In this season of goodwill

Started by cromwell, December 28, 2020, 09:30:20 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 12:53:54 PM
toots family members and neighbours have started taking down xmas decorations already its that bad.

Doesn't folklore say that's bad luck?
Mind could it get any worse?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Quote from: DeppityDawg on December 28, 2020, 10:19:12 AM
What have Cromwell and the Queen got in common?  ;D

They are both nuts about horses.

Cromwell ("we are all English and that is one good thing") was, like most great generals, a first class horseman.

And my favourite memory of Betty Windsor was at her Jubilee when she was sailing down the Thames in the rain and clearly thinking, what the hell am I doing here? I am old enough to be grandmother to most of the grandmothers here. I should be at home with a stiff gin and watching the racing on the telly. And then there was a firework display that showed the motif of a horse. And her face lit up and she looked about , well, a sight younger and happier.
Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 12:52:59 PM
Oh yes for all his look at me I'm different we are definitely seeing Bliar mk
The problem is there are no viable alternatives emerging and like an old badly scratched 78  what could possibly go wrong,go wrong,go wrong.  :-\

i said this before cromwell , england cant keep moaning about a lack of alternative with respect , you have to go out ( not you specifically) and make it happen , and work at it.

Neither labour or tory are the answer to your nations issues as you know.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts on December 28, 2020, 12:49:40 PM
I have just been given the best reason for staying up on New Years Eve - to make sure that 2020 leaves!  ;D

toots family members and neighbours have started taking down xmas decorations already its that bad.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 12:46:12 PM
i know cromwell , but as ever im really thinking about labour as  i write.

Not content with  trying to give us some out of touch 1970 dinosaur under wurzel , they are now back offering us blairism instead. Nothing new to offer , merely regurgitating the past in the modern world is the sign of a party stuck in a rut and going no where.
Oh yes for all his look at me I'm different we are definitely seeing Bliar mk2
The problem is there are no viable alternatives emerging and like an old badly scratched 78  what could possibly go wrong,go wrong,go wrong.  :-\

T00ts

I have just been given the best reason for staying up on New Years Eve - to make sure that 2020 leaves!  ;D

Thomas

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 12:43:01 PM
Well I had thought of commenting on Mr Campbell Bannermans premiership but houghts it too much of the here and now.  :P ;)

i know cromwell , but as ever im really thinking about labour as  i write.

Not content with  trying to give us some out of touch 1970 dinosaur under wurzel , they are now back offering us blairism instead. Nothing new to offer , merely regurgitating the past in the modern world is the sign of a party stuck in a rut and going no where.

cromwell

Quote from: Thomas on December 28, 2020, 10:54:10 AM
so is starmer and the current labour leadership.

Blairites to the last .

Blairism worked in the past when the left had no where else to go , and the blairites , who really were nothng more then small c tories , went about out bribing middle england tory marginals.

That of course wont work for labour today , for all the reasons we have discussed over recent years such as the rise of the snp , blairites( not corbyn) losing scotland and the old forty/fifty seats they used to get up here , and of course the damage starmer did with his anti brexit tactics in the old north of england labour wall.

We are simply raking over the old coals and talking about yesterdays politics today.

Well I had thought of commenting on Mr Campbell Bannermans premiership but houghts it too much of the here and now.  :P ;)

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on December 28, 2020, 10:48:54 AM
So was Blair.

so is starmer and the current labour leadership.

Blairites to the last .

Blairism worked in the past when the left had no where else to go , and the blairites , who really were nothng more then small c tories , went about out bribing middle england tory marginals.

That of course wont work for labour today , for all the reasons we have discussed over recent years such as the rise of the snp , blairites( not corbyn) losing scotland and the old forty/fifty seats they used to get up here , and of course the damage starmer did with his anti brexit tactics in the old north of england labour wall.

We are simply raking over the old coals and talking about yesterdays politics today.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf on December 28, 2020, 10:48:54 AM
So was Blair.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That is so true but he married a Red wife with connections.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Sheepy on December 28, 2020, 10:39:27 AM
Well one thing for sure he doesn't feel sorry for you. One thing you can utterly rely on, it is all about Blair, always has been always will be.

This is true particularly as I am Conservative.

Sheepy

Quote from: T00ts on December 28, 2020, 10:31:38 AMI feel quite sorry for him in some ways
Well one thing for sure he doesn't feel sorry for you. One thing you can utterly rely on, it is all about Blair, always has been always will be.
Just because I don't say anything, it doesn't mean I haven't noticed!

DeppityDawg

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 10:26:51 AMBoth despise the prick on a pedestal of his own making?

Perhaps she'll give you a Knighthood instead  ;D

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell on December 28, 2020, 10:16:22 AM
And totally agree,he like some others (though in his case more so)are desperate  to remain in the limelight pontificating  as though what they say matters.

They want to be remembered,he will be but not in a good way.

I feel quite sorry for him in some ways. He is an actor - nothing more - I compare Macron who strikes me as another. He seemed to base his PM role on all those USA presidential films full of cloying emotional claptrap which is fine at the box office but we saw first hand the damage it did to the country. He was aptly described in one newspaper, I forget which, as Bambi when he first arrived at No10, all male ingénue, feted as a new beginning with his New Labour mantra.

He became Teflon Tony of course as time went by, but he was a despicable user who only had his destiny in mind. He created a path that has proved very fruitful financially, but hopefully his recent notions of properly re-joining the political scene has been relegated to the back rooms and is the one thing so far that Starmer's appointment as Labour leader accomplished. If Corbyn had stayed we might well be on Bambi 2.