"stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives".

Started by Borchester, November 01, 2020, 02:23:37 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on November 22, 2020, 04:19:59 PM
Just had a text (Sunday afternoon!) from my GP practice, telling me that because the phone lines are busy, please book appointments via the app.
I went to the app and checked and it says there are no appointments available.
This is the NHS way of telling us they are open for business. They are not.

They are finally (round here) beginning to admit they have allowed cancer sufferers to die rather than treat them ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Just had a text (Sunday afternoon!) from my GP practice, telling me that because the phone lines are busy, please book appointments via the app.
I went to the app and checked and it says there are no appointments available.
This is the NHS way of telling us they are open for business. They are not.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 07, 2020, 07:41:45 PM
I have been thinking on this matter and reckon there might be a way for us to make a few bob out of it.

The Chinese flu has laid up a few folk (all sympathy to Streetwalker), but the fatalities have been pretty well nominal. And most of those who turned their toes up weren't exactly in the springtime of their lives. Even so, the nation has gone into lockdown and sacrificed jobs and their social lives for the sake of a few cotton tops who won't be around for long anyway and certainly aren't showing much in the way of thanks.

So I suggest a book entitled "Covid 19: The Year of Kindness"

It is my idea and plot but even so, I will settle for a mere 10% of the royalties

I am very grateful!

Borchester

I have been thinking on this matter and reckon there might be a way for us to make a few bob out of it.

The Chinese flu has laid up a few folk (all sympathy to Streetwalker), but the fatalities have been pretty well nominal. And most of those who turned their toes up weren't exactly in the springtime of their lives. Even so, the nation has gone into lockdown and sacrificed jobs and their social lives for the sake of a few cotton tops who won't be around for long anyway and certainly aren't showing much in the way of thanks.

So I suggest a book entitled "Covid 19: The Year of Kindness"

It is my idea and plot but even so, I will settle for a mere 10% of the royalties
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

I went along the seafront on my bike ducky, and along the bypass, the Seafront was packed with people isolating and the bypass was busy as hell.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Talk about people being scared of their own shadows  ::)

HDQQ

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 01, 2020, 04:17:22 PM
They are changing it this time to more reflect the reality

"stay in bed, feck jobs, shaft the economy"

Thats it folks

Signed - Shrek, Mr Potato Head and Dr Bob off the Muppetts

The fact is the economy will be even more shafted if covid-19 is allowed to drag on and on unchecked. It's not just the death toll, but the number of people who will be ill and unable to work. Some of those people won't be well enough to work for months, if they have 'long covid'.  If there's an average of a half a million people of working age off work with long covid throughout next year, that's a lot worse than a few pubs and restaurants going bust.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 07, 2020, 11:01:33 AM
The good old days? Were those the ones before we got government by "random panic event" and a society increasingly afraid of its own shadow?

Observed fact #37) Crossing the road is dangerous. Answer - ban crossing the road

On the subject of crossing, and just out of idle observation (well, I didn't have much choice), I noticed the time delay on the barriers of our local level crossing is steadily increasing, to the point that they now come down about 3 weeks before the train is due. Its "risk aversion" taken to the level of the absurd

I think I'm slowly going mad
Nah, you will be fine, just think of the consequences if you end up like one or two of the posters here. Did you count the seconds the crossing stayed closed and could you do a flow chart?

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 04, 2020, 05:44:42 PM
Don't see any problems for everyday contact with NHS
Just received following SMS from GP:

Dear XX & XXX XXXXXXXX
This is to let you know that XXXX XXXX Practice still open in spite of the current lockdown. Pease do contact the surgery if you need to, we are offering telephone and video appointments as well as face to face appointments. You can also get a response within 2 works days from your GP by using Online Consult, via our website at https://xxxx xxxx.nhs.uk/ Thank You

Lucky the Nightingale Hospitals were installed to cater for the extra strain Covid is putting on the NHS...

36 people at peak, what a strain relief that must have been.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Sheepy on November 05, 2020, 09:54:51 AMIn the good old days...

The good old days? Were those the ones before we got government by "random panic event" and a society increasingly afraid of its own shadow?

Observed fact #37) Crossing the road is dangerous. Answer - ban crossing the road

On the subject of crossing, and just out of idle observation (well, I didn't have much choice), I noticed the time delay on the barriers of our local level crossing is steadily increasing, to the point that they now come down about 3 weeks before the train is due. Its "risk aversion" taken to the level of the absurd

I think I'm slowly going mad

Sheepy

In the good old days it was called extortion and blackmail with menaces, now it is called save the NHS. 

Sheepy

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 01, 2020, 07:41:38 AM
How will we fund the NHS if no one is paying the tax that it sucks from us ?
The Government of course, but wait, the government doesn't have any money, so it will borrow it or print it, until such time you accept debt slavery and austerity will last for at least a thousand years. But you will have saved the NHS.

Nalaar

My area hospital is running at 113% capacity as of tonight, staying safe to stay out of the hospital is good for us, and the NHS.
Don't believe everything you think.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on November 04, 2020, 05:44:42 PM

Lucky the Nightingale Hospitals were installed to cater for the extra strain Covid is putting on the NHS...

If the staff can be found to staff them.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Don't see any problems for everyday contact with NHS
Just received following SMS from GP:

Dear XX & XXX XXXXXXXX
This is to let you know that XXXX XXXX Practice still open in spite of the current lockdown. Pease do contact the surgery if you need to, we are offering telephone and video appointments as well as face to face appointments. You can also get a response within 2 works days from your GP by using Online Consult, via our website at https://xxxx xxxx.nhs.uk/ Thank You

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...