'Cage home' living elsewhere

Started by Dynamis, November 27, 2020, 07:40:10 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Sampanviking on November 28, 2020, 10:24:37 AM
The guy is a migrant worker from Harbin in the far North East of China, so his cage home is more of a dormitory, so he can afford to send more money home.
I have visited and stayed in numerous flats of family members in HK over the last 20 years and they are perfectly normal flats.

👍

Elsewhere I spoke to some fellas from HK. It's interesring, quite a few of the older folks seem rather rebellious against both the colonial rubbish but also are questioning of China.

Actually, the toung generation there seem a bit pro western and brainwashed, not all of course, but many. I think they don't remember..

Anyway, I think HK is best off remaining in its halfway-house situation rather than changing too much one way or the other; some further reforms make sense. Btw is it true they repainted all the red post boxes green there years ago? 😋 I would love to visit one day.
+++

Sampanviking

The guy is a migrant worker from Harbin in the far North East of China, so his cage home is more of a dormitory, so he can afford to send more money home.
I have visited and stayed in numerous flats of family members in HK over the last 20 years and they are perfectly normal flats.

Borg Refinery

+++

Barry

Quote from: Dynamis on November 27, 2020, 10:01:47 PM
Well yes, I'm a hypocritical religious zealot fundie, I'd do well. I'm glad you think so highly of me, but I assure you my conspiracy theories about the microwave listening to me and the corona jihad being started by Jackie Chan wouldn't be popular in the commons bar. Plus my phone wouldn't register the barcode thingy, as it's made in China.
Peter Bone would hang on your every word.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on November 27, 2020, 09:30:18 PM
Maybe you should stand for Parliament, Dynamis.
You have so much to offer.

Well yes, I'm a hypocritical religious zealot fundie, I'd do well. I'm glad you think so highly of me, but I assure you my conspiracy theories about the microwave listening to me and the corona jihad being started by Jackie Chan wouldn't be popular in the commons bar. Plus my phone wouldn't register the barcode thingy, as it's made in China.
+++

Barry

Maybe you should stand for Parliament, Dynamis.
You have so much to offer.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on November 27, 2020, 09:15:29 PM
Well, isn't HK lovely? I'd rather sleep in the street.

Really?

Also assuming HK is all like this on the basis of one video is a bit daft. It's a sad one for sure, but people are living like this over here too, the difference is they don't even get publicised by the supposedly free media.

Odd how the highly censorious Chinese media seem to shine light on their own issues though, but I guess it's all covered up and the father lambs to the slaughter in the loony bin asylum are lost in a whirlpool of their own tripe and insane ramblings arguing and agreeing & disagreeing with themselves (etc).

+++

Barry

Well, isn't HK lovely? I'd rather sleep in the street.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

+++