Lockdown effects - mental illness on the rise amongst royals

Started by Barry, December 03, 2020, 01:54:43 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: HDQQ on December 03, 2020, 02:44:17 PM
The threat we'd been warned of for years was from antibiotic-resistant bacteria but in the end the 'superbug' arrived in the form of an unknown virus.

I

Bit like Diana and James Hewitt   :)
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: HDQQ on December 03, 2020, 02:44:17 PMThe threat we'd been warned of for years was from antibiotic-resistant bacteria but in the end the 'superbug' arrived in the form of an unknown virus.

Don't altogether agree, where was the warning for THIS virus?

This has nothing to do with resistance, this is a virus, it is like a safe cracker trying every combination until it's in.
Every re-infection tries a different combination and we don't even know it is moving amongst us.. Until it cracks the cell code and then it exploits the human bodies efficiency at sharing. You can't prepare for this unless you are extremely lucky and isolate the virus before it cracks the code.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Strange responses. Is the observation that humans take so much from nature, but rarely give anything back, so risible...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

HDQQ

The threat we'd been warned of for years was from antibiotic-resistant bacteria but in the end the 'superbug' arrived in the form of an unknown virus.

It's not a rebuke from nature because the Sars-Cov-2 virus is part of nature just as much as we humans are, and from its viewpoint it's having a whale of a time at our expense.

But there will be lessons to be learned from the pandemic for humans on how we interact with nature and with each-other.

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Quote from: Barry on December 03, 2020, 01:54:43 PM
https://news.sky.com/video/covid-19-harry-suggests-covid-19-a-rebuke-from-nature-12149498

A rebuke from Mother Nature?
Well, I was reading the other day it runs in families, I am not so sure, they can't be that mad, they have their every whim catered for and live like Kings, lol.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!