Covid: How the new rules in Wales, Scotland and England will work

Started by GBNews, October 24, 2020, 08:00:38 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: patman post on October 28, 2020, 04:08:46 PM
That's what I'd understood #14, and since had it confirmed.
Not quite the slippage locally or in WC and EC that you're noticing, but it's happening.

Hopefully, there'll be more nationally-consistent advice and restriction brought in soon so that Christmas celebrants know what the should be doing and the risks to everyone if they don't...

Er ... Nope. Welsh Wankers are already sitting new national (meaning Wales only) rules will be revealed in a few days.

Back to no travel and no beer, I bet.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

This afternoon one of the Cottage Burner admirers whose vote is propping Dickhead Drakeford up in office,and who has the cheek to call.herdelf my elected representative, wrote me a splendid email.

It is crystal clear she has seen the pitchforks and torches. She is at pains to state that Drakeford imposed the non essential goods ban by decree without giving the assembly a chance to debate or vote. She admits voting for the lockdown but says he has gone too far and badly managed his actions.

Hopefully this will bite him on the bum ....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Javert on October 28, 2020, 12:06:23 PM
Technically not - in theory you could be fined for sitting in a bar with strangers, even if that bar is in tier 2 or tier 1, if you live in a tier 3 house.  As I said above, your risk of getting caught is probably low.
That's what I'd understood #14, and since had it confirmed.

Quote from: Javert on October 28, 2020, 12:06:23 PMWhat I notice more in general is that the appetite to follow the rules to the letter has slipped away somewhat. 

Back in March/April, pretty much everyone I knew was following the rules almost to the letter, even where they maybe thought the rules were a bit odd.

Now, we have just gone into tier 3 - most of the people I know are already doing, or planning, something that is technically a breach of the rules - it seems to be more an attitude of - I'll follow the rules most of the time but if it's something that's highly inconvenient or I really really really want to do something then I'm just going to risk it. 

I guess with low level of complience, we will obviously see higher numbers of cases.
Not quite the slippage locally or in WC and EC that you're noticing, but it's happening.

Hopefully, there'll be more nationally-consistent advice and restriction brought in soon so that Christmas celebrants know what the should be doing and the risks to everyone if they don't...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: Javert on October 28, 2020, 12:06:23 PM

I guess with low level of complience, we will obviously see higher numbers of cases.

I expect a massive rise in Covid-19 two to three weeks after Christmas.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Javert

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 27, 2020, 04:55:43 PMif I turn left at the bottom of my road I can only have a drink in a pub with my Mrs but if I turn right I can sit with strangers

Technically not - in theory you could be fined for sitting in a bar with strangers, even if that bar is in tier 2 or tier 1, if you live in a tier 3 house.  As I said above, your risk of getting caught is probably low.

What I notice more in general is that the appetite to follow the rules to the letter has slipped away somewhat. 

Back in March/April, pretty much everyone I knew was following the rules almost to the letter, even where they maybe thought the rules were a bit odd.

Now, we have just gone into tier 3 - most of the people I know are already doing, or planning, something that is technically a breach of the rules - it seems to be more an attitude of - I'll follow the rules most of the time but if it's something that's highly inconvenient or I really really really want to do something then I'm just going to risk it. 

patman post

Hands, Face, Space seems a simple enough bit of advice or rule to follow.
As does rule of six and do local restrictions — they're explained often enough on national and local radio and national and local newspapers.

Shops round here are providing sanitising stations and have notices asking customers to mask up and keep their distance...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on October 27, 2020, 07:45:02 PM
Isn't it the case that if you reside in tier 2 or tier 3, you carry those rules with you even if you travel into a lower classification tier?
We're in tier 2 and have an elderly relative in Kent and am told we can't go in their house, whereas if we were also from Kent, we could...
Not really sure. Frankly, I wonder if people are losing interest with all the different rules to follow. So I'll slide up my snood at the supermarket and then go home.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on October 27, 2020, 07:45:02 PM
Isn't it the case that if you reside in tier 2 or tier 3, you carry those rules with you even if you travel into a lower classification tier?
We're in tier 2 and have an elderly relative in Kent and am told we can't go in their house, whereas if we were also from Kent, we could...

No its not the rules its advice

patman post

Streetwalker

Quote from: Javert on October 27, 2020, 01:51:33 PM
If you are in tier 2 the pubs don't need to be closed that's tier 3, and even then it's only if they don't serve "substantial meals".

