Covid: Alcohol ban for Welsh pubs and restaurants from Friday

Started by Borchester, November 30, 2020, 01:28:15 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mark-drakeford-barred-100-north-19377496

I'm sure most know Pubwatch exploits the right of a landlord to ban anyone, for any reason.

He's a teetotal nationalist so he won't care about not having a beer, but north of Brecon he will (with luck) die of thirst

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 01, 2020, 06:10:55 AM
I dare say most of the pubs will  not open until the beer is permitted again . Forget about any compo or covid help though because they were not told to close .

I doubt many will open again full stop
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Streetwalker

I dare say most of the pubs will  not open until the beer is permitted again . Forget about any compo or covid help though because they were not told to close .

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 30, 2020, 02:38:02 PM
Damn right it did. In the 1960s I spent some time in Cardiff's Tiger Bay where the limit of depravity was a nightclub that sold beer and Spam fritters and closed at 11 am. As I said, the Welsh really put up with a lot

In the 1960s my grandfather on my mother's side probably delivered that beer.....

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on November 30, 2020, 01:28:15 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55128305 

Open the pubs but ban the sale of beer.

Nowhere in the world can there be a people as tolerant as the Welsh

Do not confuse tolerance with patience.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on November 30, 2020, 02:38:02 PM
Damn right it did. In the 1960s I spent some time in Cardiff's Tiger Bay where the limit of depravity was a nightclub that sold beer and Spam fritters and closed at 11 am. As I said, the Welsh really put up with a lot

The very rural Buckinghamshire pub I used to use in my youth only served a cheese toastie, slowly progressed to a cheese and tomato toastie, and over the decades developed into a public bar on one side and a restaurant on the other.
It had been a until recently a family owned pub since the end of the 2nd World War.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Their lockdown didn't work so they are having another.

What's the definition of insanity again.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 02:06:53 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D Gosh that took me back!

Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55128305 

Open the pubs but ban the sale of beer.

Nowhere in the world can there be a people as tolerant as the Welsh
Algerie Francais !