French Commissioner Says We're Being Spited Over Brexit

Started by Dynamis, December 22, 2020, 08:30:42 AM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on December 22, 2020, 04:34:10 PM
what empire? We haven't got one.
I know that and you know that, but tell cummings and his crew that played the nationalist, empire, rule the waves strategy. And it worked.

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 04:53:12 PM

You had Patel suggesting to starve the Irish as well, nice piece of work she is.

The Angel of Death just is not fit for public office.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 02:03:00 PM
if telling you the truth causes you hurt or offence that's your unrealistic expectations

Precisely. The it will be alright on the nighters are in for a shock. They were told but  chose to ignore it and a no deal and WTO terms is going to a complete disaster.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 02:05:01 PM
sure I am, did we try and spite you over Northern Ireland or not? which must be pretty obvious we are more than capable of doing if needed be.
Yes you def did, because you thought the EU is germany or France and that the EU wouldnt back Ireland. But you got that wrong, a long line of wrong when it comes to the EU. So Johnson recently decided to back down and do another 180.
The offending clauses of the IMB were dropped, where the UK were planning on shafting Ireland.
You had Patel suggesting to starve the Irish as well, nice piece of work she is.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 01:10:43 PM
Can you explain how 40 countries have shut their borders to the UK but it's the French that are being spiteful.  Look at the other side of the coin, they don't want the new virius strain.
But france saying they are setting up EU sanitary protocols to allow essential flow to the UK would be mainly ignored in UK press. That doesn't work well with the empire shouting mob
what empire? We haven't got one.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 01:32:44 PM
The reality is remain still think they are running the place and spite is the dish of the day, nothing new. I am hardly responsible for Westminster deliberations. Or the politising of a Virus.
If the French think they don't already have this new variant in their country, they are kidding themselves. It has been in Kent for 3 months!
The new variant has similar symptoms to the other and the scientists say no more dangerous.
Kent and Calais are virtually joined at the hip.
† The end is nigh †

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 02:03:00 PM
Your confused. No spite, if telling you the truth causes you hurt or offence that's your unrealistic expectations of how you or the uK should be treated. Readjust...downward those expectations and you'll be much happier. I don't wish any harm on the UK, you can't expect the EU to bend to the UK as it did when the UK was a member. In fairness humouring the UK was becoming tedious.
sure I am, did we try and spite you over Northern Ireland or not? which must be pretty obvious we are more than capable of doing if needed be.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 01:49:02 PM
See every post post full of spite and Labour boucning off of smurfys misery spreading, while the Che youth wing, change tac daily. It must be a baldrick type cunning plan.
Your confused. No spite, if telling you the truth causes you hurt or offence that's your unrealistic expectations of how you or the uK should be treated. Readjust...downward those expectations and you'll be much happier. I don't wish any harm on the UK, you can't expect the EU to bend to the UK as it did when the UK was a member. In fairness humouring the UK was becoming tedious.

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 01:46:02 PM
NO I think the remain side know full well who is in charge. Brexiteers are in full charge, Johnson sacked or got rid of anyone with a remain bone and he put in a bunch of rabid brexiteers running the country.

You are totally in charge of Westminster deliberations, you (the people of the UK) voted them in. Good old FPTP always guaranteed to return a govt representing a minority.
See every post post full of spite and Labour boucning off of smurfys misery spreading, while the Che youth wing, change tac daily. It must be a baldrick type cunning plan.

GerryT

Quote from: Sheepy on December 22, 2020, 01:32:44 PMThe reality is remain still think they are running the place and spite is the dish of the day, nothing new. I am hardly responsible for Westminster deliberations. Or the politising of a Virus.
NO I think the remain side know full well who is in charge. Brexiteers are in full charge, Johnson sacked or got rid of anyone with a remain bone and he put in a bunch of rabid brexiteers running the country.

You are totally in charge of Westminster deliberations, you (the people of the UK) voted them in. Good old FPTP always guaranteed to return a govt representing a minority.

Good old

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2020, 01:29:50 PM
I suspect the reality could be worse than "project  fear."

The truth is we are going now beyond, the land  of  talk is cheap . And getting down to the real business of the day.
I suspect it  is not going to be half as much fun for many of those that seem to think all that was needed was cheap talk.
The harsh realities of the situation are coming up.

GerryT

Quote from: Good old on December 22, 2020, 01:26:35 PMThe approach of project reality doesn't seem to be going down to well. I suppose .
In fairness this wasn't expected. Denmark having to cull 17million mink to stop a varient of the virus spreading wasn't expected either. I find it strange that the UK wanted brexit to stop the free mevement of people, to stop the nasty Turkish people getting in. TO control borders was a really big ticket. But god forbit another country would want to do the same thing, keeping out the "UK Virus" as Trump would probably say.

But with the UK moving on fishing maybe a deal will be done. But that only deals with the tariff barriers, the non-tariff barriers (delays/customs/paperwork/standards) are still there and will be in January, they don't get removed.
You have to love the brexiteer optimism, trade with the 85% of the planet, now dover closes and the UK is near collapse. Surely all the UK has to do is get food from Korea/Russia/Argentina or Mongolia.

Sheepy

Quote from: Borchester on December 22, 2020, 01:33:59 PM
I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Except for Pappy. If he does not have a shit time come January it will break his heart  :)
He would be insulted by you wishing him a merry Christmas anyway, he is enjoying spreading his wallowing misery.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on December 22, 2020, 01:29:50 PM
I suspect the reality could be worse than "project  fear."

I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Except for Pappy. If he does not have a shit time come January it will break his heart  :)
Algerie Francais !

Sheepy

Quote from: GerryT on December 22, 2020, 01:28:46 PM
No the UK isn't spiteful. Telling the EU it will suffer more. Telling Ireland you will starve it if you don't get your way...again, even when the UK tried to drive a bulldozer through the WA and the NI agreement until it realised that would be very very very bad for the UK, only then did the UK do a 180. No not spiteful at all.
How are the EU spiteful, well they close borders with a country with a serious contagious infection but then starts plans to allow food through with sanitary measures. You need to get a grip on reality
The reality is remain still think they are running the place and spite is the dish of the day, nothing new. I am hardly responsible for Westminster deliberations. Or the politising of a Virus.