In any case, under the legislation you are supposed to carry the rules with you wherever you go, so basically even if you go to a tier 1 area, since your house is in tier 2 you are supposed to follow tier 2 rules while you are there.

If you are in tier 3, you're also breaking the rules in another way as you are not supposed to leave your area except for essential journeys.

I'm not commenting on whether these rules are good or not - I'm just saying that my understanding is that you have to carry your rules around with you like a suitcase - it's not that you can go to another zone and just follow their rules.  Of course the chance of getting caught is pretty slim but you could potentially spread the virus to another zone.

Yes thats how I understand it but Im not breaking any laws by turning right at the bottom of my road instead of left though you could say I was not adhering to the 'guidance '
Its farcical that if I turn left at the bottom of my road I can only have a drink in a pub with my Mrs but if I turn right I can sit with strangers . I cant go to my sons house for dinner but he can come to mine though I can get on a bus full of strangers to his  garden  .

Its a mad world

Javert

Quote from: Streetwalker on October 27, 2020, 12:03:11 PMWe are in infection zone two ,or is it amber , I loose track .But there's a pub 15 minutes down the road that's in the neutral zone and Im heading there for a drink later .All this only drinking with your own household is doing my nut in , its why you go down the pub in the first place to get away from her .

If you are in tier 2 the pubs don't need to be closed that's tier 3, and even then it's only if they don't serve "substantial meals".

In any case, under the legislation you are supposed to carry the rules with you wherever you go, so basically even if you go to a tier 1 area, since your house is in tier 2 you are supposed to follow tier 2 rules while you are there.

If you are in tier 3, you're also breaking the rules in another way as you are not supposed to leave your area except for essential journeys.

I'm not commenting on whether these rules are good or not - I'm just saying that my understanding is that you have to carry your rules around with you like a suitcase - it's not that you can go to another zone and just follow their rules.  Of course the chance of getting caught is pretty slim but you could potentially spread the virus to another zone.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on October 24, 2020, 09:16:57 PM

It is illogical to have a lockdown whilst having 800+ people arriving from abroad each day. At the same time it is disproportionate as most of Wales, especially Ceredigion have very few cases, similar to here in the South East of England. So why punish them?

All but essential international  travel should have been enforced from day one . Its farcical that the kids cant travel 2 miles for Sunday lunch but I can squeeze into a train on my way home from work with 30 Asians just off the 16.44 from New Delhi

We are in infection zone two ,or is it amber , I loose track .But there's a pub 15 minutes down the road that's in the neutral zone and Im heading there for a drink later .All this only drinking with your own household is doing my nut in , its why you go down the pub in the first place to get away from her .

Barry

Quote from: Javert on October 24, 2020, 06:29:49 PM

Bananas are yellow.

Therefore this lockdown is disproportionate and illogical  ???
You can do better than that, Javert. Such as making up something I didn't say to argue about.

It is illogical to have a lockdown whilst having 800+ people arriving from abroad each day. At the same time it is disproportionate as most of Wales, especially Ceredigion have very few cases, similar to here in the South East of England. So why punish them?

This virus has a disproportionate effect on the sick and elderly, so the measures to be taken have to be adjusted to protect them, whilst allowing everyone the freedom to choose their own destiny.  Including people in their 80s who choose to mix with their families, than be isolated. They don't need a nanny.gov
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on October 24, 2020, 12:05:45 PM
Arrivals later today and tomorrow at Cardiff airport:
Alicante
Amsterdam
Kos

Sunday
Rhodes
Burgas
Alicante
Malaga
Amsterdam

The airport is not closed. This lockdown as others, is disproportionate and illogical.

The airport's majority owners are - the welsh assembly.

Meanwhile don't piss yourself laughing about this if you're inside the new north korea, because underpants are now deemed non-essential and cannot be sold to you

Javert

Quote from: Barry on October 24, 2020, 12:05:45 PMArrivals later today and tomorrow at Cardiff airport:
Alicante
Amsterdam
Kos

Sunday
Rhodes
Burgas
Alicante
Malaga
Amsterdam

The airport is not closed. This lockdown as others, is disproportionate and illogical.

Bananas are yellow.

Therefore this lockdown is disproportionate and illogical  ???