Are Sunak and Johnson at odds over another lockdown?

Started by Barry, September 28, 2020, 07:56:38 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on September 28, 2020, 08:02:33 PM
Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 07:56:38 PM
From Mayhar Tousi on Twitter:

QuoteTonight's Westminster gossip: Rishi Sunak challenging Boris against second lockdown and potentially resigning as chancellor if it happens.

If true, this could escalate badly for the government.
If true, might make interesting days ahead.
Yes I heard this too. Am I right in thinking that originally Rishi was a yes man? Perhaps he has gained confidence, but I also heard he had his eyes on BJ's job.

Yes, yes and yes.

The Boris of old would have picked up the signals, realised that most of the electorate is getting fed up the stream of priggish instructions emulating from the government and passed a law to make Christmas parties compulsory with the alcohol consumption at least treble that of the last two years.
But now he appears to have lost the plot and about the best he can come up with is to increase what are unenforceable fines and piss off his core vote.

We may well be heading for our Hindu PM
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2020, 07:56:38 PM

QuoteTonight's Westminster gossip: Rishi Sunak challenging Boris against second lockdown and potentially resigning as chancellor if it happens.

Yes I heard this too. Am I right in thinking that originally Rishi was a yes man? Perhaps he has gained confidence, but I also heard he had his eyes on BJ's job.

Barry

† The end is nigh †