New Years honours, background checks.

Started by papasmurf, January 03, 2021, 06:13:55 PM

« previous - next »

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf on January 04, 2021, 11:13:06 AM
But it still seems some very unsavoury people get honours.

same shit different day pappy.

I think nigel should be honoured myself for services rendered to brexit.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on January 04, 2021, 11:09:18 AM
The process of awards is one that has to go through a few committees .  Take the arts . ( or Political, sport , public sector ect ) who get say half a dozen nominations a year . Those nominated get the once over from the arts board as to the credibility of the nomination and are either rejected or put on the list .

The list then goes to the awards committee who screen the candidates ,background checks  cbr  ect .

The list then goes to Number 10  where some nominees who have cleared the previous committees may be rejected just because they can

And finally to the Monarch for conformation

But it still seems some very unsavoury people get honours.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

The process of awards is one that has to go through a few committees .  Take the arts . ( or Political, sport , public sector ect ) who get say half a dozen nominations a year . Those nominated get the once over from the arts board as to the credibility of the nomination and are either rejected or put on the list .

The list then goes to the awards committee who screen the candidates ,background checks  cbr  ect .

The list then goes to Number 10  where some nominees who have cleared the previous committees may be rejected just because they can

And finally to the Monarch for conformation

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester on January 03, 2021, 07:08:27 PM
Dunno, but I know they usually pay their taxes. A couple of times when I was in HMRC I have had accountants ring up laughing and settling their clients liabilities because a peerage was in the works.

;D
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 06:29:43 PM
If they were most wouldn't be awarded,no scrap there are those who are awarded because they're so adapt at being being bent.

Dunno, but I know they usually pay their taxes. A couple of times when I was in HMRC I have had accountants ring up laughing and settling their clients liabilities because a peerage was in the works.
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on January 03, 2021, 06:29:43 PM
If they were most wouldn't be awarded,no scrap there are those who are awarded because they're so adapt at being being bent.

I doubt most would not be awarded, but there appears to be few  that should not have been.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Does anyone know if background checks are being carried out before people are awarded honours?