Coronavirus: Theatre and events staff protest outside parliament

Started by GBNews, October 05, 2020, 07:00:09 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 05, 2020, 06:12:02 PM
I just did a job for an old mate soundproofing an old brick built shed at the end of his garden . He is a sax/trumpet player in the west end shows and wanted somewhere to practice /write music  while he is off work .
It was quiet funny the shed started off 20ft x 10ft  and after I had put some sound insulation round  he had a play while I stood up by the house to see if I could hear anything . As I did we , he decided to get involved at this point , put another layer round , more batten more insulation . This carried on another couple ?? of times until he could play away to his hearts content in his 'new' 10x5music room

Another happy customer  ;D

;D ;D he probably has happy neighbours too!

Streetwalker

I just did a job for an old mate soundproofing an old brick built shed at the end of his garden . He is a sax/trumpet player in the west end shows and wanted somewhere to practice /write music  while he is off work .
It was quiet funny the shed started off 20ft x 10ft  and after I had put some sound insulation round  he had a play while I stood up by the house to see if I could hear anything . As I did we , he decided to get involved at this point , put another layer round , more batten more insulation . This carried on another couple ?? of times until he could play away to his hearts content in his 'new' 10x5music room

Another happy customer  ;D

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 10:24:59 AM
I sympathise with them, especially as my son is in the sector. I'd love to go and see the "Nutcracker" ballet, but unsure if it will take place this year.

Christmas without the Nutcracker! BoJo really has given up all hope of staying on as PM
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 11:36:57 AM
BRB are planning to perform at the Royal Albert Hall. Not sure if it will go ahead.
https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/the-nutcracker-rah-1

I feel for the dancers. I don't know what they are doing about class and rehearsals. Perhaps they are relying on regular testing or something but it they aren't in class their fitness won't be up to performance level.

My grandson arrived home at midnight last night after being sent home from school. All his year in his house have been sent home because 2 tested positive. So much for the bubble system.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on October 05, 2020, 10:43:05 AM
I don't see how it can. I should think most ballet companies would be hard pressed to have enough stand-ins should some get the virus and pass it to the whole company. Dancers are pretty resilient but I would imagine that safety if under par would be a factor.
BRB are planning to perform at the Royal Albert Hall. Not sure if it will go ahead.
https://www.brb.org.uk/whats-on/event/the-nutcracker-rah-1
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on October 05, 2020, 10:24:59 AM
I sympathise with them, especially as my son is in the sector. I'd love to go and see the "Nutcracker" ballet, but unsure if it will take place this year.

I don't see how it can. I should think most ballet companies would be hard pressed to have enough stand-ins should some get the virus and pass it to the whole company. Dancers are pretty resilient but I would imagine that safety if under par would be a factor.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

GBNews

Coronavirus: Theatre and events staff protest outside parliament

Arts and events workers are appealing for more financial aid from the government due to the impact of Covid-19.

Source: Coronavirus: Theatre and events staff protest outside parliament