SKY NewsHere's what we know so far about what's in the Brexit deal

Started by GBNews, December 27, 2020, 06:05:50 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

That seems a sensible solution, John, but it's a step towards Gib becoming Spanish.
Didn't 98% want to remain - they won't mind.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Barry on December 31, 2020, 02:50:04 PM
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1344654122461655040Seems like it is sorted, but I don't know the details yet

Gibraltar will join the Schengen area of the EU.

This allows Spanish (and other EU nationals) unfettered access. UK nationals will have to go through border controls.

The details are all over numerous news websites
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Barry

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 04:10:30 PM
what is happening barry? I can't keep up at the minute.

Last i heard was that spain want to share control of gibraltars border with the uk , and have gibraltar join schengen.

whats happening now?
https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1344654122461655040
QuoteI wholeheartedly welcome today's political agreement between the UK and Spain on Gibraltar's future relationship with the EU. The UK has always been, and will remain, totally committed to the protection of the interests of Gibraltar and its British sovereignty
Seems like it is sorted, but I don't know the details yet
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Borchester on December 29, 2020, 11:34:19 AM
I suppose it would be bad manners, but some sort of a party would be nice.  :)

It would be Borky . What with the difficulty in finding a decent pint anywhere I guess I will be restricted to barracks over the NY with the Mrs  who though would be up for it wont want to upset the eldest

The eldest  , Uni , remainer indoctrinated , more Uni , German girlfriend , more Uni  ,remoaner , guardian reader , teacher , give it a rest dad , Farage is a tosser , rent  what rent ?  I think we should have another referendum , feck me its like living with Quackers .

Apart from that we get on great   ;)  A brexit Party might be pushing it a bit though feck it Im going to give it a go  :)   (Ill send him to bed with no dinner and the threat of Chinese burns if I hear one hum of Ode to joy )

Borchester

Quote from: Streetwalker on December 28, 2020, 07:08:57 PM
Thats how I read it . An Improving catch for 5 years then another chat about who gets what . Makes sense as we were told when demanding no surrender/ we want all the fish a couple of months ago that we were talking cack as we haven't got enough  boats or infrastructure to land boatloads of fish .

Now the deal gives us a few more fish but not too many to handle its a bad deal .  Oh well can't please everyone I suppose Id rather have seen the RN letting off  fireworks
on the 12 mile limit if only to break the boredom  .

I suppose it would be bad manners, but some sort of a party would be nice.  :)
Algerie Francais !

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on December 28, 2020, 03:59:17 PM
Why?

The UK fishermen get an extra 15% from 2021 with an extra 5% every year after until 2026. Plus there are going to be some tasty government schemes to help buy shiny new boats I'm betting.

Thats how I read it . An Improving catch for 5 years then another chat about who gets what . Makes sense as we were told when demanding no surrender/ we want all the fish a couple of months ago that we were talking cack as we haven't got enough  boats or infrastructure to land boatloads of fish .

Now the deal gives us a few more fish but not too many to handle its a bad deal .  Oh well cant please everyone I suppose Id rather have seen the RN letting off  fireworks
on the 12 mile limit if only to break the boredom  .

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on December 28, 2020, 04:18:11 PM

Is Sky News getting its stories from this forum?

lets be honest borkie , does anyone watch sky news anyway?

One of the things that has amazed me recently is how little normal telly is on in our house . Ive become so sick of covid 19 , as has the wife , that i cannae remember watching bbc or sky news for ages , and the kids dont watch  normal telly anyway?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borchester

Quote from: News on December 27, 2020, 06:05:50 PM
Here's what we know so far about what's in the Brexit deal

Now the fate of trade between the UK and EU from 2021 has been secured, many will be keen to see the details of the deal struck on Christmas Eve.

Source: Here's what we know so far about what's in the Brexit deal

Actually, we knew all this on Christmas Eve.

Is Sky News getting its stories from this forum?
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 03:22:06 PM
What's happening with Gibraltar and their Spanish border?

what is happening barry? I cant keep up at the minute.

Last i heard was that spain want to share control of gibraltars border with the uk , and have gibraltar join schengen.

whats happening now?

An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Nick

Quote from: johnofgwent on December 28, 2020, 05:46:00 AM

So we did get sold down the North Sea on fishing then

Why?

The UK fishermen get an extra 15% from 2021 with an extra 5% every year after until 2026. Plus there are going to be some tasty government schemes to help buy shiny new boats I'm betting.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: Barry on December 28, 2020, 03:22:06 PM
What's happening with Gibraltar and their Spanish border?
Looks like sense has broken out for those who daily travel back and forth...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on December 28, 2020, 02:50:41 PM
Don't you like kippers?
I prefer salt fish and ackee. My dislike of herring comes from having a Norwegian in charge of the kitchen...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: patman post on December 28, 2020, 02:45:57 PM
To be honest, I see anything that interferes with the supply of herring to be on the plus side of Brexit...
I expect you'll like the jerk chlorinated poulet.
† The end is nigh †