Covid-19 denier dies of Covid-19

Started by papasmurf, October 20, 2020, 10:26:39 AM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 23, 2020, 06:40:55 PM
So if a plane with 100 people on board crashes on landing and 51 people die it's a disaster but if only 49 die then it's all about the majority who survived. Now I get where you're coming from. ::)
Which plane? which airline? nothing in the news about it.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Forum admin

Thread closed for Cornish pasties to be removed.
Moderation

Re-opened after removal of off topic posts and some abusive ones, too.

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 23, 2020, 02:20:22 PM
Of course it is, you silly boy, if millions more survive than die, it is always a good outcome, wars have been fought over much less.
So if a plane with 100 people on board crashes on landing and 51 people die it's a disaster but if only 49 die then it's all about the majority who survived. Now I get where you're coming from. ::)
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 23, 2020, 01:58:08 PM
OK, so more people surviving than dying is your measure of a good outcome now, is it?  Should we be happy about this?

So should we also be content that over 67 million British people have not been murdered in random knife attacks?

I don't know why I bother to respond to such nonsense.
Of course it is, you silly boy, if millions more survive than die, it is always a good outcome, wars have been fought over much less.

HDQQ

Quote from: Sheepy on October 22, 2020, 11:20:17 AMYou know Ducky at one of my wild guesses, I bet a lot more have survived than died.

OK, so more people surviving than dying is your measure of a good outcome now, is it?  Should we be happy about this?

So should we also be content that over 67 million British people have not been murdered in random knife attacks?

I don't know why I bother to respond to such nonsense.

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on October 22, 2020, 11:20:17 AM
You know Ducky at one of my wild guesses, I bet a lot more have survived than died.
14 died and 9,986 lived.
The 14 who died were average age 82-86.
The 9,986 will try to "build back better" when they are given the chance.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: HDQQ on October 22, 2020, 11:05:28 AM
Other covid-19 denialists have died from the illness.

For example:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/14/healthy-man-who-blasted-coronavirus-hype-refused-wear-mask-killed-12987711/

And another:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-cain-idUSKCN24V2OD

Even if you take all the precautions against Covid-19, you can still get it and possibly become seriously ill or die from it, while some people who take no precautions will escape the illness. But on balance those who take the proper precautions are at lower risk.
You know Ducky at one of my wild guesses, I bet a lot more have survived than died.

HDQQ

Other covid-19 denialists have died from the illness.

For example:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/14/healthy-man-who-blasted-coronavirus-hype-refused-wear-mask-killed-12987711/

And another:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-cain-idUSKCN24V2OD

Even if you take all the precautions against Covid-19, you can still get it and possibly become seriously ill or die from it, while some people who take no precautions will escape the illness. But on balance those who take the proper precautions are at lower risk.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 21, 2020, 12:35:42 AM
The stresses an elite fitness lifestyle put on the circulatory system exert their toll. Leaving aside all suspicion of substance abuse, the sheer degre of working out necessary to produce the body this guy had would more than likely cause those stresses.....

The other problem is unknown pre-existing conditions, and as you state substance abuse. The Long Covid problem is only really now starting to emerge.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on October 20, 2020, 02:47:32 PM
Shame for his partner and 3 kids.
He looks 50 years old though, and who knows what lifestyle he led building up muscle?
He must be the 1 in 10 million 30's males that dies.

Perhaps Nick should have included this link, which was the only one in the first two pages of google results that went into this detail

https://popculture.com/trending/news/fitness-influencer-dmitriy-stuzhuk-dead-33-due-coronavirus-insisting-hoax/

The specific points are :-

1) He claimed it was a hoax
2) He went on holiday to Turkey where he tested positive 
3) He was discharged from hospital ............

then, and crucially, 4, he was readmitted with heart problems some time after his release.

Now, I was not in the ward where he was discharged and i am not privy to his medical notes. However, this quite definitely suggests to me he was one of the poor bastards who find the viral ACE2 inhibitor trigger finds a home in the outer membrane of the cells of a vital organ which transports it across the cel membrane and into the innards believing it to be a substance normally secreted into the blood to reduce the heartrate, and from there on the virus goes to town and goes mental.

Almost every death of an otherwise fairly fit individual that I heard talk of or saw reports of fell into this category whereby there was clinical records of crashing heart rate and blood pressure leading ot organ shutdown as a direct result of an apparent overreaction at the ACE2 / ACE2 inhibitor control level.

I believe in evidence based science and I have not personally seen any reports of deaths of otherwise seemingly reasonably healthy people who dod not go down this road to hell. That does not mean there are none. But from what I have seen, yes, I am myself convinced that just as I am the one in 30,000 whose body reacts very, very badly to the clinical painkiller amytryptalline and who still carries the scars of that, so I feel this poor sod drew a very bad poker hand from the deck.

One specific point i think I should also say. On the slab, the heart of an Olympic athlete does rather resemble anatomically, physiologically and biochemically, the heart of a chronically ill heart patient, according to the anatomy and physiology professors that taught me. The stresses an elite fitness lifestyle put on the circulatory system exert their toll. Leaving aside all suspicion of substance abuse, the sheer degre of working out necessary to produce the body this guy had would more than likely cause those stresses.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: Barry on October 20, 2020, 02:47:32 PMand who knows what lifestyle he led building up muscle?

I did note that Pappy ignored that point when I made it.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

Shame for his partner and 3 kids.
He looks 50 years old though, and who knows what lifestyle he led building up muscle?
He must be the 1 in 10 million 30's males that dies.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2020, 01:28:49 PM
Since when did you get elected as judge and jury?

Where did I write I was going to be that? I will merely be happy when they cark it.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

While I don't wish anybody ill, sometimes karma can appear to be justified...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on October 20, 2020, 01:20:04 PM
That is a truly shameful comment.

Cut him some slack Toots. When we don't die of want or whatever plagues he has scheduled for 1 January 2021, Pappy  will probably implode from sheer frustration. :)
Algerie Francais !