ERHC finds Labour institutionally anti-semitic

Started by patman post, October 29, 2020, 12:21:48 PM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 09:46:46 AMI didn't write you are hysterical the media/press are.

Yes but you're talking to me, not the Media or the Press, so telling me 'they're hysterical' when they have come to the same conclusion I have is a failure on your part to recognise the conversation we are having.

You think this is a "good report" I could not disagree more.

QuoteI agree with the report

Good.

QuoteGiven the few complaints it does not need

Wrong, you said

Quotethe fact that complaints were exaggerated is recorded in the EHRC report.

So please show where the exaggerated complaints were recorded in the EHRC
Don't believe everything you think.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 09:46:46 AM
I didn't write you are hysterical the media/press are.  I agree with the report, (which it appears few people have read in full,) But no-where in the report does it state anti-Semitism was/is rife, (and given the few complaints it couldn't,) and nowhere in the report does it state  Labour institutionally anti-Semitic.
I have to wonder why there is no sign of the Tory party investigation into it own problems:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-racism-inquiry-boris-johnson-conservative-delay-a9659371.html

Anger as Boris Johnson's Tory racism inquiry yet to start eight months after he launched it
Exclusive: No call for evidence issued – three months after it was promised – risking action by equalities watchdog which has threatened its own probe

Rob Merrick
Deputy Political Editor
@Rob_Merrick
Saturday 08 August 2020 15:55

Don't you think that the fact that so many records and documents were missing is telling? I don't think your view is going to hold much sway when even the Leader of the Labour party is horrified.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 09:39:32 AM
I am not hysterical. My response is that the Labour Party have utterly failed in its responsibilities towards anti-Semitic behaviour. If you disagree and think that they've done enough, then we are at an impasse.

I didn't write you are hysterical the media/press are.  I agree with the report, (which it appears few people have read in full,) But no-where in the report does it state anti-Semitism was/is rife, (and given the few complaints it couldn't,) and nowhere in the report does it state  Labour institutionally anti-Semitic.
I have to wonder why there is no sign of the Tory party investigation into it own problems:-

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-racism-inquiry-boris-johnson-conservative-delay-a9659371.html

Anger as Boris Johnson's Tory racism inquiry yet to start eight months after he launched it
Exclusive: No call for evidence issued – three months after it was promised – risking action by equalities watchdog which has threatened its own probe

Rob Merrick
Deputy Political Editor
@Rob_Merrick
Saturday 08 August 2020 15:55
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 09:32:08 AM
But that is not very many complaints, and does not justify the media/press hysteria that Labour has a big problem with anti-Semitism and there is nothing in the EHRC reports that states it has.

I am not hysterical. My response is that the Labour Party have utterly failed in its responsibilities towards anti-Semitic behaviour. If you disagree and think that they've done enough, then we are at an impasse.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 09:30:50 AM
Please quote the section of the EHCR report that states complaints were exaggerated?

Given the few complaints it does not need to, the exaggeration was/is from the media/press and nowhere in the report is it stated Labour is institutionally anti-semitic. So the thread header should be edited because it is false.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nalaar on October 30, 2020, 09:09:45 AM
I have read the document, and found its contents to be appalling.

Of the 70 sample cases they reviewed:
2 are clear-cut unlawful by the Labour Party,
a further 18 are "boarderline" unlawful because the full context of the situation was not able to be established. (Speaking of not being able to establish context - a staggering 62 of 70 complaints investigated had documents missing!).

But that is not very many complaints, and does not justify the media/press hysteria that Labour has a big problem with anti-Semitism and there is nothing in the EHRC reports that states it has.

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:57:29 PM
It appears Starmer has not read the report in full either, the fact that complaints were exaggerated is recorded in the EHRC report.

Please quote the section of the EHCR report that states complaints were exaggerated?

Quote from: papasmurfI knew the widespread anti-Semitism in the Labour party was bullshine the first time it appeared.

The denial of anti-semitism is a key factor in the Labour party's failure to deal with anti-semitism. 

Nalaar

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 06:47:43 AMHave you actually read the report, ALL of it.  It is a good report it is just the shame people and the press are gobbing off without actually reading it.

I have read the document, and found its contents to be appalling.

Of the 70 sample cases they reviewed:
2 are clear-cut unlawful by the Labour Party,
a further 18 are "boarderline" unlawful because the full context of the situation was not able to be established. (Speaking of not being able to establish context - a staggering 62 of 70 complaints investigated had documents missing!).
Many more of the complaints reviewed were from members of the Labour Party who do not have a role in it, and so the Labour Party has no legal responsibility for, these complaints included - support for Hitler or the Nazis, compared Israelis to Hitler or the Nazis, described a 'witch hunt' in the Labour Party, or said that complaints had been manufactured by the 'Israel lobby', referenced conspiracies about the Rothschilds and Jewish power and control over financial or other institutions, blamed Jewish people for the 'antisemitism crisis' in the Labour Party, diminished the scale or significance of the Holocaust, accused British Jews of greater loyalty to Israel than Britain.

