Stop worrying about polar bears

Started by Barry, November 07, 2019, 05:46:43 PM

« previous - next »

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Sea ice won't affect the world's sea levels as it's already in the sea. It's the ice over land that melts or breaks away and ends up in the sea we need to be concerned about.  And the sea ice in the southern hemisphere would include icebergs that have broken off glaciers at the edge of the Antarctic ice cap. Global warming would explain the increase in sea ice.

And the only time I'd worry about polar bears is when there's one outside my tent.

Nick

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18210 time=1583746765 user_id=103
The poster boy for global warming should be the Antarctic ice-cap.  If that melts even a little bit a lot of people will be looking for new places to live.

Well luckily for us there are people who study this sort of thing and don't just jump up and down and follow the polemic.

Unfortunately for your scaremonger story despite a 20% increase in CO2, sea ice in the Southern Hemisphere has been increasing for decades.

https://www.cato.org/blog/global-science-report-sea-ice-expansion-southern-hemisphere-real-driven-falling-temperatures">https://www.cato.org/blog/global-scienc ... mperatures">https://www.cato.org/blog/global-science-report-sea-ice-expansion-southern-hemisphere-real-driven-falling-temperatures
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=18210 time=1583746765 user_id=103
The poster boy for global warming should be the Antarctic ice-cap.  If that melts even a little bit a lot of people will be looking for new places to live.

Quite looking forward to my little house on the hill becoming prime real estate , the Croydon Riviera has a certain ring about it don't you think ?

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Streetwalker

I was always a bit confused as to why the apex predator of the North was chosen by the warmists as their 'poster boy' . Come on now who would want to come across one of these babies if out for a walk with your better half  in your caribou anorak . You would be giving them the not today thank you and both barrels every time .

In fact they are such a danger to human life now with their increasing numbers I would say its about time we did actually make them an endangered species ,I wont say again because they never were .

So I wonder what will be the next emblem of impending  disaster for the planet ? The British builder , UKIP party member , Petrol pump attendant ? Who knows but for now don't go for a walk on the tundra without your Lee Enfield .

Baron von Lotsov

We were always told a calculation is useless without error bounds. If you can not calculate your error then don't expect it to be published.

So what were their error bounds on their calculation of population?

The Guardian claims to be academic, but i did not see them quoting error bounds.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

Nick

The poster boy was also a very old bear apparently, doesn't stop the liberals.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

The Polar bear has been given the sack as a global warning icon.

Apparently they are doing very well, thank you.

† The end is nigh †