The Guardian...1 million young face jobs crisis...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 18, 2020, 09:59:51 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Bog in the bag toilets?

Chopping trees down for firewood?

When was the last time you camped or seen the inside of a feckin tent pappy...........1945?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 07:02:14 PM
It is the terminology which is at fault, wild camping is not normally a problem or illegal as long as people use "bog in a bag" toilets and leave nothing behind after they leave.
The problem nationally has been is people illegally camping where it is banned. (Like large areas where I live which are Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
or where there are big notices no overnight camping or overnight parking.)
They also cut down trees for firewood and lit fires where fires are banned.
(Local volunteers are still clearing up the human excrement, broken glass and large piles of rubbish.)

What do you mean nationally? England ? Yookay?

Wild camping isnae "banned" in scotland , nationally you are allowed to camp on most "unenclosed " land completely different from your country.

I have been camping and caravaning for nearly forty years , not just across these islands but most of west and central europe , and i dont recognise what you are actually talking about.

What are you talking about a tiny tiny minority of pikey sites racking up on some obscure english village lawn and shitting in the neighbours hedges?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 19, 2020, 06:25:45 PM
Stay away from wales then. Such acts are illegal here now and not because of the chinese cough. I do not know when it was done, but "wild camping" is now an offence west of offas' fence

It is the terminology which is at fault, wild camping is not normally a problem or illegal as long as people use "bog in a bag" toilets and leave nothing behind after they leave.
The problem nationally has been is people illegally camping where it is banned. (Like large areas where I live which are Sites of Special Scientific Interest.
or where there are big notices no overnight camping or overnight parking.)
They also cut down trees for firewood and lit fires where fires are banned.
(Local volunteers are still clearing up the human excrement, broken glass and large piles of rubbish.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Sheepy on October 18, 2020, 09:42:38 PM
I ain't bothered my motorhome will run chip  oil, if need be, it is completely off grid and plenty of places to ramp up nobody knows about, everything you need can be found in the wild. I am sorted.

Stay away from wales then. Such acts are illegal here now and not because of the chinese cough. I do not know when it was done, but "wild camping" is now an offence west of offas' fence
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 06:13:53 PM
People who call it the Chinese cough should in my opinion be fined £10000.

why ? do you dispute it is the chinese to blame for the current pandemic ? why should we not point the finger at the police state responsible ?
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 06:13:53 PM

And then wrapped in bard wire so that the Coastguards can practice machine gunning them before they start on the illegal immigrants?

Damn it Pappy, you really are an old softie  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on October 19, 2020, 05:38:56 PM
Well, it does seem that the great British public are starting to figure out for themselves that the Chinese cough

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on October 19, 2020, 12:22:56 PM
Unless you get covid-19, of course.
Well, it does seem that the great British public are starting to figure out for themselves that the Chinese cough is not quite as deadly as we were told. The 5% dead has turned into 0.14% dead, which is about the same threat as seasonal flu, or flue  ;)
Therefore, we really do need to get back to life instead of the living death Boris seems to want to impose on us at the moment.
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2020, 02:29:14 PM
Of course you are Pappy. Instead of dying on your no existent lawn, how about we hire a boat so that you can machinegun a few illegal immigrants trying to cross the Channel. Think of it as an award for all your efforts to cheer the board up  :)

It would be more effective to eradicate the people traffickers.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 02:24:49 PM
I don't have lawn.  I am in fact a happy person.

Of course you are Pappy. Instead of dying on your no existent lawn, how about we hire a boat so that you can machinegun a few illegal immigrants trying to cross the Channel. Think of it as an award for all your efforts to cheer the board up  :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2020, 02:08:18 PM
I am sorry to hear that Pappy, but to be honest, I am not sure that you could manage too much happiness.

How about the rest of the forum drive down to the Lizard and stage a mass die in on your lawn,would that cheer you up :)

I don't have lawn.  I am in fact a happy person. But the ever increasing nastiness from government over the last ten years is disgraceful.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 01:49:03 PM
You really do need to get out more, it gets nastier by the day.

I am sorry to hear that Pappy, but to be honest, I am not sure that you could manage too much happiness.

How about the rest of the forum drive down to the Lizard and stage a mass die in on your lawn,would that cheer you up :)
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 19, 2020, 01:24:12 PM
But we now live in a kinder, gentler world

You really do need to get out more, it gets nastier by the day.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 12:58:32 PM
One way trip to the vet?

Well there you are Pappy. not so long ago you and I would be facing a future in a glue factory. But we now live in a kinder, gentler world that makes a fuss over folk with a chesty cough and shuts down the nation accordingly.

So if the modern state can afford to have the bulk of the nation not doing much of anything and yet collect a living wage, we should accept that will soon become the new normal.
Algerie Francais !