Gunboats you say? I do indeed

Started by Sheepy, December 12, 2020, 11:12:27 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:08:42 AM
The catholic community saw this as a irresponsible act and practically 0 catholics voted. It was a sham election and in Irish terms it was rigged from the start. Nobody showed up to vote. Like i said never

irrelevant .Every nationalist could have taken part and they still wouldnt have won as eveyrone know , and i already pointed out previously.

The mechnics of the referndum doesnt matter , the point is you said northern ireland hasnt told you they want to stay part of the uk , and the 1973 referendum shows you are wrong , and more to the point you didnt even know about it and you werent clued up enough to check first without replying to nick.

What a feckin fraud you are gerry.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 09:02:39 AM
Your more interested in debating the poster and not the post.

cause you are a sock puppet concern troll who is fooling no one . I have just dismantled two of your posts , so you respond with utter horseshit about your personal family history invented fantasy. Not interested in your diversions.

The uk is leaving the eu , like it or feckin lump it .

Mod edit

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 08:43:31 AM
liar.
The catholic community saw this as a irresponsible act and practically 0 catholics voted. It was a sham election and in Irish terms it was rigged from the start. Nobody showed up to vote. Like i said never

GerryT

Quote from: Thomas on December 23, 2020, 08:39:53 AM
neither does gerry , not only because he isnt irish but english , but because northern ireland means nothing to him except as a tool to beat brexiters with.

He spends half his time on here demanding england stop brexit because of northern ireland , then when someone calls him out and says ok , northern ireland can leave then if it doesnt want to brexit with the rest of the uk , he runs off screaming no , we dont want  northern irleand to leave the uk either , we want to use northern ireland to keep england  in the eu.

Another labour party concern troll posing as a foreigner , who posts suspicously like a former forum member who was banned a long time ago on our old forum .
Your more interested in debating the poster and not the post.
Its because i was born raised and live my adult life in Ireland (Dublin) i have s better understanding of NI. i work there at times, have relatives in Donegal and unless you have a very good point to make i cant see you adding to my understanding of how people on the ground think.
NI is divided but not like it was 40 or 50 yrs ago, the GFA helped that to hppen, ignoring brexit and looking at whats best for the people of NI is to let them decided, when if ever they hold a vote for reunification. They may never but if they can find a way to live together in peace and the two communites become one then thats what I support. The UK fuc*ed the place up, no argument there, they don't get to do that again as a means to let the UK have a clean break. On a order of importance and priority brexit is below NI, once you start to accept that then the frustration and shouting will stop.
I would welcome a united ireland but its a decision for the people of NI alone, hopefully in time thats what happens but no outside pressure from the UK to solve their Brexit woes is welcome.

The UK dont give 1 toss about NI, look at what Johnson has done, hes put a border up between NI and the UK. What does this mean  first NI people will need a passport to travel within their country, or at best a form of ID ? WTF !! Second they need to follow EU rules if a family member in the UK comes to visit with a family pet, so fido will need to goto a vet 4 months before travelling from Scotland to NI to have all its shots and trandport paperwork filled out. Business in NI have to follow EU rules and oversight by the EU, I think thats a great advantage but some unionist business men up there will be spitting blood. Johnson has half chopped off NI, what other country would be so vindictive and mercenary in achieving what they wanted.

Thomas

...and you probably wont know this , but before you bleat about republicans boycotting it  gerry , the republicans knew they never had a chance of winning , and the 1973 referendum had a higher turnout than the 1918 uk general election ( in percentage terms), and almost matched the turnout in your hero tory blairs victory in 2001.

So nick is correct and you are wrong , Northern ireland has told you they dont want to leave the uk and rejoin the republic , and its only recently the 100 year old unionist majority has went below the 50% threshold.

...but we wont know if they want to join the republic  Just now will we , because people like you dont want them having a referendum as you want to use them as a stick to beat bexiters with. ;D

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 08:40:49 AM
Never

liar.

Quote1973 Northern Ireland border poll

Referendum results Choice    Votes    %
Referendum passed Do you want Northern Ireland to remain part of the United Kingdom?    591,820    98.90
Do you want Northern Ireland to be joined with the Republic of Ireland outside the United Kingdom?    6,423    1.10
Valid votes    598,283    99.01
Invalid or blank votes    5,973    0.99
Total votes    604,256    100.00
Registered voters and turnout

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:20:21 AM
How many times have they told you they don't want a united Ireland?
Never

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on December 23, 2020, 02:20:21 AM

neither does gerry , not only because he isnt irish but english , but because northern ireland means nothing to him except as a tool to beat brexiters with.

He spends half his time on here demanding england stop brexit because of northern ireland , then when someone calls him out and says ok , northern ireland can leave then if it doesnt want to brexit with the rest of the uk , he runs off screaming no , we dont want  northern irleand to leave the uk either , we want to use northern ireland to keep england  in the eu.

Another labour party concern troll posing as a foreigner , who posts suspicously like a former forum member who was banned a long time ago on our old forum .

Thomas

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 08:41:03 PM
That would be hard, if NI leaves then the UK no longer exists. Will whats left go back to being called GB.

The uk will no longer exist?

Dont talk utter crap gerry.

I do laugh at you at times coming on here , constantly telling us you are irish , constantly emphasising you are living in ireland , but can't spell the well known irish word "craic" , never talk about irish politics , (while spending all your time talking in depth about english/eu politics)and also dont have a clue about irelands history.

Ireland was annexed to the kingdom of england in 1542 by an act of parliament as a result of the tudor re conquest. So from 1542 , to 1801 , Ireland was legally part of the kingdom of England .

The united kingdom designates the union of the kingdom of scotland , unconquered by england , in 1707 , with the three nation kingdom of England . All that happened over the period between 1542 and 1801 , was as the absolute power of the english monarchy waned , and the rule of the kingdom became more and more under the power of  english parliament , the english needed a further political union with ireland in 1801 , as the non native colonial parliament in Dublin had become more and more independent of the english kings rule.

So if northern ireland left the uk  , the united kingdom would still exist contrary to what you are saying as the united kingdom predates the 1801 union with the colonial dublin parliament .

Honestly mate if you are going to pretend to be irish , you really must try and do a wee bit better a job of it rather than constantly screaming about brexit  , english politics and pleading with everyone to believe you are a paddy. ;D

Just over a week to go .

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 01:41:43 AM
I'd welcome a united Ireland when the people of NI want that.
I live in Ireland so no plunge required.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on December 23, 2020, 01:36:03 AMIn short, you want an united Ireland but don't have the balls to take the plunge.

You poor little sod
I'd welcome a united Ireland when the people of NI want that.
I live in Ireland so no plunge required.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on December 23, 2020, 01:20:28 AM
No that's the solution where GB gets what it wants and tramples all over NI, without a care for the damage. This is not about GB, nothing to do with them, so step back and sit on the side line until the people involved make a decision.
NI will, in it's own time, without pressure, enticement or coercion will decide when and if a vote will take place. Until then NI will hold a special status, one foot in the UK and one foot in Ireland (the EU). The island of Ireland will be a single unit with the free flow of goods and people, jobs etc... We will hold our football leagues and teams from NI will participate. Maybe in a couple of decades when the history of 1960's to 2000 washes off will people be ready to decide if they want the UK or Ireland.

In short, you want an united Ireland but don't have the balls to take the plunge. :)

You poor little sod
Algerie Francais !

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 10:49:06 PMGerry is as smart as they come, he will have a plan to cover it, if not the EU will make up the difference for sure.
Don't be silly, the brits made a compete balls of NI, let us run the place and we'll have their wages lifted to what people in Ireland earn. About a 30% lift.

NI is in a unique position being in the EU and UK, if the UK can't manage to get massive FDI investment into NI over the next 5 yrs it will show that either the UK is useless or deliberately holding regions back.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on December 22, 2020, 10:28:18 PMNo Gerry it's simple there should be a vote,do you wish to remain part of the U.K. or not.

That means if you vote stay the border goes up if nay you unite,anyone who wants to remain Brits move here or put up with unification.
No that's the solution where GB gets what it wants and tramples all over NI, without a care for the damage. This is not about GB, nothing to do with them, so step back and sit on the side line until the people involved make a decision.
NI will, in it's own time, without pressure, enticement or coercion will decide when and if a vote will take place. Until then NI will hold a special status, one foot in the UK and one foot in Ireland (the EU). The island of Ireland will be a single unit with the free flow of goods and people, jobs etc... We will hold our football leagues and teams from NI will participate. Maybe in a couple of decades when the history of 1960's to 2000 washes off will people be ready to decide if they want the UK or Ireland.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 22, 2020, 10:33:10 PM
If that is what the Irish want then it is only fair that they should have it. It will mean at least a 17% drop in the average wage in the Republic but as Gerry will be the first to admit, somethings are more important than money.

:) :) :)
Gerry is as smart as they come, he will have a plan to cover it, if not the EU will make up the difference for sure.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!