Is it me or is the site a bit fucked today?

Started by Borchester, October 31, 2020, 02:55:15 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Well, you know the first thing us IT gurus say is 'have you turned it off and back on again'

Well bugger me ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

I don't doubt you're correct — but the last time I fiddled with settings I lost all contact with here. When I got back, I resolved not to get involved with altering anything. But  because I felt the idea was being deliberately misunderstood, I did manage to alter my signature...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Forum admin

There appears to have been an update which makes showing the last post first the default. In fact, if you are not logged in, that is the default.

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 31, 2020, 03:39:46 PM
I thought I was too, toots.

I clicked save - and stuff all happenned

So I closed the browser, reloaded,. saved - and this time I got a freen "your choices have been saved" or some such

And then it stopped showing me the "number of items read since your last visit" etc links at the top of the screen.

Don't ask me to bail you out - I'm hopeless. Windows updated overnight and presented me with a whole new look overall that I hated. It's taken most of the morning to get it so I recognise it again.  :-[

johnofgwent

I thought I was too, toots.

I clicked save - and stuff all happenned

So I closed the browser, reloaded,. saved - and this time I got a freen "your choices have been saved" or some such

And then it stopped showing me the "number of items read since your last visit" etc links at the top of the screen.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: johnofgwent on October 31, 2020, 03:17:41 PM
OK

When you say "Settings And Uncross the Box" ...

What settings, what box ?

EDIT: if you meant "go to the home page, highlight your username at the bottom of the page and "open in a new tab" then in the tab that says MODIFY PROFILE choose LOOK AND LAYOUT ant then CLEAR the tickbox that says "shw most recent first" ...

tried that, it ignored me ...

I thought you were the Forum boffin!  ;D Did you think to save your action?

Modify Profile
Look and layout
Untick Show most recent posts at top

SAVE!!!!!

johnofgwent

Oh FFS. Now it applied what I did and I have lost the "most recent unread" etc links

Bloody web developers and thei rupdates

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 31, 2020, 03:07:52 PM
Pardon? Can you rephrase that? It's Halo'een by the way - it's effecting everything.

Oh has it gone upside down? Lots of us have had the same problem. Settings and uncross the box!

OK

When you say "Settings And Uncross the Box" ...

What settings, what box ?

EDIT: if you meant "go to the home page, highlight your username at the bottom of the page and "open in a new tab" then in the tab that says MODIFY PROFILE choose LOOK AND LAYOUT ant then CLEAR the tickbox that says "shw most recent first" ...

tried that, it ignored me ...

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on October 31, 2020, 03:07:52 PM
Pardon? Can you rephrase that? It's Halo'een by the way - it's effecting everything.

Oh has it gone upside down? Lots of us have had the same problem. Settings and uncross the box!

ok thank ***k for that, i just replied to patman's connery thread, saw my reply at the top and thought i'd hit modify not reply

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on October 31, 2020, 02:55:15 PM
I am looking at the Today's post on this thread and it is something posted days ago.

Borchester

I am looking at the Today's post on this thread and it is something posted days ago.
Algerie Francais !