UNICEF should be Ashamed..For Feeding Deserving Hungry Kids: Rees Mogg

Started by Dynamis, December 18, 2020, 05:25:38 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2020, 09:29:15 PM
Does all this mean that I am the only true blue here?
Hmmm. Probably.
According to Cornwall HQ, I'm over to the right of Atilla the Hun.

PS cannot understand the use of the English Language, when pointed out he it wrong, it's spin. As I said the other day, I'll have my say, but it's pointless trying to educate the unteachable.

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 09:18:20 PM
If you dont know my politics then dont stick labels . I'll correct you , your wrong .

Does all this mean that I am the only true blue here?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 08:50:39 PM
Having been here since maybe Nov 2019 and having talked to you maybe a handful of times, no of course not. Am I supposed to intimately know your politics?

Or am I some banned poster from 1996 now or whatever. Or Irish or Indian or all the above? Yes all the above, so like, an EU troll plant who works for some big corporate and is simultaneously black and indian, and irish. We gotcha.

You come across as disgruntled Tory Brexiter who reluctantly supported UKIP, then BXP etc, but correct me if I'm wrong. And you state you don't trust the modern Tory party because they've gone wrong, but you seem to support Bojo,

If you dont know my politics then dont stick labels . I'll correct you , your wrong .

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on December 18, 2020, 08:39:40 PM
Vulnerable people!

So there are no vulnerable people, even though the Tories themselves say there are, and that more should be done to feed them? So you are saying the Tories themselves are lying about the extent of the problem?

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
LOL a fecking Tory,  You havnt been taking notice all these years have you ?

Having been here since maybe Nov 2019 and having talked to you maybe a handful of times, no of course not. Am I supposed to intimately know your politics?

Or am I some banned poster from 1996 now or whatever. Or Irish or Indian or all the above? Yes all the above, so like, an EU troll plant who works for some big corporate and is simultaneously black and indian, and irish. We gotcha.

You come across as disgruntled Tory Brexiter who reluctantly supported UKIP, then BXP etc, but correct me if I'm wrong. And you state you don't trust the modern Tory party because they've gone wrong, but you seem to support Bojo, it's hypocritical but it's the story up and down the country I suppose.

Quote from: cromwell on December 18, 2020, 08:43:43 PM
Certainly hasn't......you a tory  ;D ;D,but some posters haven't changed or found any balance. ;)

..And are perpetually angry..  :D ;D

Quote from: T00ts on December 18, 2020, 08:40:03 PM
I have always felt the Trussel Trust was a bit suspect and in researching them found this article of some interest in some people's favourite paper. Granted it's a year old but...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/25/big-business-food-banks-subsidise-reputation

Now that is interesting, thanks for that.

I agree with a lot of the criticisms contained therein, and that is an unusually good article by the grauniad.

I agree that foodbanks are suspect, as is the entire 'corporate' charitable sector, more often than not 'philanthropy' is a cover to make big corporates look warm and cuddly, and to give 10% of their "donations" to the actual folk who need it....

And is more often than not a way of entrenching inequality; their action means that the "big society" fills in where the govt is failing and therefore means the govt can cut even more and get away with it, whereas the extreme headlines for the govt IF more people were going hungry would acutally force the govt to do more via extremely bad PR for the govt.

All of that is true.

At the same time, yes, Tories bad Tories bad... look at papa's graph. He's not wrong is he?

Just because the foodbanks and charitable sector are corrupt, does not exonerate these corrupt bloody Tory scum of their wrongdoing and dunking of millions into poverty does it..... and just because NEw Labour failed, once again, does not mean the Tories get a free pass as "the best we've got".

No, we could do so much better.
+++

cromwell

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 08:38:20 PM

Certainly hasn't......you a tory  ;D ;D,but some posters haven't changed or found any balance. ;)
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

I have always felt the Trussel Trust was a bit suspect and in researching them found this article of some interest in some people's favourite paper. Granted it's a year old but...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/mar/25/big-business-food-banks-subsidise-reputation

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 18, 2020, 08:13:25 PM
Rubbish, Tory austerity, cuts and a hostile environment towards poor and vulnerable people caused the massive increase.

Vulnerable people!

https://images.app.goo.gl/DXvrCteHUyHxR4bJ9

Nothing to do with people wrongly prioritising their spending. Absolute poverty comes down but food bank use goes up. How'd you explain that? And by explain I do mean explain.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Dynamis on December 18, 2020, 08:28:21 PM
Well of course you do, you're a bloody Tory.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 08:01:45 PM
All the same these charities ,only hand out the crumbs of what they receive to whom they deem deserving most of which has political undertones which I guess is what JGM is on about .

As for hungry kids , I blame the parents

Well of course you do, you're a bloody Tory.

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 18, 2020, 08:03:54 PM
Just because they handing out more food doesnt mean its needed . Are truffle trust indeed encouraging dependency on hand outs ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/conservatives-general-election-marginals-public-funding-money-a9201141.html

Of course it's not needed, that's why Rishi Sunak stepped in to try and make sure hungry children didn't go hungry as he said himself, according to you that's enough, but according to Tories themselves "nothing is enough" and they will never stop until they "eradicate poverty", ie until every poor person is dead.  :P

Which one is it? Are you confused yet? I'm certainly not.

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 07:43:43 PM
The Trussell Trust was formed in 1997 and first worked abroad, by 2010 they had a UK network of food relief programmes.
All under the Blairites.

Well look at papa's graph, true the original post he edited out showed a 200%+ increase in 2007 but that was due to the global financial crisis, which yes Labour fucked up, but as usual the Tories would've fucked it up 10 times worse and if you don't believe me then read this -

https://www.google.com/search?q=freeing+britain+to+compete+2007+tories&oq=freeing+britain+to+compete+2007+tories&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l4.3448j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Pick your source.

...Even greater deregulation. Tory policies circa 2007.

QED. Labour are total utter shite but as usual the Tories are that + 10.

Anyway, carry on with the "Labour bad Labour bad" "Remainers bad, caused all the world's problems" etc stuff.

Remember, Labour bad, Remainers bad, Irish bad etc. That's the playbook on here.
+++

Good old

Take a look at Smurfs chart. Take note that 28,000 users grew to 1.9 million in the period of Tory rule,  then blame Labour , because the idea of food banks  came about as an answer to a problem no government had ever completely eradicated. when they had power . And then stick your head back in the sand.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 18, 2020, 08:12:02 PM

Came to prevalence in 2006 and the numbers grew rapidly into 2008 under Labour.

That is rubbish and you know it. There were very few food banks and very few people needing them until the Tories got in May 2010.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on December 18, 2020, 08:05:05 PM
But you said:And the Tories did not cause the need for food banks. Labour did that.
So  look in the mirror to see the sultan of spin.

Rubbish, Tory austerity, cuts and a hostile environment towards poor and vulnerable people caused the massive increase.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 18, 2020, 07:24:30 PM
It is Jacob Rees Mogg who should be ashamed, being part of government that has caused the need for food banks.
He must have missed the Red Cross has been in Britain for several years helping with delivering food to the poor.

Don't let the truth get in the way of an attack on the Tories.

Food banks

Started in the US 1967

Came to prevalence in 2006 and the numbers grew rapidly into 2008 under Labour. Because of the global price increase of food, nothing to do with the Tories.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.