Libdem bias

Started by T00ts, November 05, 2019, 07:22:14 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=4191 time=1572981734 user_id=54
Is it just my imagination or is the Remain biased media now pushing Jo Swinson and her PM ambitions for no other reason than she promises to revoke A50.  Are we going to see a resurgence of the same mania that propelled camera friendly Nick Clegg to his unexpected position in the Cameron alliance. I know everyone is fairly sure she can't get there but it seems media coverage is certainly hopeful.

fully agree with you toots.

If you are a remainer in scotland , there is only one party  to vote for , the SNP.

If you are a remainer in england , i would say the liberals are the only party for you. However if i were an english tory remain  voter looking for a home  , it must weigh heavily on your conscience that to vote liberals in england is going to put jeremy corbyn in ten downing street.

The fear of corbyn and macdonnel in 10 downing street , giving some sort of marxist anti semitic remain , must be a fate worse than death compared to johnsons brexit.

The damage a hard left labour government could do to these islands cannot be underestimated by anyone.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Churchill

Is it just my imagination or is the Remain biased media now pushing Jo Swinson and her PM ambitions for no other reason than she promises to revoke A50.  Are we going to see a resurgence of the same mania that propelled camera friendly Nick Clegg to his unexpected position in the Cameron alliance. I know everyone is fairly sure she can't get there but it seems media coverage is certainly hopeful.

In the late 90's the BBC was called Blairs Broadcasting Company by many  :D  now its called the Boris Bashing Company :D
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Barry

Quote from: Javert post_id=4298 time=1573042325 user_id=64
Why shouldn't the 30% or 62% who voted remain be allowed to put whatever poster they like in their window?

They can, Javert, they can do as they wish. I didn't say otherwise.
† The end is nigh †

Major Sinic

Why shouldn't the 30% or 62% who voted remain be allowed to put whatever poster they like in their window?

They should. I think that you are missing the point of the post. In our increasingly divided, angry and antagonistic society the implication was that the owner of the window and poster will be lucky not to have a brick put through both.

For the same reason I have not put my 'I support Boris' sticker in my car back window.

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=4329 time=1573053749 user_id=70
What does it say — Bethlem Royal Hospital..?

"We are going to vote tactically to keep the disgusting Tories out so don't bother knocking the door."

As for your snide remark about Bethlem Royal Hospital my wife and I have been there in the past to take a long term  patient out for a day.

(That took some arranging and "red tape." )
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4302 time=1573043491 user_id=89
Well the poster on my front door appears to be stopping any canvassers knocking the door. (My poster is all my own work not a political party one.

What does it say — Bethlem Royal Hospital..?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Baron von Lotsov

Jo Swinson = educated at the LSE (part of the Kremlin)

Would you have expected anything different?
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

cromwell

Well I don't think anyone's saying they shouldn't.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Well the poster on my front door appears to be stopping any canvassers knocking the door. (My poster is all my own work not a political party one.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Javert

Quote from: Barry post_id=4199 time=1572984357 user_id=51
I was in Bridgnorth today and in one of the windows was a Lib Dem poster with "STOP BREXIT" in the middle of it. I remarked how brave the owner must be. Bridgnorth voted 58% to leave.

It brought up a vision in my mind of a smashed window, and I'm not the violent type. In my constituency which voted over 70% leave that window would be like a red rag to a bull.

Anyway, Jo Swinson has been pulled up on a few programmes recently for her lies and deceptions. I don't expect all of the press will pinpoint those, in fact, I would expect the Guardian and Independent to be ignoring those.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Borchester post_id=4204 time=1572985252 user_id=62
The Independent is a far left newspaper owned by the Saudi royal family and a Russian billionaire and as such lost contact with reality a long time ago.

Yep yep and re the grauniad..

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-09-11-how-the-uk-security-services-neutralised-the-countrys-leading-liberal-newspaper/amp/?__twitter_impression=true">https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article ... ssion=true">https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2019-09-11-how-the-uk-security-services-neutralised-the-countrys-leading-liberal-newspaper/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

However, similar is true for ALL UK mainstream media..
+++

Nick

It's 2 fold, promote her and attack Boris. No change there then.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=4199 time=1572984357 user_id=51
 I don't expect all of the press will pinpoint those, in fact, I would expect the Guardian and Independent to be ignoring those.

The Independent is a far left newspaper owned by the Saudi royal family and a Russian billionaire and as such lost contact with reality a long time ago.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

I was in Bridgnorth today and in one of the windows was a Lib Dem poster with "STOP BREXIT" in the middle of it. I remarked how brave the owner must be. Bridgnorth voted 58% to leave.

It brought up a vision in my mind of a smashed window, and I'm not the violent type. In my constituency which voted over 70% leave that window would be like a red rag to a bull.

Anyway, Jo Swinson has been pulled up on a few programmes recently for her lies and deceptions. I don't expect all of the press will pinpoint those, in fact, I would expect the Guardian and Independent to be ignoring those.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

I doubt that it is so much bias as the fact that the Lib Dems can be relied upon for a good soundbite. Neither the Labour nor Conservative party want to say anything controversial because they don't want to upset the apple cart, but Jo Swinton can  say anything she likes because the nearest she will get to number 10 will be if Boris invites her to his Christmas party.
Algerie Francais !