What should Trump do now?

Started by HDQQ, November 10, 2020, 10:26:33 AM

« previous - next »

HDQQ

Quote from: Barry on November 12, 2020, 02:57:46 PM
You should write a book. You obviously have a very fertile imagination.

Yes, but only in short bursts.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Barry

Quote from: HDQQ on November 12, 2020, 01:20:57 PM
Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn claims Labour won last year's general election and so he's still the party's rightful leader because his resignation and the leadership contest were a consequence of the wrongful interpretation of the 2019 election result.

This is upheld by the Supreme Court (who were all tripping on LSD) and this encourages Jo Swinson to claim she didn't lose her seat at in the election but won it by a convincing minority.  This is also upheld and once restored as Lib Dem leader a legal challenge to Brexit is made on the basis that a clear majority of the UK's total electorate did not vote to leave the EU.

Then, out of the blue, Nigel Farage, who had been missing and presumed dead in South Georgia (as described in an earlier instalment of this saga) turns up in Buenos Aires where he appears at a pro-coronavirus rally and loudly proclaims that the Malvinas belong to Argentina and launches a vitriolic attack on UKIP, branding his former party "nothing but a bunch of virtue-signalling, do-gooding beta males awkwardly dressed up as farmers".
You should write a book. You obviously have a very fertile imagination.
† The end is nigh †

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 12, 2020, 01:52:41 PM
The problem is, HDQQ, I can see a lot of that actually being tried ...

And then there's the World Cup which England won in 1966 . . . . and again and again, every time since.

I reckon if Trump won't leave the White House an alternative base for the presidency can be set up while Trump can carry on thinking he's president, complete with a dummy nuclear button.

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on November 12, 2020, 01:20:57 PM
Meanwhile Jeremy Corbyn claims Labour won last year's general election and so he's still the party's rightful leader because his resignation and the leadership contest were a consequence of the wrongful interpretation of the 2019 election result.

This is upheld by the Supreme Court (who were all tripping on LSD) and this encourages Jo Swinson to claim she didn't lose her seat at in the election but won it by a convincing minority.  This is also upheld and once restored as Lib Dem leader a legal challenge to Brexit is made on the basis that a clear majority of the UK's total electorate did not vote to leave the EU.

Then, out of the blue, Nigel Farage, who had been missing and presumed dead in South Georgia (as described in an earlier instalment of this saga) turns up in Buenos Aires where he appears at a pro-coronavirus rally and loudly proclaims that the Malvinas belong to Argentina and launches a vitriolic attack on UKIP, branding his former party "nothing but a bunch of virtue-signalling do-gooders dressed up as farmers".
The problem is, HDQQ, I can see a lot of that actually being tried ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

HDQQ

Then, out of the blue, Nigel Farage, who had been missing and presumed dead in South Georgia (as described in an earlier instalment of this saga) turns up in Buenos Aires where he appears at a pro-coronavirus rally and loudly proclaims that the Malvinas belong to Argentina and launches a vitriolic attack on UKIP, branding his former party "nothing but a bunch of virtue-signalling, do-gooding beta males awkwardly dressed up as farmers".

johnofgwent

Quote from: HDQQ on November 11, 2020, 11:31:07 AM
Oops, Boris forgot to read the small print properly and as a consequence Trump declares himself "King of England" [his words]

But it's not all bad.  Johnson has sent his old rival Farage on a cultural mission to South Georgia where he disappears and is presumed to have been eaten by penguins loyal to Argentina.
Well I'm up for that. wales will declare UDI, Wee Jimmy wossername will declare hdrians wall a nuclear free zone, and the six people with a claim to the throne of Hywel Dda who know how to make weapons of mass destruction will go mano a mano.  Should solve the lockdown boredom
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on November 10, 2020, 09:05:42 PM
Not only that but he's probably wrecking the electoral prospects of the Republican Party for way beyond 2024. But that might be irrelevant if the USA has ceased to be a democracy by then.

Actually Trump did a lot better than expected. If the Republicans can find another candidate who doesn't start wars, cuts taxes and actually has some manners they should do ok. And at the risk of repeating myself, in view of the numbnuts they have actually elected, it looks as though the Yanks feel that their democracy is in such rude health that they can do without a president
Algerie Francais !

HDQQ

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 11, 2020, 11:33:30 AM
HDQQ that was a blank post, apart from a quote were you trying to say something ?

Trump's secret service agents posing as council gardeners erased my reply with a zapper.

I think my second attempt worked though.

johnofgwent

HDQQ that was a blank post, apart from a quote were you trying to say something ?

HDQQ

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 11, 2020, 07:28:42 AM
He should put up a wall around Republican States and declare them independent from the rest of the US . Next year he will  formally request that the Trump States  re-join the British Empire .
We accept , make Farage governor of free America and invade California .

Oops, Boris forgot to read the small print properly and as a consequence Trump declares himself "King of England" [his words]

But it's not all bad.  Johnson has sent his old rival Farage on a cultural mission to South Georgia where he disappears and is presumed to have been eaten by penguins loyal to Argentina.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on November 11, 2020, 07:28:42 AM
He should put up a wall around Republican States and declare them independent from the rest of the US . Next year he will  formally request that the Trump States  re-join the British Empire .
Hey, we get to nuke google. Sounds good to me. Sign me up, I;ll bring my own bombs

Streetwalker

HDQQ

Quote from: srb7677 on November 10, 2020, 06:03:11 PM

Well for starters he should stop acting like a spoilt brat and put his big boy pants on and accept reality. He needs to grow up. The current spectacle is most unbecoming. It not only shames him, it shames America.

Not only that but he's probably wrecking the electoral prospects of the Republican Party for way beyond 2024. But that might be irrelevant if the USA has ceased to be a democracy by then.

srb7677

Well for starters he should stop acting like a spoilt brat and put his big boy pants on and accept reality. He needs to grow up. The current spectacle is most unbecoming. It not only shames him, it shames America.

We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

HDQQ

If there's going to be an inquiry, Biden's best response would be "Go on then, we've got nothing to hide. It's all a big waste of time and effort in the midst of national crisis but if it's what you really want, go ahead."

On his part, Trump should be aware that Democrats are no more likely to have indulged in voting fraud than the Republicans. After all, the polls had Biden further ahead than how things turned out and Trump was predicted to lose.