Finally they are admitting there will be no deal?

Started by Barry, December 04, 2020, 11:06:34 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Dynamis on December 11, 2020, 06:52:40 PM
Well she states it was decided by a democratic majority, if subsequent referenda was held and they found otherwise, would that also have to be implemented? Or would it be in conflict with previous referenda?

Given the huge flustercluck of implementing the last referendum we had, I wouldn't be in favour of rejoining just like I'm not in favour of Labour attaining power. In a way it's more honest that the country should be run by Boris, the majority in southern England especially are 'true blue' conservatives and would vote for anything with a blue rosette pinned to it. Ok fine. So we stay under the Tories in perpetuity and keep on winning to quote Trump, because we've won so much, it's too much winning, it's too much etc. If that's the will of the majority then so be it.

Plus, Starmer is like Blair, New Labour MK II aka Tories MK II so it wouldn't really be so much different, except we'd have Toryism with extra wokeness and bland dislikeability added, whereas at least Boris is occasionally entertaining.

No, that's not an endorsement of the Tories, don't read it like that. It means we need to get rid of all the crap parties at Wastemonster excepting the SNP and stick new parties in instead.
Some points there Thomas has been saying for a long time.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

GerryT

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 11, 2020, 11:54:12 AM
And the other day when I said you spend all your time on a brit forum, you were telling me you we here "to provide balance". And then you go and show yet again you are only here for one reason. Bollox Gerry. You're about as balanced as a 10 ton lead counter weight.
that is balance, yoir way off there on the other end of the spectrum

Borg Refinery

Well she states it was decided by a democratic majority, if subsequent referenda was held and they found otherwise, would that also have to be implemented? Or would it be in conflict with previous referenda?

Given the huge flustercluck of implementing the last referendum we had, I wouldn't be in favour of rejoining just like I'm not in favour of Labour attaining power. In a way it's more honest that the country should be run by Boris, the majority in southern England especially are 'true blue' conservatives and would vote for anything with a blue rosette pinned to it. Ok fine. So we stay under the Tories in perpetuity and keep on winning to quote Trump, because we've won so much, it's too much winning, it's too much etc. If that's the will of the majority then so be it.

Plus, Starmer is like Blair, New Labour MK II aka Tories MK II so it wouldn't really be so much different, except we'd have Toryism with extra wokeness and bland dislikeability added, whereas at least Boris is occasionally entertaining.

No, that's not an endorsement of the Tories, don't read it like that. It means we need to get rid of all the crap parties at Wastemonster excepting the SNP and stick new parties in instead.
+++

Borchester

Quote from: Dynamis on December 11, 2020, 06:28:23 PM
Find one person here who's stating that we should overturn the result, because no one has said that since December 2019 from memory.

No one is saying it, but that is what a lot of Brexiters think. The feeling is that the moment Labour gets elected Starmer will start trying to weasel the UK back into the EU. And that is why Labour ain't going to get back into power any time soon. :)
Algerie Francais !

Borg Refinery

Find one person here who's stating that we should overturn the result, because no one has said that since December 2019 from memory. Everyone seemingly accepts that that was the 2nd referendum and we should leave, the difference is that some think it's a bad idea.

If thinking it's a bad idea gets you classed as a treasonous anti-patriot then so be it, who cares. No one is fussed by threats of Brexiters anymore, plenty have threatened to go out and shoot anyone they don't agree with or use all kinds of threatening tactics, but it gets boring after a while, as I always say.. do it right now or don't bother. And no I'm not talking about you personally, unless you own a shotgun that is..
+++

T00ts

Quote from: Dynamis on December 11, 2020, 04:48:27 PM
"In some pictures of Lady Justice, her scales are unbalanced. Under certain circumstances, the unbalanced scales are said to represent weighing the merits of one side against the other, with the understanding a fair judgment will give credence to one set of facts over another. "

Gerry is heavily pro-EU biased as others here are heavily biased the opposite way. It balances the intense pro-Brexit bias on here by having someone as biased as he is. There is nowt wrong with yuuge bias in itself. Everyone has it. Also according to the stats he don't appear to spend much time on here at all.

https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=stats

Good lord, that's embarrassing for me, I really need to get out more..  ??? nearly 13 days of posting silliness on here..

(immediately logs out and runs off)

There are several here who are not Brexiteers who have understood the need to leave because it was the majority decision. I don't feel there is necessarily a brexit bias here but there is a democratic bias and that's what's important.

