When the deal gets done

Started by Sheepy, November 30, 2020, 10:16:48 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on December 01, 2020, 01:46:15 PM
The EU's last sitting is on the 10th Dec I believe, they need to go back with the deal before then to have it approved by the 27.

Fair enough. Maybe in recent years they've been forced to show their faces to claim the money .. ..
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 01, 2020, 07:36:47 AM

How is that 'ratification' done.

It can't be by all the MEPs they knock off the week before Jennifer's birthday, which was a week ago. We've been in Brussels for her birthday more than once, and each time we stay at a hotel normally packed with europhile lobbyists, but from about the 20th of NOVEMBER the place is bereft of such and drops its prices to accommodate the tourists.

Of course this year it's probably gone bust ...

The EU's last sitting is on the 10th Dec I believe, they need to go back with the deal before then to have it approved by the 27.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 12:09:37 PM
We have already given ground on 'Uman Rights' after threats of no access to information. As far as fishing is concerned - it's not about fish for me. It's about who governs our waters. The EU has to understand that we decide who enters our waters for fishing or anything else not the EU. Quotas should be determined by us.
There ain't no markets but the Brussels market, what utter bull that was.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 12:09:37 PM
The EU has to understand that we decide who enters our waters for fishing or anything else not the EU. Quotas should be determined by us.

The problem is being able to catch fish, and being able to sell them is quite another as British inshore fishermen are now beginning to realise.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

We have already given ground on 'Uman Rights' after threats of no access to information. As far as fishing is concerned - it's not about fish for me. It's about who governs our waters. The EU has to understand that we decide who enters our waters for fishing or anything else not the EU. Quotas should be determined by us.

Sheepy

While in the meantime, people with political connections are desperately trying to tell us it is all a tax scam. But then, fishing rights isn't on the table because we believe sustainable fishing is good in the long run, not because it makes a difference how people vote in Scotland or if they do vote for independence, it is time for reflection in that sense, so handing over fishing rights to a bunch of Brussels bureaucrats won't be happening. Money isn't everything.
I somehow doubt the circus won't turn it into a political football anyway, as they always do.

johnofgwent

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 11:05:05 PM
They can't the EU needs to ratify although if really pushed they would do it overnight. We have only about 10 days left for Westminster sitting unless they cut their hols.

How is that 'ratification' done.

It can't be by all the MEPs they knock off the week before Jennifer's birthday, which was a week ago. We've been in Brussels for her birthday more than once, and each time we stay at a hotel normally packed with europhile lobbyists, but from about the 20th of NOVEMBER the place is bereft of such and drops its prices to accommodate the tourists.

Of course this year it's probably gone bust ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on November 30, 2020, 11:05:05 PM
They can't the EU needs to ratify although if really pushed they would do it overnight. We have only about 10 days left for Westminster sitting unless they cut their hols.
I got that the wrong way around Toots, maybe.

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 10:56:19 PM
Everybody will be unhappy, then. Oh well. Later this week, perhaps, or will they push it to 31st December?
I forgot that and don't think for a minute you will be having a happy Christmas and a merry new year either.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on November 30, 2020, 10:56:19 PM
Everybody will be unhappy, then. Oh well. Later this week, perhaps, or will they push it to 31st December?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

The prediction is, remain will say whatever the deal is, you have been done up like kipper by us, Boris will say he has delivered, the EU will say they have delivered for the EU, the SNP will say they have been betrayed and need to re-join on independence, which needs to be as soon as possible, while the Guardian reading types will hopefully chew their arms off. in the meantime, we are locked up tighter than a Chinese holiday camp.