I don't think they mean Barry

Started by Sheepy, October 07, 2020, 02:50:05 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Nalaar on October 07, 2020, 04:41:57 PM
What part of sexually assaulting people is meant to help though?
I guess it isn't, I would also guess, it relies on trust and human nature takes a back seat, not always a good thing.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Nalaar

Quote from: Sheepy on October 07, 2020, 03:58:32 PM
I guess what they are saying, it is OK to break the law, if it stops somebody else breaking the law which could harm others, the problem of course is, all the abuse this has already received.

What part of sexually assaulting people is meant to help though?
Don't believe everything you think.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on October 07, 2020, 03:35:31 PM
I don't think that law should have been passed in any way. I would think judicial review would be a good challenge to the law's legality.
How can it be legal to exempt people from serious offences? It's OK to prosecute squaddies for "murder" decades after the event. Perhaps those squaddies should claim the same exemption.

I guess what they are saying, it is OK to break the law, if it stops somebody else breaking the law which could harm others, the problem of course is, all the abuse this has already received.

Barry

I don't think that law should have been passed in any way. I would think judicial review would be a good challenge to the law's legality.
How can it be legal to exempt people from serious offences? It's OK to prosecute squaddies for "murder" decades after the event. Perhaps those squaddies should claim the same exemption.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy