Concession Speech.

Started by Nick, November 07, 2020, 03:13:11 AM

« previous - next »

Nalaar

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2020, 10:40:03 AM
One of them stopped counting and started again 24hrs later. What's that all about?

Which state?
Don't believe everything you think.

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on November 08, 2020, 10:40:03 AM
One of them stopped counting and started again 24hrs later. What's that all about?
It's called the Diane Abbott effect  :)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on November 08, 2020, 10:36:06 AM
Good post Thomas,as you point out Trump has interfered rhe least and likewise wasn't warlike,on the old forum Steve bet that he would go to war (probably) nuclear and ruin the world,if he reads this I expect him to honour his part and donate to a worthy cause (not the Labour Party ;))

If Trump hadn't been in other areas such a pillock he might be doing a second term,still he's gone.

Re your point about Biden (I'm Irish) so what,but you're not you're a Yank,that's one of the things with Yankland,African American,Irish American,they might be be a lot better if they concentrated on being yanks.

Got Irish and Scottish in the family the OH has Welsh,don't describe ourselves as Irish,Scottish,Welsh/English
I expect our Irish friend to be along shortly with said crow.

i agree cromwell.

The thing is america  , or more properly the USA , is a modern country with little of the history we have.

Remember learning about it in modern studies at school and how it was the melting pot of the world , hence why you get the daftness of irish american , scottish american , things like tartan day or the cultural appropriation of halloween now being seen as american rather than scottish or irish.

Doesnt matter to a greater degree who your ancestors were. I probably have more irish blood in me than half the folk in ireland , im 100 % scottish  , because nationality is a mindset , as i have said before.

Scotland goes back as a nation to the ninth century , america goes back a couple hundred years and the white/black americans cant claim to be indigenous so maybe this is why they big up their migrant status and where they came from . ?

Theres no doubt though cromwell the irish lobby as we both know are a powerfull force in yank politics.

...and as i said , i believe biden will interfere in brexit and scot indy as he wants a return to the status quo pre 2016 , and the western world united as it stood back then focusing on russia and china as the enemy.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: patman post on November 07, 2020, 07:45:00 PM
Different states have different rules, apparently. Some can start counting postal votes as they arrive. Others only start counting them after the polling day votes are counted. And others also allow votes that arrive after polling day if postmarked before polls are closed.
All a bit confusing — but it adds to the entertainment value...
https://ballotpedia.org/Why_do_states_have_different_election_rules%3F_(2020)

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on November 08, 2020, 08:23:35 AM
Good explanation , but i agree with sampans point that had the situation been similar in russia , we can see how the western media would have been screaming about foul play.

...because its biden in america , its nothing to see here move along.

Theres a whole host of things i have been uncomfortable about regarding this yank election. First and foremost , even on things like facebook , where i have family friends and acquantances in many countires , its amazing how this american election is being discussed. You can really see how the yanks are leading the western world.

The idea as well in certain quarters that biden and the democrats are some holier than thou political group who are going to solve the problems of the american people and wider world is yet again fantasy.

I doubt much will change for the american people........just another false dawn......but i do think we will see business as usual regarding foreign affairs and american interference  around the world.Of the last five yank presidents trump has been the least foreign policy consumed and warlike.

Last thing i will say is about twitter and how uncomfortable i found this organisation "censoring and managing" trumps tweets.

I see also a lot of irish nationalists are crowing about biden being elected and especially how they hope biden will put the boot into the full english brexit?

See this clip from january is doing the rounds...
https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1325146584284323841

auntie and the british wont like that!

Good post Thomas,as you point out Trump has interfered rhe least and likewise wasn't warlike,on the old forum Steve bet that he would go to war (probably) nuclear and ruin the world,if he reads this I expect him to honour his part and donate to a worthy cause (not the Labour Party ;))

If Trump hadn't been in other areas such a pillock he might be doing a second term,still he's gone.

Re your point about Biden (I'm Irish) so what,but you're not you're a Yank,that's one of the things with Yankland,African American,Irish American,they might be be a lot better if they concentrated on being yanks.

Got Irish and Scottish in the family the OH has Welsh,don't describe ourselves as Irish,Scottish,Welsh/English
I expect our Irish friend to be along shortly with said crow.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Thomas

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 08, 2020, 09:27:08 AM
The postal vote is open to manipulation ,fraud or whatever you want to call it  and  by  allowing postal voting you are saying you are prepared to accept a certain degree of underhand practice . 
If you dont like it dont allow it , its that simple . Trump needs to grow up make the phone call and work on his golf swing .

Trump has gone and its pointless focusing further on him. I expect  , despite all the posturing , for him to go out with a whimper.

The focus is now on Biden , and his effect on the uk going forward.

I think your man farage might just see a political opportunity arising in the shape of johnson arse licking with the new president elect over brexit.

What is it you always say....never trust a tory?

Whatever the tory plans were for the future have just had the wind taken out their sails.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 07, 2020, 07:22:40 PM
Yes I have heard the say thing. Which simply begs the question why has this only effected a handful of states after all the others have "projected" days earlier. Did Florida or Texas have no postal votes to be added to the tally after the invigilated vote count? The fact that none of the states that have projected late due to Postal votes have ended going to Trump is curious to say the least, that no state that was won by Trump had its count delayed by days due to counting postal votes is a marked difference, which is very curious. The lack of reflection in the other Congressional and Senate races, is curious as well.

I can fully understand that the establishment (rather than simply just the Democrat Party) of the US would want rid of Trump and that many would argue that end justifies means. It is not however, the way that Democracy is supposed to work.

Like I said earlier maybe its all just quirky coincidence and everything is above board. It does however look funny. Faith in Democracy will take a hammering from this, especially as the legal actions begin to work their way through the courts.

The postal vote is open to manipulation ,fraud or whatever you want to call it  and  by  allowing postal voting you are saying you are prepared to accept a certain degree of underhand practice . 
If you dont like it dont allow it , its that simple . Trump needs to grow up make the phone call and work on his golf swing .

Thomas

I see Biden is also opposed to the americans having the free universal healthcare system that sanders was initially proposing to replace the current american healthcare system.

QuoteBiden says coronavirus' impact on health system hasn't changed his mind on single-payer

Former Vice President Joe Biden said Monday that he was not reconsidering his opposition to single-payer health care despite the strain that the coronavirus pandemic has put on the existing health-care system.

"Single-payer will not solve that at all," Biden said during an interview on MSNBC

The fight over health care and coronavirus dominated the last Democratic debate, held earlier in March. Sanders said that the U.S. lacked a "system that is prepared to provide health care to all people," a weakness that the virus revealed and exploited.

Biden countered that Italy, among the hardest-hit nations, does have single-payer and is still struggling.

Biden said even if the house and senate both supported free healthcare , he would veto it...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/30/biden-says-coronavirus-hasnt-changed-his-mind-on-single-payer.html

Bet that upsets the virtue signalling  lefties who think biden is going to save the world after trump.

Thomas

Quote from: Nalaar on November 07, 2020, 10:01:01 PM
This was a foreseeable and avoidable event - Even as late as 2 weeks ago Pennsylvania tried to amend their regular voting process to allow for Mail-ins to be counted early because they saw how many ballots were being mailed however their (Republican) state congress denied any early counting.

Good explanation , but i agree with sampans point that had the situation been similar in russia , we can see how the western media would have been screaming about foul play.

...because its biden in america , its nothing to see here move along.

Theres a whole host of things i have been uncomfortable about regarding this yank election. First and foremost , even on things like facebook , where i have family friends and acquantances in many countires , its amazing how this american election is being discussed. You can really see how the yanks are leading the western world.

The idea as well in certain quarters that biden and the democrats are some holier than thou political group who are going to solve the problems of the american people and wider world is yet again fantasy.

I doubt much will change for the american people........just another false dawn......but i do think we will see business as usual regarding foreign affairs and american interference  around the world.Of the last five yank presidents trump has been the least foreign policy consumed and warlike.

Last thing i will say is about twitter and how uncomfortable i found this organisation "censoring and managing" trumps tweets.

I see also a lot of irish nationalists are crowing about biden being elected and especially how they hope biden will put the boot into the full english brexit?

See this clip from january is doing the rounds...

Darran Marshall
@DarranMarshall

The moment when @NickBryantNY
asked @JoeBiden
for a quick word.

He replied with a smile, "The BBC? I'm Irish." 
https://twitter.com/DarranMarshall/status/1325146584284323841

auntie and the british wont like that!

Nalaar

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 07, 2020, 07:22:40 PMYes I have heard the say thing. Which simply begs the question why has this only effected a handful of states after all the others have "projected" days earlier. Did Florida or Texas have no postal votes to be added to the tally after the invigilated vote count? The fact that none of the states that have projected late due to Postal votes have ended going to Trump is curious to say the least, that no state that was won by Trump had its count delayed by days due to counting postal votes is a marked difference, which is very curious. The lack of reflection in the other Congressional and Senate races, is curious as well.

This was a foreseeable and avoidable event - Even as late as 2 weeks ago Pennsylvania tried to amend their regular voting process to allow for Mail-ins to be counted early because they saw how many ballots were being mailed however their (Republican) state congress denied any early counting.

Most other states were allowed to have some sort of provision in place (i'm sure you can guess the ones that didn't)

Isaac Saul is running a Hoax busting Mega-Thread here - https://twitter.com/Ike_Saul/status/1324435797374808066

A few tweets of it cover this issue -

facebook logo copy
Don't believe everything you think.

patman post

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 07, 2020, 07:22:40 PMYes I have heard the say thing. Which simply begs the question why has this only effected a handful of states after all the others have "projected" days earlier. Did Florida or Texas have no postal votes to be added to the tally after the invigilated vote count?
Different states have different rules, apparently. Some can start counting postal votes as they arrive. Others only start counting them after the polling day votes are counted. And others also allow votes that arrive after polling day if postmarked before polls are closed.
All a bit confusing — but it adds to the entertainment value...
https://ballotpedia.org/Why_do_states_have_different_election_rules%3F_(2020)
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: T00ts on November 07, 2020, 06:44:01 PM
I heard a discussion on this subject and it was said that Biden encouraged his supporters to vote by mail. while Trump wanted them to vote on the day in person. Thus the mail votes were counted after the personal votes and thus the late rise in Democratic support. They seemed to think that this was predicted before polling day and turned out to be what happened.

Yes I have heard the say thing. Which simply begs the question why has this only effected a handful of states after all the others have "projected" days earlier. Did Florida or Texas have no postal votes to be added to the tally after the invigilated vote count? The fact that none of the states that have projected late due to Postal votes have ended going to Trump is curious to say the least, that no state that was won by Trump had its count delayed by days due to counting postal votes is a marked difference, which is very curious. The lack of reflection in the other Congressional and Senate races, is curious as well.

I can fully understand that the establishment (rather than simply just the Democrat Party) of the US would want rid of Trump and that many would argue that end justifies means. It is not however, the way that Democracy is supposed to work.

Like I said earlier maybe its all just quirky coincidence and everything is above board. It does however look funny. Faith in Democracy will take a hammering from this, especially as the legal actions begin to work their way through the courts.

T00ts

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 07, 2020, 06:22:37 PM
To be honest, something about this result does not look or sound right.
Trump was doing very well through the first night of the results and Biden was not making major inroads and taking any target states.
Not only that, but the Democrats were not making any inroads in the Congressional or Senate Votes either.

Then suddenly, just as it seemed Trump was lined up to take the final states he needed, the speed of counting seems to stop dead and large numbers of other votes, from a poorly invigilated source, start being added, which massively favour Biden and give him the Presidency.

Now it may all be perfectly above board and reflect true reality.

I cannot however but feel that our media pundits would be far less sanguine about it, if this scenario was played in reverse in say Russia or Hungary, where a challenger was initially doing well only to beaten by a large influx of late votes that favoured the incumbent.

I heard a discussion on this subject and it was said that Biden encouraged his supporters to vote by mail. while Trump wanted them to vote on the day in person. Thus the mail votes were counted after the personal votes and thus the late rise in Democratic support. They seemed to think that this was predicted before polling day and turned out to be what happened.

Sampanviking

To be honest, something about this result does not look or sound right.
Trump was doing very well through the first night of the results and Biden was not making major inroads and taking any target states.
Not only that, but the Democrats were not making any inroads in the Congressional or Senate Votes either.

Then suddenly, just as it seemed Trump was lined up to take the final states he needed, the speed of counting seems to stop dead and large numbers of other votes, from a poorly invigilated source, start being added, which massively favour Biden and give him the Presidency.

Now it may all be perfectly above board and reflect true reality.

I cannot however but feel that our media pundits would be far less sanguine about it, if this scenario was played in reverse in say Russia or Hungary, where a challenger was initially doing well only to beaten by a large influx of late votes that favoured the incumbent.

Borchester

Years ago I was in Japan and watching a politician being interviewed on the TV. Suddenly the girl who was doing the translating dissolved into a fit of giggles and nearly fell over. Apparently a member of the audience had accused the politician of getting government jobs for all his legions of lady friends. And to that the politician said that was true, he looked after his women folk.

The politician was re elected by a landslide.

The trouble with the Donald is that he is good on the economy and foreign affairs, but shit on PR. 
Algerie Francais !