Private Covid 19 test travel certification.

Started by papasmurf, January 01, 2021, 01:16:59 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2021, 08:44:47 PM
You don't get a certificate regardless of where you have the test. You get a plain email like the one below.

That is still certification.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 01, 2021, 07:52:30 PM
You are missing something, those are not for travelling abroad. The NHS does not provide travel Covid 19 travel certification, it is privatised.

You don't get a certificate regardless of where you have the test. You get a plain email like the one below.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 01, 2021, 07:46:35 PM
There may be something I'm not understanding, but there are free walk in Covid tests here:
https://news.hackney.gov.uk/rapid-test-site-opens-in-hackney/

Not used it so don't know if users are issued a certificate showing their status...

You are missing something, those are not for travelling abroad. The NHS does not provide travel Covid 19 travel certification, it is privatised.

patman post

There may be something I'm not understanding, but there are free walk in Covid tests here:
https://news.hackney.gov.uk/rapid-test-site-opens-in-hackney/

Not used it so don't know if users are issued a certificate showing their status...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 01, 2021, 07:10:44 PM
That was November  not currently. Everyone boarding a cross channel ferry at Dover is being checked. (Don't you have access to news and current affairs?)

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/new-era-at-dover-as-uk-completes-eu-separation-240077/
07:11, 01 January 2021 | Updated: 10:57, 01 January 202

They are checking to see if vehicle drivers and passengers have paperwork to prove they have been tested for coronavirus.
Those who have not are being turned away.

Theres no problem pappy , its all running smoothly.
All quiet on cross-Channel front as new era opens in Dover

As dawn broke Friday over Dover, Britain's trading gateway to the European Union, the first ferry sailings to and from France of a new post-Brexit era left without delay or drama in holiday-thinned traffic.

A small but steady stream of lorries arrived through the morning at the port in southeast England -- Europe's busiest for roll-on, roll-off freight -- with new customs processes appearing to work smoothly.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210101-all-quiet-on-cross-channel-front-as-new-era-opens-in-dover

so what are you moaning about now pappy?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2021, 07:06:56 PM
I flew through Amsterdam, Milan and CDG in November, was not asked for my test results once. BTW, you don't get a certificate, you get an email with the result.

That was November  not currently. Everyone boarding a cross channel ferry at Dover is being checked. (Don't you have access to news and current affairs?)

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/new-era-at-dover-as-uk-completes-eu-separation-240077/
07:11, 01 January 2021 | Updated: 10:57, 01 January 202

They are checking to see if vehicle drivers and passengers have paperwork to prove they have been tested for coronavirus.
Those who have not are being turned away.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 01, 2021, 04:22:02 PM
That's as maybe. However no certificate you won't bet let on plane or ferry. Whether  a vaccination certificate will work, (when they are available ,) remains to be seen.

I flew through Amsterdam, Milan and CDG in November, was not asked for my test results once. BTW, you don't get a certificate, you get an email with the result.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2021, 04:44:17 PM
That's the standard price, you can get them at Boots. It has to be a PCR test.

That is the Boots price, bloody scandalous.

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 01, 2021, 05:30:12 PM
Well mine does but it was issued by the Welsh NHS....

Ohh so it turned up then....... >:(

johnofgwent

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 01, 2021, 04:14:39 PM
Travel certification is a complete waste of time . All it does is confirm you didnt have covid when you took it not that you dont have it when you have the piece of paper in your hand .
Travel wont be safe or recommended until  we have the jab , whenever that is .

Except for people who have the positive test letter. That states categorically you cannot catch or spread this pox after the date stated on the letter ... Well mine does but it was issued by the Welsh NHS....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2021, 04:44:17 PM

dont simplify things for him nick , you are pissing on pappys doom and gloom fireworks!

Get with the end of the world rhetoric ! ;D

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on January 01, 2021, 01:16:59 PM
Just checked what the current Covid 19 free test travel certification is going to cost near me.
£120 each.

Full list of test and certification providers. (no prices shown.)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 01, 2021, 04:22:02 PM
That's as maybe. However no certificate you won't bet let on plane or ferry. Whether  a vaccination certificate will work, (when they are available ,) remains to be seen.

as i understand it , a covid  vaccine certificate may only be required short term in the initial months of this year when travelling. The news coming from the various authorites is as ever confusing and contradictory.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/12/11/do-we-need-coronavirus-vaccine-passports-to-get-the-world-moving-again-euronews-asks-the-e

As time goes by and more and more get vaccinated across europe , and we build herd immunity , they wont be needed and become obsolete.

so isnt that good news pappy.?

Another cheery thought for a cheery day! smile! :P

papasmurf

Travel certification is a complete waste of time . All it does is confirm you didnt have covid when you took it not that you dont have it when you have the piece of paper in your hand .

Thomas

i know mate, but pappy isnt really interested in logical arguments , he just wants a platform to moan from and scream tory bad , brexit bad.

politicians need to STFU in my opinion and get on with the job in hand of getting this jab into as many people as possible in the shortest time possible.