Also very concerning was the interference from the Leader of the Opposition Office, this interference in cases is unlawful, and highly unethical. Of the 70 cases they examined 23 had some form of political interference.

The only good that can be found in this report is the hope that it will cause the Labour Party to change its ways, as its current form is shameful.

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on October 30, 2020, 08:02:41 AM
I have searched the entire ERHC report, nowhere in it is there a finding that Labour is institutionally anti-Semitic.
Could thread header be edited please.

So not content with bandying about your usual threats of legal action , you now want the mods to censor a thread title ?

You really are a pathetic specimen arent you?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

I have searched the entire ERHC report, nowhere in it is there a finding that Labour is institutionally anti-Semitic.
Could thread header be edited please.

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on October 30, 2020, 05:59:23 AM
Another of your regular excuses trotted out to justify the nonsense you present,how many times have we heard this funnily enough they never do,Berger has accused him let's see if that gets to court.

How many times indeed. Remember the time pappy threatened major sinic with legal action before promptly being banned from the old forum?

Pappy will never make a labour party spin doctor with all the whining , bleating and pathetic excuses he trots out on a regular basis.

Thomas

Quote from: patman post on October 29, 2020, 09:07:43 PM
Irrelevant.
You mistakenly linked a comment that clearly was about Israel to Russia....

It is a worry pat. You really are so "viscous"....i was only having a wee "oak " with smurf while you were posting sexual innuendo comments to toots you monster.

Why is a guy who strides abour hackney with a scandinavian supermodel on his arm feel the need to make sexually explicit comments to toots , the lady of the forum? :)

Are you still upset with me having made a tit of yourself the other day over your peees and qews?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on October 30, 2020, 05:59:23 AM

I think there are people on here who disapprove of the Israeli govts treatment of the Palestinians,but that's a govt not a people and Corbyn has overseen a party where attacks  on ndividual Jews have gone unchecked and certainly weren't halted.

Have you actually read the report, ALL of it.  It is a good report it is just the shame people and the press are gobbing off without actually reading it.

Parts of it apply to ALL political parties, as for Labour the number cases found was miniscule in relation to the potential numbers 0.3%.

I suspect that is lower than the the general population, and I await a future EHRC investigation into the Tory party with interest, as they appear reluctant to put their own house in order.

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/investigation-into-antisemitism-in-the-labour-party.pdf

Under the Equality Act 2010, the Labour Party must not discriminate against,
harass or victimise its members, associates, guests, or those wanting to become
members, on the basis of a number of protected characteristics, including race
and religion (although religion does not apply to harassment in this context).
This duty applies to all political parties, across England, Scotland and Wales, that
have more than 25 members and regulate their admission to membership by
rules and a selection process.
The relationship between a political party and its existing and prospective
members is crucial to the effectiveness of democracy.
Leaders and representatives of political parties should uphold and defend their
right to speak freely, but they also have a responsibility to conduct debate
responsibly, and to lead others in doing so. They should create an environment
where discrimination, harassment and victimisation is not tolerated, so that all
party members feel valued and respected regardless of their race or religion

Prevalence of antisemitic conduct in the complaint sample
As we explain above, we found that the Labour Party is legally responsible for
the harassment evidenced in two of the 70 complaint files.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 08:53:42 PM
If anyone accuses Corbyn of being anti-Semitic  and it gets into court the accuser will need very deep pockets
There is more than enough evidence in Hansard over the time Corbyn has been and MP plus his voting record to blow such accusations out of the water.
It is a pity the right wing press didn't check first before they started the hate campaign against Corbyn.
Another of your regular excuses trotted out to justify the nonsense you present,how many times have we heard this
Quoteand it gets into court the accuser will need very deep pockets
funnily enough they never do,Berger has accused him let's see if that gets to court.

I think there are people on here who disapprove of the Israeli govts treatment of the Palestinians,but that's a govt not a people and Corbyn has overseen a party where attacks  on individual Jews have gone unchecked and certainly weren't halted.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on October 29, 2020, 01:07:58 PM
I suggest people real the real report and not the media/press spin on it which is frankly disgraceful:-

https://www.equalityhumanrights.com/sites/default/files/investigation-into-antisemitism-in-the-labour-party.pdf
You needn't have worried — Corbynista attack dogs had already begun their hatchet job on the EHRC when the report was held back...
https://labourheartlands.com/chris-williamson-unmasking-the-ehrc/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...