Brexit: EU leaders call for UK trade talks to continue

Started by Borchester, October 15, 2020, 05:58:02 PM

« previous - next »

Forum admin

Thread closed for moderation.
I'm about to delete all the off topic posts so take your Cromwell flaming somewhere else CB. You were warned.

Thread re-opened, infraction issued.
EIther post on topic or don't post. Please stop the flaming of other users or the next infraction will be a ban.

cromwell

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 15, 2020, 11:27:55 PM
Edward Heath was crystal clear that Britain was joining more than just a common market. I've had this conversation with Streetwalker already; I'm not going over it again.

What about the other points I raised in my reply to your post?
Up to you I beg to differ,what other points....facts are facts?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2020, 11:25:04 PM
Of course they are,and the fact is that the majority of those who bothered to get of their backsides voted to say bye bye to a political entity they never wished nor were consulted on its evolution despite promises they would be.

The common market was a good idea,the eu is not.......generally there is no problem with or neighbours in Europe there is with a totally unnecessary entity.

Edward Heath was crystal clear that Britain was joining more than just a common market. I've had this conversation with Streetwalker already; I'm not going over it again.

What about the other points I raised in my reply to your post?
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

cromwell

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 15, 2020, 11:11:43 PM
Facts is Facts, Cromwell.

Of course they are,and the fact is that the majority of those who bothered to get of their backsides voted to say bye bye to a political entity they never wished nor were consulted on its evolution despite promises they would be.

The common market was a good idea,the eu is not.......generally there is no problem with or neighbours in Europe there is with a totally unnecessary entity.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: cromwell on October 15, 2020, 11:08:35 PM
Another anti English bod with a chip on their shoulder

Facts is Facts, Cromwell.

Btw, are you aware of the atrocities Oliver Cromwell carried out in Ireland? How would you feel if my Username was Hitler or Himmler?

Another thing: why do you and so many around here have a chip on their shoulder against the French? Why call them Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys? Are you aware that the Japanese literally had an entire army of British Surrender Monkeys doing their navvy work in the Pacific?
They took care of us when we were vulnerable, now it's our turn to take care of them. Health before Wealth: Lockdown.

cromwell

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 15, 2020, 10:27:57 PM
Like Britain during the Suez Crisis.
Another anti English bod with a chip on their shoulder

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 15, 2020, 06:28:31 PM
I have always like Canada. I have very good friends who are Canadians, but you seem to come from an area I have never heard of -

Ivy Road, Cricklewood London NW2
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 15, 2020, 06:44:41 PMEveryone is compromising currently.

Boris as agreed another day or two before he calls time.

He has offered a 3 year transition on fishing.
And Macron has offered that he only wants rights to fishing in the English channel.

Macrons not doing the negotiations, he has no way to agree anything with the UK.

Remember after a deal is struck that's when it gets interesting, maybe Latvia or Malta will say no and that's the end of that deal.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on October 15, 2020, 06:44:41 PMEveryone is compromising currently.

And Macron has offered that he only wants rights to fishing in the English channel.

Seriously, his 'die in a ditch' deadline. Are you telling me that Johnson has either lied (can't believe that) or he's done a complete climb down. Comical.

You have a right clown in charge

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 05:58:02 PM
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54557585 

Looks as though the EU is bottling out.

Your comical, the EU doesn't have a dead line. They said if you want a deal in place for Jan then prob the end of Oct (2 more weeks) would be the deadline, but in reality the EU will talk for the next 10yr's and strike a deal. There's no rush.

If trade talks stop there is only one person to blame, Johnson. Why he set himself a deadline to fall over is beyond me, the mans a fool. But I'll wait until the dead line has passed before I really start taking the piss.
So what if a deal was struck in Feb next yr and in place by April, why is Jan1 such an important day, its purely symbolic.

Baff

Quote from: T00ts on October 15, 2020, 06:12:07 PM
We are constantly fed the storyline that unity is absolute amongst EU members, and it simply isn't true. They have kept relatively quiet on the understanding that we would bottle and they would hold all the cards but when the crunch comes and BJ's hand is on the door they will split. None of them wants to lose out and Macron can whinge all he likes but the truth is he is nothing compared to Germany. The EU will trample on whoever is necessary to keep the project on track and Macron with his adamant demands for more EU will wilt under the pressure.

Everyone is compromising currently.

T00ts

Quote from: Cor Blimey! on October 15, 2020, 06:18:56 PM
Did Porky read all of that in your tealeaves, Toots?

You still don't understand that the Member States are the EU.

I have always like Canada. I have very good friends who are Canadians, but you seem to come from an area I have never heard of - Cuckoo land. I am sure the EU has brainwashed those who are members that that is the case. Member states in the EU are steadily removed from the power base. A lot of Member Nations are purely fodder for the richer Member States. They eat you up give you lots of money to 'improve' your lives. Steadily remove any real independence while utilising your cheap labour until another poor mutt arrives. At that point suddenly all those back handers to encourage business to your shores are encouraged and spent elsewhere. Your turn will come. Watch the money talk! I really don't understand why you can't see it.

Cor Blimey!

Quote from: T00ts on October 15, 2020, 06:12:07 PM
We are constantly fed the storyline that unity is absolute amongst EU members, and it simply isn't true. They have kept relatively quiet on the understanding that we would bottle and they would hold all the cards but when the crunch comes and BJ's hand is on the door they will split. None of them wants to lose out and Macron can whinge all he likes but the truth is he is nothing compared to Germany. The EU will trample on whoever is necessary to keep the project on track and Macron with his adamant demands for more EU will wilt under the pressure.

Did Porky read all of that in your tealeaves, Toots?

You still don't understand that the Member States are the EU.

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 15, 2020, 05:58:02 PM
  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54557585 

Looks as though the EU is bottling out.