Boris Johnson: 'We must not get carried away'

Started by GBNews, December 04, 2020, 07:20:08 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on December 06, 2020, 05:31:31 AM

Taking people out and having them shot is not the answer to everything,nor are helicopter gunships ,enfilade fire from machine guns,nuclear weapons,nato razor wire,sniper rifles or all the other ideas you think will bring your version of paradise.

Not the answer of everything, but it would make a lot of people's lives better.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 12:45:30 PM
It is an emergency to protect the population, the rights of a few intransigent frankly disruptive idiots must be weighed against the safety of the many.
Unfortunately we have a clown as a Prime Minister who is just not up to the job.
And who would you have,Jeremy perhaps.....Kim from North Korea?

Taking people out and having them shot is not the answer to everything,nor are helicopter gunships ,enfilade fire from machine guns,nuclear weapons,nato razor wire,sniper rifles or all the other ideas you think will bring your version of paradise.

We live in a fairly free society and for all its faults and our moans on here it's a damn sight better than a lot of places in this mad world.

You cannot force people to be vaccinated,that's not how it should be,if people want to take a risk and there are risks either way that's up to them,I've given up on discussing the in and outs of covid,I have my views others have theirs and this will all eventually end, hopefully with the less people dead the better.

We can all then get back to the ins and outs of politics with sometimes a bit of humour rage and all stations in between,that's just on here the world will turn to the reality post pandemic of wars,disputes,famine,pestilence, and hopefully some of the good stuff that can make life worthwhile..........it's a mad,mad world but most of us want to stay on it as long as possible.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 05, 2020, 06:12:49 PM

This is what I was referring to. I have seen no evidence of long term efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine

I was not commenting about the Pfizer vaccine, because locally I expect the Oxford one to be available first.
Whatever vaccine is used I expect regular vaccinations will be needed as they are for flu.
It is also looking as if no proof of vaccination and there will be a wide range of things people will be barred from doing. Whether Boris likes it or not people will need vaccination certificates. My wife and I will definitely need them.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 02:13:20 PM
Well John it isn't bullshit, it needs the majority of people to be vaccinated to provide herd immunity, I would have thought you would be well aware of that.

Sorry I should have been a little more specific, because I was being quite heavily satirical. I shall have another go, and in more detail.

I have mentioned before a friend who I never worked with professionally, but who alerted me to a worrying fact in the available research - the fact that the experimental work stopped many days before it would normally would, and published results only seemed to report reaction levels for about half to two thirds the time other vaccine trials did.

The reason was the level of measured immunity conferred fell like a bloody rock dropped off a cliff soon after, demonstrating that the vaccine gave immunity for an exceptionally short time.

Now, that does not mean it is useless, far from it, the disease has a profile that proves while a huge number laugh it off, a smaller proportion whose cell membranes are porous to the spike proteins ACE2 impersonation will find it as laughable as ebola, and that vaccines greatest use will be in its REPEATED administration to health professionals in contact with those dying patients as it will effectively eradicate the risk of those health workers catching the plague from the heavily contaminated near death patients they will have to provide the palliative care for.

I'm assuming there will come a time when the side effects of repeated immunisation cycles a few months apart will render such health professionals susceptible to other issues at which time the immunisation cycles will have to stop and they will have to be given other duties.

This is what I was referring to. I have seen no evidence of long term efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine and the available results WHEN I LAST LOOKED did not show long term immunity.

THAT is the specific point I failed to make strongly enough in my earlier post. I am unconvinced this will provide a long term solution.

We will see, of course. But I'm damned if I am going to be one of the guinea pigs.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 02:13:20 PM
Well John it isn't bullshit, it needs the majority of people to be vaccinated to provide herd immunity, I would have thought you would be well aware of that.

you havent answered the question nor addressed what john has said.

No suprises as ever pappy.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 05, 2020, 02:07:59 PM

Well, if you believe the bullshit,the unvaccinated will only be a threat to the unvaccinated part of the population,and since that won't be you, why do you care ??

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 11:51:20 AM
The unvaccinated will be a threat to the rest of the population.

Well, if you believe the bullshit,the unvaccinated will only be a threat to the unvaccinated part of the population,and since that won't be you, why do you care ??
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 05, 2020, 12:45:30 PM

Unfortunately we have a clown as a Prime Minister who is just not up to the job.

Who else could do the job? Keir sit on the fence starmer?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 05, 2020, 11:57:18 AM
Pappy I have just worked out your politics! You want a Totalitarian State.   ;D

It is an emergency to protect the population, the rights of a few intransigent frankly disruptive idiots must be weighed against the safety of the many.

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 05, 2020, 11:57:18 AM

like all selfish people , he wants a world that bends to his personal views.

Thomas

no it wont.  government officials and doctors were on the telly recently saying they hope for over 60% to take the vaccination to provide herd immunity , so they are expecting a large amount of people to not take it and are comfortable with it.

T00ts

papasmurf

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on December 05, 2020, 09:59:26 AMVaccination should be the individuals choice , its up to each and every person to weigh up the pros and cons and do what they think best.
That.
Yes.
† The end is nigh †