What do you want to happen?

Started by Dynamis, November 15, 2020, 12:01:44 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

I was just reading about Tenants in the 1920s not being able to afford the rent, then I get amateur politicians asking what would we like, just like they always do. Funny old world aboard the Star ship enterprise.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Dynamis on November 15, 2020, 06:42:55 PM
And many did in Wales.  :D Not to mention sheep of course..

(a highly reliable anonymous source in the hexagon leaked that initiating a goat was welsh bnp entry policy for many years, we have it on microfiche somewhere..)

Joking aside, how would you go about implementing your system, what reforms would you make?

I do not know if it would be adopted, but the only way I can see it happening is a total change to thec at we elect politicians. The FPTP system with constituency MPs is defended as providing a direct link between you and your MP

But I doubt most voters even know the name they vote for the rosette.

Once we have dealt with the arrogance that allows MPs to ignore 60% of their constituents because the other 40% will elect a donkey ..... We might get somewhere.

And by the way

Under ab agreement entered into by Iwan Rhys Rhoderic iw Hirwaun, whose coat of arms hangs in Cardiff Castle, every sheep in 275 acres of sadly these days lib dem governed Brecon and Radnorshire is under my protection. Why the hell do you think I and my girls are so skilled with the longbow....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borg Refinery

Quote from: johnofgwent on November 15, 2020, 06:24:49 PM
Ok.

I want a system where those elected to public office are held accountable for their actions, their lies, their slopey shouldering of blame...

And a system where every voters vote has the same impact on the makeup of the elected bodies. Instead of what we have now where in something like 90% of the country you needfufty to 100 people to change their mind to have the impact just ONE voter changing their mind has in the other 10% of places.

Because I know politicians only change their tune when they know the mob is coming for them

And right now and for the last 50 years you could actually f**k a goat in the street and still get re elected in most of this country ...

And many did in Wales.  :D Not to mention sheep of course..

(a highly reliable anonymous source in the hexagon leaked that initiating a goat was welsh bnp entry policy for many years, we have it on microfiche somewhere..)

Joking aside, how would you go about implementing your system, what reforms would you make?
+++

johnofgwent

Ok.

I want a system where those elected to public office are held accountable for their actions, their lies, their slopey shouldering of blame...

And a system where every voters vote has the same impact on the makeup of the elected bodies. Instead of what we have now where in something like 90% of the country you needfufty to 100 people to change their mind to have the impact just ONE voter changing their mind has in the other 10% of places.

Because I know politicians only change their tune when they know the mob is coming for them

And right now and for the last 50 years you could actually F@@@ a goat in the street and still get re elected in most of this country ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 15, 2020, 12:33:29 PM
Benito Mussolini's, after an all night party with 11 whores and a bucking bronco machine

Where do I apply for tickets...

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Dynamis on November 15, 2020, 05:46:14 PMWell done for wrecking my thread. 

Aw, there's no need to thank us, Dynamics. We know you'd do the same for us  :D

Borg Refinery

Well done for wrecking my thread.  :D

Out of all the enemy leaders during World War II, who could run with the most speed?

Mussolini, because he was the fascist.
+++

Javert

Quote from: Barry on November 15, 2020, 03:04:05 PM
"Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish"

And the man said, "Lord, please make me rich".

And lo the lord replied, "OK - have a nice day, Rich", and vanished.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on November 15, 2020, 12:59:04 PMI would like to see really upright people put in charge of the common good.

Actually, the first time I read it, I thought it said "really uptight people put in charge". I was going to suggest you PM'd SRB  :D :D :D

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on November 15, 2020, 12:59:04 PMI would like to see really upright people put in charge of the common good.

Thats me, Thomas and Borchester out then  :D

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on November 15, 2020, 01:05:04 PM
I would like a trip across the universe on the star ship enterprise, beam me up scotty. It has to be done in an American Scots accent of course.

;D ;D ;D ;D 1st giggle of the day! (proof that God is a man?)

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on November 15, 2020, 12:59:04 PM
I'd like a country that was morally strong.
I would like to see really upright people put in charge of the common good.
I would like to see a Government where misbehaviour which brings us all into disrepute results in dismissal.
I'd like a society that valued people no matter who they are and where no-one is looked down on unless it is with the intention of lifting them up. 
I'd like an education system where the education fits the person, not the box that an algorithm determines for them.
I'd like society to understand that we are not all the same. A place where envy and greed is not encouraged.
I'd like all social media to have a health warning and answerable for the damage it does to those weaker individuals who are unable to see through the lies.
I'd like photo-shopping made illegal.
I'd like the rule of law made applicable to everyone.

I agree that would be great, but it reminded me of a joke:

A man walking along a California beach is deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, Grant me one wish."

The sunny Californian sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish"

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord replied, "Your request is very materialistic, think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports will have to reach down to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Just think about the amount of concrete and steel that would have to be used! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honour and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time, when finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are they thinking when they give the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing' and how can I make them truly happy.

The Lord replied, "Do you want 2 lanes or 3 lanes on that bridge?"
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

I would like a trip across the universe on the star ship enterprise, beam me up scotty. It has to be done in an American Scots accent of course.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

I'd like a country that was morally strong.
I would like to see really upright people put in charge of the common good.
I would like to see a Government where misbehaviour which brings us all into disrepute results in dismissal.
I'd like a society that valued people no matter who they are and where no-one is looked down on unless it is with the intention of lifting them up. 
I'd like an education system where the education fits the person, not the box that an algorithm determines for them.
I'd like society to understand that we are not all the same. A place where envy and greed is not encouraged.
I'd like all social media to have a health warning and answerable for the damage it does to those weaker individuals who are unable to see through the lies.
I'd like photo-shopping made illegal.
I'd like the rule of law made applicable to everyone.

I could go on.

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on November 15, 2020, 12:33:29 PM
Benito Mussolini's, after an all night party with 11 whores and a bucking bronco machine

Certainly Boris'. Mind you, that was pretty much his before Brexit as well. :)
Algerie Francais !