Buying British?

Started by T00ts, December 13, 2020, 12:14:47 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on June 19, 2021, 11:16:22 PM
And despite Cornwall being built on great reefs of the stuff, there are no lithium battery manufacturers in the UK.

Give it a few years ...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: morayloon on June 20, 2021, 02:31:08 AM
Nationalists held the seat till 2017.

And then Moray returned to its true loyalty. :) :)
Algerie Francais !

morayloon

Quote from: Borchester on June 19, 2021, 11:25:15 PM
Not to worry Dolly.
Moray is only teasing. She talks a fine battle, but at the end of day the good people of Moray have always demonstrated their loyalty to the union by electing Tories such as Douglas Ross, currently leader of the Scottish Conservative Party.
A wee bit of history. The Moray constituency was formed for the 1983 election, won by the Tories. They held it for one term when, in 1987, the SNP took over. The Nationalists held the seat till 2017.
In Holyrood Moray has always (since 1999) been held by the SNP.

Borchester

Quote from: morayloon on June 19, 2021, 09:55:12 PM
I never buy anything with a Union Flag on it. 'If it's got a jack put it back' as the saying goes.
There used to be a lot of Scottish produce available in supermarkets now everything seems to be emblazoned with the Butcher's Apron.
Forcing Unionism down our throats will only serve to drive more people into the Nationalist fold ... keep it up!

Not to worry Dolly.
Quote from: cromwell on June 19, 2021, 10:56:28 PM
That's ok loon I suppose if you gain independence and go in to another Union sme English might do the same when they see a saltire.

Moray is only teasing. She talks a fine battle, but at the end of day the good people of Moray have always demonstrated their loyalty to the union by electing Tories such as Douglas Ross, currently leader of the Scottish Conservative Party.
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Tricky

Went to buy a lithium battery for Madam's mobility scooter and discovered that there would be a six week wait because they come from China by windjammer. Which is amazing when you consider how fast the Chinese delivered the Peking Pox. And despite Cornwall being built on great reefs of the stuff, there are no lithium battery manufacturers in the UK.

I thought that I would outflank the Yellow Peril by downloading a copy of Micah Toll's DIY Lithium Batteries: How to Build Your Own Battery Packs. Unfortunately, the book appears to advise that the best way to build a large Lithium battery is from lots of small lithium batteries. And it recommends buying the batteries from AliExpress. Which represents Chinese manufacturers. Who will put my order on the next available windjammer.....
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: morayloon on June 19, 2021, 09:55:12 PM
I never buy anything with a Union Flag on it. 'If it's got a jack put it back' as the saying goes.
There used to be a lot of Scottish produce available in supermarkets now everything seems to be emblazoned with the Butcher's Apron.
Forcing Unionism down our throats will only serve to drive more people into the Nationalist fold ... keep it up!
That's ok loon I suppose if you gain independence and go in to another Union sme English might do the same when they see a saltire.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

morayloon

Sheepy

Quote from: cromwell on December 14, 2020, 10:19:11 AMAnywayI have a sense that many in the country young and old are in the mood to say up yours to the eu and its negotiating.
We will have to get tough with them, you can't do that, it is always the other way around. Merkel has been told apparently, we are a disgrace sabre rattling, I guess they still think we are joking then.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on December 14, 2020, 10:19:11 AMHa remember it well I was just 18 had the union flag on my denim jacket ........and was mistaken for a member of the nf

Well who knew? In the days before he became Ken Clarke, Cromwell was a fascist too  :D

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on December 13, 2020, 07:15:17 PM
Went to Boots today, Mrs B wanted a Denman hair brush - £8.50
Boots had a similar one of their "own make" £6.

Denman made in UK.
Boots made in - you got it - China.

I advised buying British and she did. I'm prepared to pay to support Britain.
I remember "I'm backing Britain"...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27m_Backing_Britain

...and I'm happy to do it again.

Ha remember it well I was just 18 had the union flag on my denim jacket ........and was mistaken for a member of the nf ???
AnywayI have a sense that many in the country young and old are in the mood to say up yours to the eu and its negotiating.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 14, 2020, 09:03:12 AM
Does this mean Manalo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and Christian Laboutin are out then?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 07:40:01 PM
We have a saying in my family 'buy cheap buy twice'. It's surprising how often it works out to be true.

BOGOF
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts on December 13, 2020, 07:40:01 PM
We have a saying in my family 'buy cheap buy twice'. It's surprising how often it works out to be true.

Does this mean Manalo Blahnik, Jimmy Choo and Christian Laboutin are out then?

T00ts

Denman made in UK.

Nick

Denman made in UK.

Unfortunately I'm not at the McLaren P1 buying stage yet Barry. 😂
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.