Coronavirus: Hackers targeted Covid vaccine supply 'cold chain'

Started by papasmurf, December 03, 2020, 12:27:57 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 03, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
Come on sheep , its the russians again dont you know?

::)

Im starting to think you might just be vladimirs man in hastings .

Did you poison dynamis with some secret bulgarian poison last weekend and send him a bit loopy?

Or did he choke on the burnt sausage on the cadac?
I reckon they have been poisoned without doubt, I somehow doubt it was the Russians though, they are probably pissing themselves laughing and partying on Vodka.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Sheepy on December 03, 2020, 04:52:07 PM
Dunno, it seems odd that even spotty nosed kids can't be terrorists just because they can.

Come on sheep , its the russians again dont you know?

::)

Im starting to think you might just be vladimirs man in hastings .

Did you poison dynamis with some secret bulgarian poison last weekend and send him a bit loopy?

Or did he choke on the burnt sausage on the cadac?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Dunno, it seems odd that even spotty nosed kids can't be terrorists just because they can.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 03, 2020, 04:16:09 PM
Agreed. But given IBM's opinion on the resources required, I'm not inclined to believe even an international network of anarchist hackers could do this...

IBM would say that wouldn't they.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 03, 2020, 04:01:43 PM
There are people who do these things just because they can.
Agreed. But given IBM's opinion on the resources required, I'm not inclined to believe even an international network of anarchist hackers could do this...

https://www.dw.com/en/ibm-detects-hacking-ploy-to-target-covid-vaccine-supply/a-55810771
https://www.dw.com/en/russia-hackers-coronavirus-research/a-54205616
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on December 03, 2020, 03:58:17 PM
IBM said: "The precision targeting and nature of the specific targeted organisations potentially point to nation-state activity."

It reasoned that without any demands or monetary gain, cyber-criminals are unlikely to "devote the time and resources required to execute such a calculated operation."

Seems plausible — unless it's a rival vaccine producer attempting to knock out a competitor...

There are people who do these things just because they can.

patman post

IBM said: "The precision targeting and nature of the specific targeted organisations potentially point to nation-state activity."

It reasoned that without any demands or monetary gain, cyber-criminals are unlikely to "devote the time and resources required to execute such a calculated operation."

Seems plausible — unless it's a rival vaccine producer attempting to knock out a competitor...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 03, 2020, 03:47:39 PM
i love the "sophistication suggests a nation state"

So do I, more likely some pimply faced geeky youth with too much time on their hands

johnofgwent

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Sheepy

papasmurf

This is very worrying:-

More at link:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55165552

Coronavirus: Hackers targeted Covid vaccine supply 'cold chain'

Gordon Corera
Security correspondent, BBC News

Published1 hour ago

The international vaccine supply chain has been targeted by cyber-espionage, according to IBM.

The company says it tracked a campaign aimed at the delivery "cold chain" used to keep vaccines at the right temperature during transportation.

The attackers' identity is unclear - but IBM said the sophistication of their methods indicated a nation state.

It follows warnings from governments - including the UK's - of countries targeting aspects of vaccine research.