What's essential buying?

Started by T00ts, October 25, 2020, 01:10:20 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Sampanviking on October 25, 2020, 04:38:09 PM
I am sympathetic to this. Why should the big supermarkets be given the chance to clear up, even more than they do already, by letting them self things while the small business cannot?

I think it needs to be a level playing field, either all retailers in key markets are deemed essential or none.
Better still, order from Amazon — no need to leave home...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Sampanviking

I am sympathetic to this. Why should the big supermarkets be given the chance to clear up, even more than they do already, by letting them self things while the small business cannot?

I think it needs to be a level playing field, either all retailers in key markets are deemed essential or none.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 25, 2020, 03:43:57 PM

;D ;D ;D Poor man. I wonder if he realises that his days are numbered in public life.

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 25, 2020, 01:10:20 PM
Yesterday a man in Wales tore the plastic covering from non essential products in Tesco. Today in support of clothes being deemed  non essential another man turned up to do his supermarket shopping in just his underpants. I thought this really funny but it does bring into question the whole thought process behind what is deemed essential.

If I was a new Mum I can see immediately that I might need to top up on babywear other than nappies and with the cold weather getting more so perhaps I would be looking for warmer layers for the whole family. Do they want us all to simply go online?

The best account i can find is one the BBC carried on its new pages which shows the degree to which they understand how close we are to ful lblown rioting

In essence, a woman found herself in A&E in Cardiff with her young kid covered in blood, and was completely unable to find anywhere to get new clothes for her, so had to drive 40 miles home, and 40 miles back again to find what she could....

I hope the first minster's home floods in the current deluge and his television and a dozen other items blow up. I think this is probably the only way he is going to understand the depth to which he has screwed up.

At least one of newport's cheap shops frequented by almost everyone has a sig up saying "WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHALLENGE YOU AT THE TILLS, WE LEAVE IT TO YOU TO DECIDE IF WHAT YOU WANT IS ESSENTIAL"

We here have been through this already once before of course, and then the police refused point blank to rummage round in people's trolleys, knowing full well the police force require the consent of the law abiding to do their job and really donlt want to piss us off

The North Wales Police and Crime Commisisoner is on record as saying this was an unwise step to take. He can see the procession of pitchforks and torches ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Yesterday a man in Wales tore the plastic covering from non essential products in Tesco. Today in support of clothes being deemed  non essential another man turned up to do his supermarket shopping in just his underpants. I thought this really funny but it does bring into question the whole thought process behind what is deemed essential.

If I was a new Mum I can see immediately that I might need to top up on babywear other than nappies and with the cold weather getting more so perhaps I would be looking for warmer layers for the whole family. Do they want us all to simply go online?