Not a Borchesters bladder leak

Started by Sheepy, December 03, 2020, 12:06:33 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on December 08, 2020, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Sheepy on December 08, 2020, 05:09:26 PM
Don't take the bait then, they are desperate to preach remain.
[/quoteI saw what you did there
Anyway Gerry doesn't know where Irelands plaice is in the eu,he thinks they're equals ;)
I think its more the UK learning its place in the world, just think there was a time when the UK thought the EU needed the UK more than the other way around and that the common wealth were waiting with ope arms to welcome their imperial oppressors back to teach them all about sovereignty and equality. Give us a break Cromwell.

But seriously if it does transpire that the UK has removed the clauses from the IMB then that does open the door for a trade deal to be struck. Tomorrow is a big day with JOhnson doing to the EU to meet one of our civil servants. Strange that no EU heads of state or MEP's could find time to meet him, that might have something to do with his reputation as a deal breaking liar, but I could be wrong.

And if there is a deal, Johnson might have thought better when spouting all his nasty remarks, each member state is equal in ratifying the deal, 27 countries and the UK needs all to sign. So your right IRL is an equal (you can stop singing lalalallaa with your fingers in your ears now)

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on December 08, 2020, 05:06:09 PM
Not something you want to see happening to anyone, seems fishing isn't such a profitable industry, you'd wonder what all the fuss is about.

It is a catch 22, get British waters to themselves catch loads of fish but have nowhere to sell it. (The home market it tiny unless it is fish and chips, (most of the fish for that is imported.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: Sheepy on December 08, 2020, 05:09:26 PM
[/quoteI saw what you did there
Anyway Gerry doesn't know where Irelands plaice is in the eu,he thinks they're equals ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Sheepy

Quote from: Nick on December 08, 2020, 04:49:29 PM
Any fishing rights the EU do get as a trade off will be on a time limited basis. I suspect it will persist as long as the FTA is in effect.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2020, 04:54:55 PM

As they were facing bankruptcy they did not care, there were several suicides locally as it is, (I don't know about nationally.)
Not something you want to see happening to anyone, seems fishing isn't such a profitable industry, you'd wonder what all the fuss is about.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on December 08, 2020, 03:07:51 PM
Because that would make sense and god forbit if anything to do with brexit would make sense.

Does anyone know who owns the fishing rights in UK waters, what companies own the fishing quotas, are they even British ?

Dunno, but it is scaring the shit out of the Irish....

UK proposal on fish stocks in EU talks would undermine Irish fishing , sector warns

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=irish+times 
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on December 08, 2020, 04:41:11 PM
Could the British fishermen not do what the foreign fishermen were planning on doing

As they were facing bankruptcy they did not care, there were several suicides locally as it is, (I don't know about nationally.)

Nick

Quote from: patman post on December 08, 2020, 03:00:24 PMWhy not lease UK waters to the EU for ninety-nine years?

Any fishing rights the EU do get as a trade off will be on a time limited basis. I suspect it will persist as long as the FTA is in effect.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: papasmurf on December 08, 2020, 04:34:39 PM
Except that most to the quota sold to foreign boats by British fishermen was to stop the British fishermen going bankrupt.
Could the British fishermen not do what the foreign fishermen were planning on doing

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 08, 2020, 03:45:47 PM

The whole piece linked to above has some interesting information...

Except that most to the quota sold to foreign boats by British fishermen was to stop the British fishermen going bankrupt.

patman post

Quote from: GerryT on December 08, 2020, 03:07:51 PMDoes anyone know who owns the fishing rights in UK waters, what companies own the fishing quotas, are they even British ?
Half of England's quota in foreign hands

£160m worth of England's fishing quota is in the hands of vessels owned by companies based in Iceland, Spain and the Netherlands, according to BBC research.
That amounts to 130,000 tonnes of fish a year and 55% of the quota's annual value in 2019.
Quotas are used by many countries to manage shared fish stocks. They determine how many fish of each species each country's fleets are allowed to catch.
The EU's Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) sets quotas among EU member states, and similar deals are negotiated with neighbouring countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52420116

The whole piece linked to above has some interesting information...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

GerryT

Quote from: patman post on December 08, 2020, 03:00:24 PM
Why not lease UK waters to the EU for ninety-nine years?

That way the UK retains ownership/sovereignty, and Johnson can waltz in at the last minute as the deal saviour and say: "Job done!"...
Because that would make sense and god forbit if anything to do with brexit would make sense.

Does anyone know who owns the fishing rights in UK waters, what companies own the fishing quotas, are they even British ?

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 03, 2020, 06:49:54 AM
If Johnson thinks any deal that doesn't give the UK full control of UK waters will be swallowed by the public he had best think again .  I don't really care if we allow the Europeans  the same or even more access ,the point being it will be ours to give and ours to take away
Why not lease UK waters to the EU for ninety-nine years?

That way the UK retains ownership/sovereignty, and Johnson can waltz in at the last minute as the deal saviour and say: "Job done!"...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...