LOCKDOWN 2 - the November experience

Started by Barry, October 31, 2020, 08:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

No more lockdowns petition, because, if you didn't notice the November one has not yet ended.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/561995
How about treating us like adults.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 09, 2020, 12:19:33 PM
I think we might be in an abusive relationship...

you know Barry we might make a populist of you yet. We were thinking nobody had noticed.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Barry

I think we might be in an abusive relationship...

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 08, 2020, 02:45:07 PM
Not a fan of Peston, but he seems to have come up with something very significant here:
Seems we were duped into the lockdown based on false figures.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-08/covid-did-boris-johnson-order-englands-coronavirus-lockdown-based-on-false-data
well, if you cannot have a good old virus session in the winter, just when can you have one then? Roll out the vaccine I say think of the profits. But smurfy might turn green and bits drop off, so?
written in his contract, no comebacks and no guarantees.

Barry

Not a fan of Peston, but he seems to have come up with something very significant here:
Seems we were duped into the lockdown based on false figures.
https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-08/covid-did-boris-johnson-order-englands-coronavirus-lockdown-based-on-false-data
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 08:05:22 PM
So I guess the only way forward for me is hibernation until the all clear sounds!

hopefully toots in all seriousness they will get this vaccine rolled out soon.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 07:46:49 PM
Well the problem is what actually is the truth of the matter? The local chinese whispers or the official government propaganda?

I know plenty folk that work at the local hospitals , from doctors to nurses , to admin staff and shop workers.

Ask any single one how things are and you will get thirty different responses ranging from being overwhelmed to what covid?

Just because they are doctors and nurses doesnt mean they are the oracles of truth and knowledge.Next door neighbours daughter is a cancer ward nurse who assures us the local hospital is being overrun with covid patients , a doctor we know shrugs and tells us they are no busier than normal.

People believe what they want to believe.

So I guess the only way forward for me is hibernation until the all clear sounds!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 07:33:02 PM
But isn't that the problem?  My local info is that our hospital is struggling but officially it isn't. Equally we are told that other areas are struggling officially but locally that's denied. I agree that there is media hysteria but it is fed by muddy information that seems to change every day depending on the question.

Well the problem is what actually is the truth of the matter? The local chinese whispers or the official government propaganda?

I know plenty folk that work at the local hospitals , from doctors to nurses , to admin staff and shop workers.

Ask any single one how things are and you will get thirty different responses ranging from being overwhelmed to what covid?

Just because they are doctors and nurses doesnt mean they are the oracles of truth and knowledge.Next door neighbours daughter is a cancer ward nurse who assures us the local hospital is being overrun with covid patients , a doctor we know shrugs and tells us they are no busier than normal.

People believe what they want to believe.

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas on November 30, 2020, 07:06:52 PM
Well aye toots the hospitals may very well be busy when they have people in them like this poor woman wrongly diagnosed as being a covid patient .....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/womans-disease-attacked-inside-out-23045389

The hospitals are on the verge of being overrun and collapsing every single year as far back as i can rmember.

Whats actually different this year outside of all the media hysteria?

But isn't that the problem?  My local info is that our hospital is struggling but officially it isn't. Equally we are told that other areas are struggling officially but locally that's denied. I agree that there is media hysteria but it is fed by muddy information that seems to change every day depending on the question.

There is no doubt in my own mind that Covid is a threat to me. Even my faithful window cleaner has lost 6 customers to it locally. I have rather given up believing both the official view and the pundits. Sky news is reporting as I type that covid is once again under control - but that is a fleeting situation I fear.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 06:47:01 PM
The dear old Daily Fail has put an interactive 'find  out how busy your local hospital is with Covid'  (it doesn't work by the way) but pronounces with great authority that only 4 hospitals in England are as busy as they were a year ago.

My local hospital has just had to open further accommodation for covid patients and call up 100 more staff. Word of mouth it's true but only 2nd hand from a covid nurse actually working there. We are currently in level 2.

Well aye toots the hospitals may very well be busy when they have people in them like this poor woman wrongly diagnosed as being a covid patient .....

QuoteWoman's disease which 'attacked her from inside out' wrongly treated as Covid

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/womans-disease-attacked-inside-out-23045389

The hospitals are on the verge of being overrun and collapsing every single year as far back as i can rmember.

Whats actually different this year outside of all the media hysteria?

T00ts

The dear old Daily Fail has put an interactive 'find  out how busy your local hospital is with Covid'  (it doesn't work by the way) but pronounces with great authority that only 4 hospitals in England are as busy as they were a year ago.

My local hospital has just had to open further accommodation for covid patients and call up 100 more staff. Word of mouth it's true but only 2nd hand from a covid nurse actually working there. We are currently in level 2.

Barry

This is the rushed impact assessment. This is supposed to sway 100 MPs to support more lockdowns.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/939876/Analysis_of_the_health_economic_and_social_effects_of_COVID-19_and_the_approach_to_tiering_FINAL__SofS_.pdf
Oh, they love their restrictions. I wonder when they will ever be gone.
We might economically recover after 1 year (best), or 4 years (worst) and most of the country will be living in a big asylum on the IOW, but who cares?
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 12:49:54 PM
If I live to three score and ten then I have 5% of my life left and I am not going to be restricted by government lockdowns for the rest of it.
Well, what could possibly go wrong, get rid if the older generation, problem solved, feck it, they have had a good run anyway, with their silly ideas of freedom and building better lives for themselves. Stupid people.

Barry

If I live to three score and ten then I have 5% of my life left and I am not going to be restricted by government lockdowns for the rest of it.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 30, 2020, 10:24:57 AM

Well no pubs will mean less tourists so you should be happy

The pubs closed not because of a lack of tourists but because of a lack of tourists with the money to spend in a pub. (Or anywhere else for that matter.)

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe