Did you keep to the rules at Christmas?

Started by Barry, December 27, 2020, 02:30:18 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Quote from: Nalaar on December 29, 2020, 01:41:17 PM
These are two dreadful comments Johnofgwent, for shame.

It remains the fact that they are the reason the pox came to this house and the NHS has confirmed it .

They tried to visit death on me and my family

That is an act of war.

I wish them a speedy shuffling off their mortal coils and if we had been a little more to my mind and a little less to yours from the start, I wonder how many British citizens now dead, would not be
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nalaar

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 29, 2020, 01:30:38 PM
The upside I suppose is the immigrants die of it more often than we do,

We should

These are two dreadful comments Johnofgwent, for shame.

Mod edit Yes they were and are now removed
Crom
Don't believe everything you think.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 29, 2020, 11:52:43 AM
Anyway, I'm pleased that most of us seem to have kept to the rules. It's making all the difference isn't it?

Yeah. It really made a difference to us to remain under house arrest when those pox ridden immigrants who rock up in rubber boats infected the whole bloody courtroom.

Moira was called back to her old job at the immigration tribunals from her current job at the family courts because huge swathes of immigration tribunal staff are being taken down by pox Laden immigrants. The upside I suppose is the immigrants die of it more often than we do, but they are why we have so few ICU beds right now in Gwent.

Mod edit  comment removed Crom
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

Actually, we did.

As a single mum Sarah and Melissa are considered part of this household for support purposes and were always inside the bubble.

My middle brother has a whole harem of ex wives to choose from when it comes to Christmas, and my little brother is dead to us ever since he chose not to invite any of us to his son's wedding.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 29, 2020, 11:52:43 AM
Anyway, I'm pleased that most of us seem to have kept to the rules. It's making all the difference isn't it?

Do I detect a note of sarcasm? Of course we will never know and in this case the surge will be well into January. We can only do our own individual bit.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 11:03:31 PM
The family involved obviously thought so.

As a matter of fact the family concerned was put under some pressure to accept the visit and were very reluctant,  particularly as the visitor has been very relaxed about avoiding infection, but in the end caved. It's quite difficult to leave a parent to a solitary Christmas at the last minute.

Nalaar

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 11:26:24 PM
We all do every day, when we cross the road, drive a car, go on a plane, eat to excess, go bungee jumping, go skiing, go mountain walking or climbing.

Do you think these are equivalent?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 11:26:24 PM
We all do every day, when we cross the road, drive a car, go on a plane, eat to excess, go bungee jumping, go skiing, go mountain walking or climbing.
Hmmmm not quite the same,yes by some of those actions there is the potential to risk the lives of a few,as this variant is now more so infectious it's possible to directly or indirectly cause the deaths of who knows how many.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 11:22:12 PM
Well they exercised their freedom of choice, sadly but hopefully not may have to live or die  with the consequences.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 11:03:31 PM
Well they excercised their freedom of choice,sadly but hopefully not may have to live or die  with the consequences.

Barry

Quote from: T00ts on December 28, 2020, 06:49:41 PM
I did 100% but one friend went to family travelling from tier 2 (now tier 3) to tier 4 from Christmas Eve returning on Christmas night. Today she called to say that another guest, in a bubble with a parent, has been informed that said parent tested positive yesterday.  Was it really worth the risks all round?

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on December 28, 2020, 06:49:41 PM
I did 100% but one friend went to family travelling from tier 2 (now tier 3) to tier 4 from Christmas Eve returning on Christmas night. Today she called to say that another guest, in a bubble with a parent, has been informed that said parent tested positive yestreday. Was it really worth the risks all round?

Another travelled from North Wales to tier 4 Bedfordshire from 23rd to 27th.

No T00ts,but you can't speak to those who don't want to hear.

Nalaar

T00ts

I did 100% but one friend went to family travelling from tier 2 (now tier 3) to tier 4 from Christmas Eve returning on Christmas night. Today she called to say that another guest, in a bubble with a parent, has been informed that said parent tested positive yestreday.  Was it really worth the risks all round?

Another travelled from North Wales to tier 4 Bedfordshire from 23rd to 27th.