Sovereignty is pathetic

Started by Streetwalker, December 20, 2020, 03:59:56 PM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 04:55:40 PM
With the inbuilt delays to the export of fresh fish and live shellfish.  Effectively they can't be exported. That is the sort of regulation that happens when the negotiators on both sides of the table have no practical knowledge.[/quite]

Why? They've been exporting to the EU for decades, all of a sudden it's a physical impossibility.

Where the EU is going to get deficit from is their problem.

They are clearly going to buy from the same source, again rubbishing your first statement.

Who told you the UK is gearing up to expand the fleet?

This shows you haven't read the OP.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 04:50:09 PM
From the link, I suggest you go to Specsavers:- Last updated 23 December 2020

And the deal was agreed on the 24th, hence the reason I said since the deal was done.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 04:29:24 PM
In the meantime answer me this.

The EU imports more than half a million tons of fish from the U.K., where are they going to get this fish from if we can't export our catch?
When they lose their first 15% quota next year where are the EU going to get this deficit from?
Why are the U.K. gearing up to expand our fleet?

With the inbuilt delays to the export of fresh fish and live shellfish.  Effectively they can't be exported. That is the sort of regulation that happens when the negotiators on both sides of the table have no practical knowledge.
Where the EU is going to get deficit from is their problem.
Who told you the UK is gearing up to expand the fleet?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 04:13:23 PM
Nice try but you're not fooling anyone. This document was created in September and has not been updated since the deal was agreed.
I ask again, where does it say in the 'NEW DEAL' that fish is excluded from the hundred percent zero tariff deal?

From the link, I suggest you go to Specsavers:- Last updated 23 December 2020

Nick

In the meantime answer me this.

The EU imports more than half a million tons of fish from the U.K., where are they going to get this fish from if we can't export our catch?
When they lose their first 15% quota next year where are the EU going to get this deficit from?
Why are the U.K. gearing up to expand our fleet?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 03:27:09 PM
Nick I have already explained and referenced the problems that will happen, they are not my opinion they are detailed fact.
If you did not bother to read them, tough, I am not going to keep reposting references.

Edited to add, just published, it is worse than I thought:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-fish-to-the-eu-from-1-january-2021?utm_campaign=transition_p3g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=seg&utm_content=ala_act52&gclid=CN-brY776-0CFYm8GwodSBQEUw

Nice try but you're not fooling anyone. This document was created in September and has not been updated since the deal was agreed.
I ask again, where does it say in the 'NEW DEAL' that fish is excluded from the hundred percent zero tariff deal?

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on December 26, 2020, 03:22:21 PM
And where in the deal does it say we can't sell our fish to the EU? Or is this another of your opinions Christmas wrapped as fact.

Nick I have already explained and referenced the problems that will happen, they are not my opinion they are detailed fact.
If you did not bother to read them, tough, I am not going to keep reposting references.

Edited to add, just published, it is worse than I thought:-

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-fish-to-the-eu-from-1-january-2021?utm_campaign=transition_p3g&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=seg&utm_content=ala_act52&gclid=CN-brY776-0CFYm8GwodSBQEUw

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 02:15:35 PM
Borchester you may think you are being funny by frankly you are just being stupid. The rise in fish quota is useless unless there is still a seamless route to export it to the EU. Currently there is not.

And where in the deal does it say we can't sell our fish to the EU? Or is this another of your opinions Christmas wrapped as fact.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 02:31:37 PM
I reckon that if opportunity knocked then Pappy would complain about the noise  :)

The only opportunity apparent currently is the opportunity to get poorer.

Sheepy

Quote from: Thomas on December 26, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
The more i see of sir keir , the more i like borkie.

He is like a poor mans version of ed milliband , and the lefties in the party hate his guts , which can't be bad.
A bit like the good old days then, all the different revolutionary factions tussling over who rules the roost. Will Joe Stalin win this time or will it be one of the others. Will those sent across no man's land with no rifle pick one up or be machine gunned trying to retreat by the politicos.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 26, 2020, 02:31:37 PM
I reckon that if opportunity knocked then Pappy would complain about the noise  :)

I don't think Starmer is tearing the Labour party apart. I figure that the poor sod is just standing there aghast as he realises that is what the brothers and sisters really like doing.

The more i see of sir keir , the more i like borkie.

He is like a poor mans version of ed milliband , and the lefties in the party hate his guts , which cant be bad.

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

53,000 lefties meet at the labour party conference for a "lefties  Are Not Stupid" convention.

Angela Rayner addresses the crowd: "We are all here today to prove to the world that lefties are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer please?"

Starmer gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage. Rayner asks him "What is 15 plus 15?" After 20 seconds
Starmer says "Eighteen!"

Obviously everyone is a little disappointed. Then the lefties start chanting "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

Rayner says "Well since we have a capacity crowd, world-wide press and global broadcast media here, I think we can give him another chance. So he
asks "What is 5 plus 5?" After nearly 30 seconds Starmer eventually says "Ninety?"

Rayner looks down and lets out a dejected sigh. Everyone is disheartened and Starmer starts crying. But then the 53,000 lefties begin to yell and
wave their hands shouting "Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

Rayner , unsure whether she is now doing more harm than good eventually says "OK, what is 2 plus 2?" Silence hangs over the conference hall.
Starmer closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says "Four?"

Pandemonium breaks out throughout the conference hall as the lefty crowd stand, wave their arms, stomp their feet and scream
"Give him another chance! Give him another chance!"

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas on December 26, 2020, 02:21:49 PM
borchester is being funny pappy. I laughed anyway.

I see over on twitter starmer and the labour leadership are still receiving all sorts of flack for supporting boris brexit deal.

If the fish quota does turn out to be useless pappy you have a dumb as feck labour leader who has said he is supporting it  , and will share any blame.

al the lefties are going in meltdown.

and they called him keir the unity candidate? Jesus christ , the man is tearing labour apart at the seams.

I don't think Starmer is tearing the Labour party apart. I figure that the poor sod is just standing there aghast as he realises that is what the brothers and sisters really like doing.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 26, 2020, 02:15:35 PM
Borchester you may think you are being funny by frankly you are just being stupid. The rise in fish quota is useless unless there is still a seamless route to export it to the EU. Currently there is not.

borchester is being funny pappy. I laughed anyway.

I see over on twitter starmer and the labour leadership are still receiving all sorts of flack for supporting boris brexit deal.

If the fish quota does turn out to be useless pappy you have a dumb as feck labour leader who has said he is supporting it  , and will share any blame.

al the lefties are going in meltdown.

and they called him keir the unity candidate? the man is tearing labour apart at the seams.

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester on December 25, 2020, 03:20:20 PM
Yes you are but so what? Christmas ain't Christmas without a few rows.

Look at things this way. The UK fish quota has risen so you can expect some cheap seafood. On the other hand you will probably end up with some dodgy shell fish which will result in you crapping through the eye of a needle until spring, but you can still blame that on the Tories.

Quite frankly Pappy, it will be like Christmas every day until, well, next Christmas  :)