So what are you guys doing on bonfire night?

Started by Borchester, November 05, 2020, 01:06:59 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2020, 02:08:15 PM
Until someone gets maimed or killed.
Quite!
Used up aerosols of fly killer, Pledge, her hairspray, etc, make just as much noise and are only about 50% as lethal...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on November 05, 2020, 02:08:15 PM

We know that, can't you ever see a joke? Isn't life miserable enough without us having a chance to giggle? No-one would be daft enough to set light to a gas cylinder not even Borchester. Please try to see a bright side of life sometimes.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on November 05, 2020, 12:17:44 PM
Those camping gas cylinders sound a real hoot!  ;D

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Those camping gas cylinders sound a real hoot!  ;D
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

cromwell

;) :)
Quote from: T00ts on November 05, 2020, 11:23:37 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D Is your name on a wanted list somewhere?

Aye Bryant & May I reckon,they have a match ;) :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from:  link=topic=2163.msg45018#msg45018 date=
I see your point Toots, but here in London the police helicopters actually chase them. And now that Plod has given up on chasing criminals they need something to do. :)

;D ;D ;D ;D Is your name on a wanted list somewhere?

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 05, 2020, 10:42:29 AM
Are those the ones you light and send into the air? If so please don't. They do awful things to wildlife and even domesticated  livestock. Quite apart from the poor folk who look skyward and fear invasion from other planets.

I see your point Toots, but here in London the police helicopters actually chase them. And now that Plod has given up on chasing criminals they need something to do. :)
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Quote from: Borchester on November 05, 2020, 10:31:27 AM
Good idea Toots.

To be honest I am too old to take things quietly. I am wondering if I should schlepp up to Edgware and get a few Chinese lanterns?

Are those the ones you light and send into the air? If so please don't. They do awful things to wildlife and even domesticated  livestock. Quite apart from the poor folk who look skyward and fear invasion from other planets.

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 05, 2020, 08:44:53 AM
Being peace loving I shall quietly enjoy a jacket potato, sausage and hot chocolate and watch everyone else's fireworks rather like I have done every dry evening for the last couple of weeks. I think tonight's show will be spectacular!

Good idea Toots.

To be honest I am too old to take things quietly. I am wondering if I should schlepp up to Edgware and get a few Chinese lanterns?
Algerie Francais !

T00ts

Being peace loving I shall quietly enjoy a jacket potato, sausage and hot chocolate and watch everyone else's fireworks rather like I have done every dry evening for the last couple of weeks. I think tonight's show will be spectacular!

johnofgwent

Abducting and burning the first minister alive.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 05, 2020, 01:06:59 AM
I still have about 30 yards of fencing to burn and half a shed, so that is the bonfire taken care of. And I have saved up a score or so of empty camping gas cylinders by way of bangers. And maybe we could stick a guy representing Mr Miseryguts Johnson on the fire.

But other than that, I reckon this year will be pretty quiet.

How about you guys?

Nothing, and I hope anyone intending to use fireworks locally tells all the dog owners beforehand.  Halloween sounded like an artillery barrage before an attack.
(Usually there is a large organised firework display locally a long way away from habitation. That won't be happening this year.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

I still have about 30 yards of fencing to burn and half a shed, so that is the bonfire taken care of. And I have saved up a score or so of empty camping gas cylinders by way of bangers. And maybe we could stick a guy representing Mr Miseryguts Johnson on the fire.

But other than that, I reckon this year will be pretty quiet.

How about you guys?
Algerie Francais !