless you accept some of their less palatable  business ?
And how does Starmer suddenly become in some way unique in confronting this difficult side of diplomacy?

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on September 23, 2020, 12:49:19 PM
No I'm not a Tory troll bot, unlike a certain blue gnome who seems intent on making them look even worse than I or anyone else could possibly do no matter how hard we tried..

I'll vote for anyone that votes to restrict the franchise from garden gnomes.

Also I don't hate myself or the country anywhere near enough to vote for Bojo. :D :D

Aw schucks! I thought I had a convert!  ;D

Borg Refinery

No I'm not a Tory troll bot, unlike a certain blue gnome who seems intent on making them look even worse than I or anyone else could possibly do no matter how hard we tried..

I'll vote for anyone that votes to restrict the franchise from garden gnomes.

Also I don't hate myself or the country anywhere near enough to vote for Bojo. :D :D
+++

T00ts

Does this mean that we can count on your Conservative vote in future?   ;D

Borg Refinery

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2020/05/starmer-corbyn-kashmir-stand-woos-british-indians-200506095940594.html

In his opinion, Modi's conduct in India of encouraging the killing and disenfranchisement of millions of Christians and Muslims is OK.

This is absolutely unbelievable and shows that there is no depth that Labour won't sink to to cosy up to the worst most extremist authoritarian dictators.
+++