Finally they are admitting there will be no deal?

Started by Barry, December 04, 2020, 11:06:34 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 06:57:45 PMIf a country doesn't want to participate in an EU iniative they can opt out.

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 04:21:30 PMThe first been the EU is now looking to exclude both countries from the recovery fund

Opt out / exclude, why let the meaning of a word get in the way of a good story. 😂

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Thomas

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 07, 2020, 06:52:19 PM
Shocker!!

The EU removing something that they don't agree with, and you say they are democratic.
If a country doesn't want to participate in an EU iniative they can opt out. Hungary and Poland are saying no. Just like the uk opted out of the euro, schengen etc etc.
No shocker, plenty of precedence.

Yes the democratic bit is Hungary and Poland aren't being forced to take part. Unlike Scotland where Johnson is refusing them a right to hold a democratic vote.

Thomas

QuoteEU Planning to Deliberately Break International Law

The EU's new protectionist Data Governance Act, which was lleaked earlier this month, intends to force any new data sharing services or companies involved with "data altruism activities" to have physical offices in the EU in order to operate within the bloc, blocking out non-European based companies. Classic fortress Europe.

Yet under World Trade Organization rules, the EU has to allow foreign companies to access its data processing market from abroad. The WTO's rules specifically prevent members, of which the EU is one, from forcing foreign businesses to establish in a jurisdiction in order to trade there. Hosuk Lee-Makiyama, a trade-wonk at the European Centre for International Political Economy, points out Politico that "Not even China goes that far. China discriminates on the basis of the licence alone".

The EU getting on its high horse and lecturing Britain on a potential breach of international law as a result of the trade-facilitating Internal Market Bill, when they themselves are planning to break the law with their protectionist legislation, is more than a bit rich.

https://order-order.com/2020/11/20/eu-planning-to-deliberately-break-international-law/
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 04:21:30 PMThe first been the EU is now looking to exclude both countries from the recovery fund

Shocker!!

The EU removing something that they don't agree with, and you say they are democratic.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 07, 2020, 05:59:51 PMi told you all along we don't forget and we don't forgive when democracy is concerned. The EU made you keep voting until the Irish were crushed. We said we would take it up with the EU and did so. Long memory, which is a bit of a shame for politicians and especially the EU.
are you on medication ?

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 05:57:15 PM
What the hell are you talking about ????
i told you all along we don't forget and we don't forgive when democracy is concerned. The EU made you keep voting until the Irish were crushed. We said we would take it up with the EU and did so. Long memory, which is a bit of a shame for politicians and especially the EU.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 07, 2020, 05:55:59 PMNo you need a reminder, the EU crushed democracy in Ireland for their own means, no populist will forget that whatever the cost.
What the hell are you talking about ????

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 05:52:54 PM
Baff you need a little reminder.
The EU fought for IRL and resolved the IRL issue in the WA. Johnson signed that and now we have an international treaty with the UK saying there is no border on the island of Ireland. That is NOT dependant on any future trade deal, the UK being an honourable country will obviously abide by it's agreements.
But if the UK doesn't then the EU closes the shutters, the USA closes the shutters and well China, they prob aren't so happy with the UK over Hong Kong and that aircraft carrier being sent to the far east to join the USA in naval exercises. Why is the UK the USA's side kick, do you not find it embarrassing ? Why the hell are the UK going all around the world to do training, totally pissing off the Chinese, makes no sense when the New Global Britain is looking for new friends.  You could do that training north of Scotland.

Then you have a little rant about IRL beef ?? you need some sleep Baff.
No you need a reminder, the EU crushed democracy in Ireland for their own means, no populist will forget that whatever the cost.

GerryT

Quote from: Baff on December 07, 2020, 04:34:17 PMThey just screwed the deal you needed. Why? For their own self interests.
Next they are going to take your fish.
After that, they are going to take your tax haven away from you.

You are f**ked.
Expect them to ban your beef and dairy real soon.
Baff you need a little reminder.
The EU fought for IRL and resolved the IRL issue in the WA. Johnson signed that and now we have an international treaty with the UK saying there is no border on the island of Ireland. That is NOT dependant on any future trade deal, the UK being an honourable country will obviously abide by it's agreements.
But if the UK doesn't then the EU closes the shutters, the USA closes the shutters and well China, they prob aren't so happy with the UK over Hong Kong and that aircraft carrier being sent to the far east to join the USA in naval exercises. Why is the UK the USA's side kick, do you not find it embarrassing ? Why the hell are the UK going all around the world to do training, totally pissing off the Chinese, makes no sense when the New Global Britain is looking for new friends.  You could do that training north of Scotland.

Then you have a little rant about IRL beef ?? you need some sleep Baff.

Barry

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 04:21:30 PMEither way the EU will continue, it's a club of 27 countries, if 1 or 2 don't like it and try to scupper the club from within I think they will find themselves at the wrong ed of the argument.

Quote from: GerryT on December 07, 2020, 04:22:54 PM
Why oh why would you think that, the EU remains steadfast behind IRL.
You see the EU is IRL, the EU is POL the EU is HU, you've told us all before. Like the 27 musketeers, all for one and one for all.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Baff on December 07, 2020, 04:34:17 PM
They just screwed the deal you needed. Why? For their own self interests.

You are f**ked.

I would suggest not posting when under the influence of hallucinogens.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Sheepy

Meanwhile Sinn Fein is being whittled down and evicted as subversives, homophobes and probably much worse, not that the EU don't want anyone playing them up.

Sheepy

Quote from: Baff on December 07, 2020, 04:34:17 PM
They just screwed the deal you needed. Why? For their own self interests.

You are f**ked.
Nope Gerry will be along with some spin, about how it was master Irish plan.