The US is getting a little crazier

Started by Sheepy, December 13, 2020, 11:35:20 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: HDQQ on January 04, 2021, 11:39:14 AM
If Trump manages to sway the result and overturn the democratic result, then by his way of thinking he will have 'won' because he's outsmarted all the 'little men' who disagreed with him.

If the Senate elections in Georgia today deprive the Republicans of their Senate majority, does that take immediate effect?  If so, could Congress vote to declare Trump as unfit for office, fire him and install Pence for the last few days of the term? Just musing on the possibility - I don't know if it would be possible.

just think quackers.

If trump manages to do the impossible in yank land over his election loss , what hope will it give you over brexit?

Do you think remainers might be able to hire trumps lawyers to overturn democracy here?

You could even pass laws banning the scottish us having any more indy refs , secure britain  , and have jo swinsons result overturned and all future elections in scotland stitched up in favour of the limp dems?

Just musing the possibility !
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

HDQQ

If Trump manages to sway the result and overturn the democratic result, then by his way of thinking he will have 'won' because he's outsmarted all the 'little men' who disagreed with him.

If the Senate elections in Georgia today deprive the Republicans of their Senate majority, does that take immediate effect?  If so, could Congress vote to declare Trump as unfit for office, fire him and install Pence for the last few days of the term? Just musing on the possibility - I don't know if it would be possible.
Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 03, 2021, 10:36:12 PM
Big white supremacist gangs going round burning BLM flags and the like today. Nothing on the BBC news tonight strangely enough.

I can't find recent references to that anywhere.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nick on January 03, 2021, 10:36:12 PM
Big white supremacist gangs going round burning BLM flags and the like today. Nothing on the BBC news tonight strangely enough.

Ooh. Hopefully this will spread to Bristol by the weekend ...

I read a meme on arsebook over the weekend which brightened my day considerably. So black T@@@ Hamilton collected a knighthood ... Which means he had to take a knee before an incredibly wealthy white doddery old biddy... I bet he enjoyed that...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 10:25:58 PM
The man is an idiot who should be summarily booted out IMO, demanding votes be found without reason and encouraging utter dickheads on to the streets to cling on to power.

When he won I said to all the naysayer he won fairly under the US system,I don't like Biden  but that ain't the issue because similarly Biden won fair and square,no it's not a pretty sight and makes the worlds no 1 super power look like a banana republic.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

The man is an idiot who should be summarily booted out IMO, demanding votes be found without reason and encouraging utter dickheads on to the streets to cling on to power.

When he won I said to all the naysayer he won fairly under the US system,I don't like Biden  but that ain't the issue because similarly Biden won fair and square,no it's not a pretty sight and makes the worlds no 1 super power look like a banana republic.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

HDQQ

Formerly known as Hyperduck Quack Quack.
I might not be an expert but I do know enough to correct you when you're wrong!

Sheepy

Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!