Borg Refinery

And the other day when I said you spend all your time on a brit forum, you were telling me you we here "to provide balance". And then you go and show yet again you are only here for one reason. Bollox Gerry. You're about as balanced as a 10 ton lead counter weight.

"In some pictures of Lady Justice, her scales are unbalanced. Under certain circumstances, the unbalanced scales are said to represent weighing the merits of one side against the other, with the understanding a fair judgment will give credence to one set of facts over another. "

Gerry is heavily pro-EU biased as others here are heavily biased the opposite way. It balances the intense pro-Brexit bias on here by having someone as biased as he is. There is nowt wrong with yuuge bias in itself. Everyone has it. Also according to the stats he don't appear to spend much time on here at all.

https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=stats

Good lord, that's embarrassing for me, I really need to get out more..  ??? nearly 13 days of posting silliness on here..

(immediately logs out and runs off)

+++

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Baff

Quote from: Barry on December 11, 2020, 10:18:31 AM
I was wrong the week after the referendum when I said, "I suppose there will be the two years of negotiations until we leave without a deal".

No, it's now four and a half years!
I have always expected a war to be required.

So far Farage has been doing an excellent job of proving me wrong.
Time will tell.

Thomas

and about as irish as you are deppity.

This forum seems to have had more than its fair share of so called "foreign " concern trolls over the last few years.

Screaming if you leave the eu it will be armageddon or you can only leave on our terms and conditions so that its merely BRINO for four years now is obviously a winning strategy.

I can see it any moment now , gerry cascarino has the english brexiters on the run and they are starting to crumble. :D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 11, 2020, 11:40:46 AM
Sorry but it is Britain who has been the nasty neighbour, several decades worth of xenophobic propaganda in the British press/media and from British politicians. Frankly I suspect Europe will be glad to see Britain leave.
From his point of view De Gaulle was right.
Don't start Goebbels.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

T00ts

Quote from: GerryT on December 11, 2020, 11:42:58 AM
:) :) :)  the UK doesn't get everything its own way and the EU is to blame. The UK is jumping off the cliff and inflicting self harm. Its going to get worse in Jan not better.
The UK lost 200b so far with brexit, expect more of that for the decades to come. But whatever you do own it, say we did this to ourselves and we're proud. Don't do the pathetic coward act and try blame others on your own actions. The EU owes you nothing, not doing a trade deal is not a punishment, it would be a great favour by the EU. The rhetoric coming from SOME, not all in the UK doesn't warrant any cooperation by the EU. Thats not bullying, you deserve zero, if you want something from the EU then your going to have to give something of equal value. In trade your miniature market isn't enough

No Gerry once again you miss the point. The UK won't submit to political union. Some of us were relatively happy to join the EEC but that has developed into a monster without the people having an opportunity to cast an opinion. We are out in all but name at present and still the EU fools think they can expect us to accept their legislation in future. That is what is wrong with the EU. You have ranted for ever saying that each State has it's sovereignty, yet here we are and it's the one thing the EU doesn't even recognise. They are scared beyond their wits just in case we make a success of it, and because we are on their doorstep imagine that they have rights over us because once we were a member. I would happily help row a boat to move us further away if it was possible.
I personally do not care if we have a mangled trade agreement with them or not, but the one thing that should be sacrosanct is our independence from foreign interference in our laws. The EU is trying to maintain that hold and this country has had enough of appeasement. My advice to the EU is don't push us. We don't like it.

DeppityDawg

:) :) :)  the UK doesn't get everything its own way and the EU is to blame. The UK is jumping off the cliff and inflicting self harm. Its going to get worse in Jan not better.
The UK lost 200b so far with brexit, expect more of that for the decades to come. But whatever you do own it, say we did this to ourselves and we're proud. Don't do the pathetic coward act and try blame others on your own actions. The EU owes you nothing, not doing a trade deal is not a punishment, it would be a great favour by the EU. The rhetoric coming from SOME, not all in the UK doesn't warrant any cooperation by the EU. Thats not bullying, you deserve zero, if you want something from the EU then your going to have to give something of equal value. In trade your miniature market isn't enough

Sheepy

LOL caution minefield ahead.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Tbird on December 11, 2020, 11:22:33 AM
Personally, I am disappointed that EU didn't start a serous rethink and deep reform after they have failed the referendum. Instead, they choose to try dragging everyone down, not pulling everyone up. 

What's a loser they are.