Appeasing never pays.

Started by T00ts, December 15, 2020, 02:41:38 PM

« previous - next »

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 15, 2020, 09:21:41 PM
It is this politicians/media business.The politicians say something which the media publishes and then the politicians believe because it has appeared in the media. Or else it appears in the media and the politicians decide that it is the voice of the electorate.And the media forgets that they have written or broadcast the stuff and they start to believe it.

The problem is that neither politicians or media are anywhere near as cynical as we hope. In fact the real cynics are the electorate who tend not to tell either Whitehall or Grub Street much of anything until they have left the polling booth.

I don't know how things stand now, but that used to be BoJo great strength. He might not have known what the man or woman in the street wanted, but he usually had a pretty shrewd idea of what they didn't.
We know how it works, say anything and they turn it into a circus, hand them a lifeline they bite your hand.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 08:54:59 PM
Poor chap. He set all his store on the EU listening and reforming while he categorically announced his intention to stay. It all went wrong right at the beginning. Listening to him now he comes across as patently naïve. No wonder he ran after the result. Even now the EU will not reform and probably never will. It will be too late when it implodes. They have had chance after chance.

It is this politicians/media business.The politicians say something which the media publishes and then the politicians believe because it has appeared in the media. Or else it appears in the media and the politicians decide that it is the voice of the electorate.And the media forgets that they have written or broadcast the stuff and they start to believe it.

The problem is that neither politicians or media are anywhere near as cynical as we hope. In fact the real cynics are the electorate who tend not to tell either Whitehall or Grub Street much of anything until they have left the polling booth.

I don't know how things stand now, but that used to be BoJo great strength. He might not have known what the man or woman in the street wanted, but he usually had a pretty shrewd idea of what they didn't. 
Algerie Francais !

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 08:54:59 PM
Poor chap. He set all his store on the EU listening and reforming while he categorically announced his intention to stay. It all went wrong right at the beginning. Listening to him now he comes across as patently naïve. No wonder he ran after the result. Even now the EU will not reform and probably never will. It will be too late when it implodes. They have had chance after chance.

For sure the EU are wishing they had given him the crumb he needed to come home with some half baked reform. Good ole Nige certainly knows how to hold those feet to the fire.  ;D
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on December 15, 2020, 08:03:33 PM
Sounds fairly final to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUsKWsPcRXE

Nick

Streetwalker

Quote from: Sheepy on December 15, 2020, 07:51:02 PM
Remember when all we heard was, we need to know what you want, but we told you leave the EU, well no you cannot have that, come back with something else, oh OK then, we want something different, oh no you cannot have that. we want you to respect democracy, nope you certainly cannot have that.

They're still trying to feck us over even at this late stage Sheepy .And even if we do manage to get it over the line they have shut all the pubs and put us under house arrest .

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 04:56:25 PM
17 million votes is not a majority of the electorate,

Neither is 16 million but one is bigger than the other so change the record.

Sheepy

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 15, 2020, 07:04:20 PM
Well despite the even smaller minority of remoaners , every major political party , Theresa Mayhem ,British Judges  and  the house of the  Ermine wearing nearly dead Ill take responsibility .

You can thank me later
Remember when all we heard was, we need to know what you want, but we told you leave the EU, well no you cannot have that, come back with something else, oh OK then, we want something different, oh no you cannot have that. we want you to respect democracy, nope you certainly cannot have that.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on December 15, 2020, 05:37:14 PM
It isn't a dead argument at all.  Those minority 17 million or so will have to take full responsibility for the impending disaster, whether they like it or not.

Well despite the even smaller minority of remoaners , every major political party , Theresa Mayhem ,British Judges  and  the house of the  Ermine wearing nearly dead Ill take responsibility .

You can thank me later

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on December 15, 2020, 05:00:49 PM
That is and always had been a completely dead argument. In any case it is a complete waste of your typing fingers. That boat has sailed.

It isn't a dead argument at all.  Those minority 17 million or so will have to take full responsibility for the impending disaster, whether they like it or not.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

That is and always has been a completely dead argument. In any case it is a complete waste of your typing fingers. That boat has sailed.

Streetwalker

No ,but it helps you win an election .

Sheepy

Fecking tories smurfy, I feel this heading downhill fast, by the way they moved Tory HQ up North, so it must be those Northern bastards.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 15, 2020, 04:54:10 PM
Well we will see wont we  whether we 'get done by Brexit' but really you  like Corbyn  do/did not realised we didnt need winning over .We  (leavers) were 17 million votes there for the taking and Corbyn just  ignored it  .

papasmurf