Intorpreta nay required...

Started by DeppityDawg, October 22, 2020, 02:03:39 PM

« previous - next »

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 03:12:06 PMAhhh now that I can follow. Thank you very much - all is right in the world again!

Another one of my favourites - two lads arguing in the bait room this morning

"dafook da yee knaar?" (I don't believe you are an expert in this field)

:D :D :D

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on October 22, 2020, 06:43:15 PM

Bloody geordies toots and their inbred accents. :D

I have of course told the story of the time I was in Edinburgh and a local and a Glaswegian squared up?

I have but you are prepared to hear it again?

Ok. Well I was in a drinker off Leith Walk and two lads got into a row, whereupon we urged them to take it outside and that we would be along to see foul play. So the pair of them went outside and sod all happened. I think that was mostly because they were both completely shit faced, but partly because I suspect that neither could understand the appalling insults they were receiving. 
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 03:12:06 PM
Ahhh now that I can follow. Thank you very much - all is right in the world again!

Bloody geordies toots and their inbred accents. :D

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 22, 2020, 03:08:01 PM
Approximate translation

"Good afternoon David old chap. I was unable to complete the additional work assignment that was given to me this morning, because I was unable to gain access to the facility in question by the security gates. Would you be kind enough to update my job card with the relevant information please?"

"Of course Terrence old chap, I will ensure your record is.amended"

"Thank you David. I will go back tomorrow and complete the job if you would be kind enough to inform them that I require access"

Ahhh now that I can follow. Thank you very much - all is right in the world again!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on October 22, 2020, 02:53:46 PMI still don't ?

Approximate translation

"Good afternoon David old chap. I was unable to complete the additional work assignment that was given to me this morning, because I was unable to gain access to the facility in question by the security gates. Would you be kind enough to update my job card with the relevant information please?"

"Of course Terrence old chap, I will ensure your record is.amended"

"Thank you David. I will go back tomorrow and complete the job if you would be kind enough to inform them that I require access"

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on October 22, 2020, 02:03:39 PM
The following impossible shouted conversation just occurred across the yard between the workshop door and the window of Terry's service van...

"How, Davy...ah cannit dee this jab wot theyz gee-is marin, coz the fookin daars is why doon, man...can ya tick ma cordz mind..."

"Aye, Terry, aw'll dee for ye"

"Aye, cheerz man Davy...aw'll gan bak tha marra and dee it, if yeez tellum nay to lack me oot"

*Sigh* It's a good job I've lived here for 20 odd years or I'd not have a f**king clue what was going on

?????? I still don't ??????? ???

DeppityDawg

The following impossible shouted conversation just occurred across the yard between the workshop door and the window of Terry's service van...

"How, Davy...ah cannit dee this jab wot theyz gee-is marin, coz the fookin daars is why doon, man...can ya tick ma cordz mind..."

"Aye, Terry, aw'll dee for ye"

"Aye, cheerz man Davy...aw'll gan bak tha marra and dee it, if yeez tellum nay to lack me oot"

*Sigh* It's a good job I've lived here for 20 odd years or I'd not have a fucking clue what was going on