LOCKDOWN 2 - the November experience

Started by Barry, October 31, 2020, 08:00:06 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on January 02, 2021, 05:49:40 PM
We're still locked down in Tier 4.
If you use this tool and enter your postcode you will see how deadly the coronavirus has been in your area:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12
Where I live it is 2 people out of about 7000 population.
They were both in April. Nothing since then.

We are living in lockdown for that.
here of course moira, jennifer and i are immune and under house arrest
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

If you use this tool and enter your postcode you will see how deadly the coronavirus has been in your area:
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/causesofdeath/articles/deathsinvolvingcovid19interactivemap/2020-06-12

How many lockdowns now?
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/covid-19-national-lockdown-must-153200293.html
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

barry , i like the quotes in this article from one of the founding fathers of the USA , benjamin franklin.

'those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety'.

Admittedly, the relationship between freedom and safety has often been fraught. In numerous instances, the very human impulse to achieve safety was used by the powers-that-be as an excuse to limit the exercise of freedom. This point was recognised by Alexander Hamilton, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States. 'Safety from external danger is the most powerful director of national conduct', he wrote in November 1787. And he warned that 'even the ardent love of liberty will, after a time, give way to its dictates', which will 'compel nations' to 'destroy their civil and political rights'. Rather fatalistically, Hamilton even suggested that 'to be more safe, they at length become willing to run the risk of being less free'. Another Founding Father, Benjamin Franklin, famously countered that 'those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety'.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/12/25/towards-a-fearless-future/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 02:39:11 PM
Because there was no room for them in the inn and Pappy had said feck off you hippie bastards, what do you think this is, Christmas !

Mod edit

Other people told them to feck off, they should not have been here anyway.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 02:24:46 PM

Christmas eve a hippy bus full turned up looking for a camp site.

Because there was no room for them in the inn and Pappy had said feck off you hippie bastards, what do you think this is, Christmas !

Mod edit
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 02:24:46 PM
That does not apply locally to the potential plague carriers, still coming here when they should not be.
Who knows, maybe even those old hippies have worked out we have been sold a right pup, there is zero evidence that lockdowns and masks have worked, unless of course you would rather believe Chinese propaganda then all is rosy.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 17, 2020, 03:03:14 PM
I assert no such thing, but I have been out, on the roads, on the trains and in lots of shops where everyone is wearing masks, using sanitizer, and making space as if we all have the plague.

That does not apply locally to the potential plague carriers, still coming here when they should not be.

Barry

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9088271/DR-JOHN-LEE-Free-futile-cycle-Covid-contagion-control.html
Not all scientists agree with Ferguson and Whitty.

QuoteLockdowns cannot eradicate the disease or protect the public. Indeed, Matt Hancock nearly said as much this week. They lead to only economic meltdown, social despair and direct harms to health from other causes.

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 17, 2020, 02:53:38 PM
Unless you assert all the filming and reporting of people in large numbers breaking the rules is propaganda.
I assert no such thing, but I have been out, on the roads, on the trains and in lots of shops where everyone is wearing masks, using sanitizer, and making space as if we all have the plague.
Like I say, the measures don't work, ask Macron and Sanchez.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 17, 2020, 02:47:50 PM
I don't see anyone breaking the rules when I am out and about. In fact their is huge compliance.

I am afraid your personal experience is not reflected nationally.  Unless you assert all the filming and reporting of people in large numbers breaking the rules is propaganda.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on December 17, 2020, 02:47:50 PM
I don't see anyone breaking the rules when I am out and about. In fact their is huge compliance.

True, but whatever you do the Pappys of this world will always demand more.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on December 17, 2020, 01:45:09 PM
Because so many are breaking the rules. 
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 17, 2020, 01:35:54 PM
This November lockdown is really lasting a long time. It is not working.

Because so many are breaking the rules.  I blame Dominic Cummings.

Barry

This November lockdown is really lasting a long time. It is not working.

Matt Hancock has announced the following places will enter Tier 3:

Bedfordshire
Buckinghamshire
Berkshire
Peterborough
Hertfordshire
Surrey (except Waverley)
Hastings and Rother
Portsmouth
Gosport
Havant
Areas going down a tier: