Appeasing never pays.

Started by T00ts, December 15, 2020, 02:41:38 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 04:04:54 PM
"Get Brexit Done" is rapidly turning into Britain will be done by Brexit.

Use sound bites to win over stupid people. One of the first rules in the propaganda manual.

Well we will see wont we  whether we 'get done by Brexit' but really you  like Corbyn  do/did not realised we didnt need winning over .We  (leavers) were 17 million votes there for the taking and Corbyn just  ignored it  .

Sheepy

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 04:04:54 PM

Use sound bites to win over stupid people. One of the first rules in the propaganda manual.
Got one of them have you smurfy as well, personally I think we have taken every project fear dreamed up in our stride and struck back at the right time and not before. I wouldn't want you all thinking we didn't point any of it out and saying we never saw anything.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 15, 2020, 03:58:08 PM
Do keep up Papa , Johnson was the only candidate promising to carry out the result of the referendum  .   

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 03:36:45 PM
I not wrong, what collective sin British people have done to end up with a lying bumbling idiot who is not fit to be in public office let alone Prime Minister is something that needs explaining.

Do keep up Papa , Johnson was the only candidate promising to carry out the result of the referendum  .   

Whether he will or not remains to be seen . Has he played a blinder as toots suggests or is he just another tory europhile  who knows if he comes clean on the deal he has has done hes toast ?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 03:46:46 PM
That response is all the more interesting for what you have omitted.

I omitted things that would get me barred.  How anyone can trust Bojo-The-Clown with his track record frankly mystifies me.  I know there are a lot of stupid people in Britain I just did not realise there were enough of them to put Bojo-The-Clown into Number 10.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 03:36:45 PM
I not wrong, what collective sin British people have done to end up with a lying bumbling idiot who is not fit to be in public office let alone Prime Minister is something that needs explaining.

That response is all the more interesting for what you have omitted.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 03:31:06 PM
You do know you are wrong don't you? That's why you go off on one each time he's mentioned. You make me believe you are a communist deep down.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 03:29:14 PM
I started to worry about people who can't see what a waste of space Bojo-The-Clown is a long time ago.

You do know you are wrong don't you? That's why you go off on one each time he's mentioned. You make me believe you are a communist deep down.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 03:24:07 PM
Do you know I am starting to worry about you.

I started to worry about people who can't see what a waste of space Bojo-The-Clown is a long time ago.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 03:22:32 PM
"Our Place" in the World post Brexit will be the same as being adrift in a hurricane force 12 storm in a leaky lifeboat.
The only useful service Bojo-The-Clown could do is do the decent thing with a revolver and a bottle of Whisky.

Do you know I am starting to worry about you.

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 02:41:38 PM
BJ but if he manages to pull this off and get the EU to recognise not only our place in the world but their own, he will have done everyone a service. Fingers crossed!

"Our Place" in the World post Brexit will be the same as being adrift in a hurricane force 12 storm in a leaky lifeboat.
The only useful service Bojo-The-Clown could do is do the decent thing with a revolver and a bottle of Whisky.

T00ts

For months, nay years, we have been bombarded by past and present politicians as well as unashamedly remain lobbyists, that we would have to accept whatever the EU decide would be our fate after leaving. For a while even I began to believe their chants.

Here we are and BJ has apparently convinced enough of the EU that he and thereby us, is mad enough to leave no deal. After months of impasse, voices can be heard singing dulcet tones of compromise and once blocked negotiations are running on parallel lines once more. Will it be enough or will the EU make one last stand in the name of domination? We have given enough away over the tortuous process, in the name of being good and friendly neighbours, but now we need to close our front door and only opening it when the EU knocks politely.

What are the chances that Macron will have one last swing of his sledge hammer (12lb of course if he can pick one up) discussion tactics? Is the fat lady singing loudly enough yet? Will Macron be left as the odd man out with his ridiculous demands and eventually cowed into submission as other members, particularly Merkel, leave him on the side-lines, or even dish him up intimidating British Cod followed by spotted dick, for his next EU banquet?

Appeasement never works! We have had enough experience of it in our past but have forgotten that lesson in recent times. I have many reservations about BJ but if he manages to pull this off and get the EU to recognise not only our place in the world but their own, he will have done everyone a service. Fingers crossed!