That nice Mr Matt Hancock!

Started by T00ts, December 01, 2020, 09:36:45 AM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: patman post on December 01, 2020, 04:10:25 PM
∆∆∆
Enjoy yourself, but take care:
Wood dust can cause serious health problems. It can cause asthma, which carpenters and joiners  are four times more likely to get compared with other UK workers. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 require that you protect workers from the hazards of wood dust.
Hardwood dust can cause cancer, particularly of the nose.
https://www.hse.gov.uk/woodworking/wooddust.htm
As I have asthma already I will indeed be careful!  :)

patman post

∆∆∆
Enjoy yourself, but take care:
Wood dust can cause serious health problems. It can cause asthma, which carpenters and joiners  are four times more likely to get compared with other UK workers. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations 2002 require that you protect workers from the hazards of wood dust.
Hardwood dust can cause cancer, particularly of the nose.
https://www.hse.gov.uk/woodworking/wooddust.htm
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 01, 2020, 10:55:29 AM
It was almost certainly written by a nice civil servant, T00ts, you know how it works.

Oh Barry you have burst my bubble of contentment. I had convinced myself that my government and especially my Minister of Health really cared about little me - a Conservative voter to the core - and cared so much about my wellbeing that he sat up late and sent me a personal letter. I am now tempted to sink into a corner and suck my thumb while tears of melancholy and rejection well up in my reddening eyes and tumble down my cheeks dropping to the floor in a puddle of despair, finally realising that no-one will take me by the hand assuring me that all will be well.

Actually I am more likely to spend the rest of the day in my workshop. I have a project underway involving timber which I have stored for yonks and a jigsaw and careful construction. Bliss - especially as it's virus free.   :-*

Barry

It was almost certainly written by a nice civil servant, T00ts, you know how it works.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 10:21:37 AM
Oh ok! I guess with a blanket letter it would be difficult to cover all specifics. Perhaps your GP would be able to help.

I doubt my GP would be able to help at all.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 10:02:03 AM
A question specific to my circumstances.

Oh ok! I guess with a blanket letter it would be difficult to cover all specifics. Perhaps your GP would be able to help.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 09:59:28 AM
Oooh what question? I thought it was pretty comprehensive.

A question specific to my circumstances.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 01, 2020, 09:43:51 AM
I had the same email, and it was not specific enough.  I have emailed a question but I don't expect I will get a reply.

Oooh what question? I thought it was pretty comprehensive.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 01, 2020, 09:36:45 AM
He assured me that I would be properly updated as necessary.

I had the same email, and it was not specific enough.  I have emailed a question but I don't expect I will get a reply.

T00ts

Late last night I received a long email signed by Matt Hancock going into great detail about what will happen on Dec 2nd and updating me on what I should and shouldn't do emphasising that it really was only for information and that I should make my own decisions about what risks I felt comfortable with. He assured me that I would be properly updated as necessary.

The only thing that was missing was kisses on the bottom. How nice that he went to all that trouble when he must be so busy!