Another lovely geezer

Started by Dynamis, November 06, 2019, 09:09:29 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis post_id=4264 time=1573031369 user_id=98
Brexit Party candidate says animal testing should be done on remainers instead

https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/05/brexit-party-candidate-says-animal-testing-done-remainers-instead-11045172/amp/">https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/05/brexit-p ... 45172/amp/">https://metro.co.uk/2019/11/05/brexit-party-candidate-says-animal-testing-done-remainers-instead-11045172/amp/

I'm.sure he's had plenty of experience by the looks of it.. :)

Speaking as an 1876 act licence holder, he's right. Today's gene therapies are singularly unsuited to the animal model which was perfectly adequate when I was an activecresearcher
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Churchill

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4482 time=1573117932 user_id=89
Rees Mogg would probably died from inhaling toxic fumes.

He may have done he may not have, some who did take to the stairs did save themselves
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Major Sinic

He may well have done if he had stayed as instructed by the Command of the LFB. To avoid misquoting I am in no way critical o the conduct o the individual ire fighting personnel.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Major Sinic" post_id=4404 time=1573074178 user_id=84
You and me both, and the results of the enquiry so far show that thee, me and Jacob Rees Mogg would have been bloody sensible to have done so.

Rees Mogg would probably died from inhaling toxic fumes.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

Quote from: Barry post_id=4377 time=1573067726 user_id=51
Any politician is a fool to comment on Grenfell.

Better keep their traps shut as it has become a cause celebre of anyone who wants to beat either local or national government with a big stick.

Yes I agree the deaths of those people has been used for political point scoring within hours of it happening
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

Major Sinic

Quote from: Churchill post_id=4324 time=1573050734 user_id=69
So would I , I would be down those stairs long before the Fire Brigade got there

You and me both, and the results of the enquiry so far show that thee, me and Jacob Rees Mogg would have been bloody sensible to have done so.

Barry

Any politician is a fool to comment on Grenfell.

Better keep their traps shut as it has become a cause celebre of anyone who wants to beat either local or national government with a big stick.
† The end is nigh †

Baron von Lotsov

<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Churchill

Quote from: cromwell post_id=4309 time=1573044808 user_id=48
Is it really? and I still say sod off.

So would I , I would be down those stairs long before the Fire Brigade got there

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=4309 time=1573044808 user_id=48

If you wish to die that is your right.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4306 time=1573044309 user_id=89
The stay put policy which is national has saved many lives in the 45 year it has been in place, and is still saving lives.

What the fire brigade did not know at Grenfell was they were dealing with in the event of fire a high rise crematorium.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=4303 time=1573044008 user_id=48
Well what he said might be insensitive but I said to my OH at the time of the fire if I lived in a tower block and it was on fire and someone told me to stay put I'd say sod off.

The stay put policy which is national has saved many lives in the 45 year it has been in place, and is still saving lives.

What the fire brigade did not know at Grenfell was they were dealing with in the event of fire a high rise crematorium.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4289 time=1573039426 user_id=89
Given his comments over the years during house of commons debates he is worse.

Well what he said might be insensitive but I said to my OH at the time of the fire if I lived in a tower block and it was on fire and someone told me to stay put I'd say sod off.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=4285 time=1573037346 user_id=48
Hardly on the same scale as the first two.

Given his comments over the years during house of commons debates he is worse.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=4281 time=1573036792 user_id=89
Don't forget Jacob Rees Mogg's Grenfell comments.

Hardly on the same scale as the first two.