Brexit: Rachel Reeves on future UK-EU trading with tariffs

Started by GBNews, October 19, 2020, 07:00:56 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 20, 2020, 01:46:43 PM
It isn't case of Britain sinking below the waves it is case if millions of people being put in severe hardship just so a few people involved hedge funds can trouser £8billion. (The profits of doom.)
There is no good outcome to Brexit and a no deal crash out Brexit will be a disaster.

Pappy  there is nothing wrong at all with people trousering large amounts of money from ill gotten gains.

You have done it.....so why deny others the pure pleasure of doing the same ?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on October 20, 2020, 01:42:13 PM
Just out of interest Pappy, if the UK does not sink beneath the waves on 1 January 2021, will you come on here and say well, mea culpa lads and lasses, I really screwed that one up etc etc ?

Good man, we look forward to hearing from you  :)

To be fair though borkie , im sure pappy will be the first to admit his prediction record on internet forums is pretty dire over the last ten years or so. The only person i have ever come across with a worse prediction record is quackers.

Bearing that in mind , im sure pappy might , just might take that into account when folk take his latest predictions with a pinch of salt  and a large does of scepticism.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 20, 2020, 02:01:20 PM
How can you possibly have posted facts about a future event? Especially one that has never occurred before.

Quite easily, there have been plenty of warnings of what a disaster it will be and from people at the sharp end of having to try and deal with it.
I have taken as many mitigating precautions as I can.
Those who still believe in fairly tales and unicorns I am afraid will have to suffer. I can only look after myself and my wife.
When people refuse to understand something all that can be done is to walk away and let them find out the hard way.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Just out of interest Pappy, if the UK does not sink beneath the waves on 1 January 2021, will you come on here and say well, mea culpa lads and lasses, I really screwed that one up etc etc ?

Are you world champion at breath holding?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 20, 2020, 07:43:33 AMI am fed up with posting the facts references.

How can you possibly have posted facts about a future event? Especially one that has never occurred before.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 20, 2020, 01:46:43 PM
It isn't case of Britain sinking below the waves it is case if millions of people being put in severe hardship just so a few people involved hedge funds can trouser £8billion. (The profits of doom.)
There is no good outcome to Brexit and a no deal crash out Brexit will be a disaster.

So you are going to bottle out?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on October 20, 2020, 12:07:29 PM
Frankly there is no-one angrier than someone who finds out the hard way that they have been lied to and fooled. There are going to be a lot of those when the disaster strikes next January and I suspect Farage and some of the other snake oil salesmen will have to exile themselves out of Britain for their own safety.

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on October 20, 2020, 11:49:41 AM
Don't put yourself out Pappy. We simply aren't worth your time and trouble.

Frankly there is no-one angrier than someone who finds out the hard way that they have been lied to and fooled. There are going to be a lot of those when the disaster strikes next January and I suspect Farage and some of the other snake oil salesmen will have to exile themselves out of Britain for their own safety.

Borchester

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 20, 2020, 07:43:33 AM
I am fed up with posting the facts references.  All I get back is project fear, the tariffs Britain will have to pay on each product exported into the EU with a no deal Brexit are a matter of fact and public record.
The reality being a large tranche of British farmers will go out of business.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 19, 2020, 09:41:19 PM
No, please do. But we want facts and not what you believe is going to happen.

I am fed up with posting the facts references.  All I get back is project fear, the tariffs Britain will have to pay on each product exported into the EU with a no deal Brexit are a matter of fact and public record.
The reality being a large tranche of British farmers will go out of business.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 19, 2020, 08:07:16 PM
Frankly it really is a waste of time even attempting to explain to you the nasty effect a no deal crash out Brexit is going to have British farming and the British citizens.

No, please do. But we want facts and not what you believe is going to happen.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

QuoteRACHEL REEVES is what happens, I think, when bankers are in charge of the Labour Party.

Before becoming an MP, Reeves worked for the Bank of England and HBOS, with a stint at the British embassy in Washington in between.

Labour has given her a new career, but she seems to have no idea how or why the Labour Party was formed.

The Guardian asked her a typically Blairite question: "Is it a problem if Labour is seen as a party of the welfare state?"

Reeves answered: "Yes, of course, but we're not. We don't want to be seen as, and we're not, the party to represent those who are out of work.

https://dearkitty1.wordpress.com/2015/03/20/british-blairite-attack-on-unemployed-people/

I absolutely love the labour party blairites like Reeve.

How anyone actually thinks the electorate take these people seriously is beyond me........just shows the london bubble elite are in cloud feckin cuckoo land. :D

Thomas

QuoteRachel Reeves doesn't think Labour is a party of the welfare state

QuoteRead that again. This is one of Ed Milliband's top people saying that Labour (the party of Bevin, Attlee and Hardie) aren't going to represent people on benefits or people struggling or out of work? That. Is. Extraordinary.

https://g1rm.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/rachel-reeves-doesnt-think-labour-is-a-party-of-the-welfare-state/