EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

Started by papasmurf, January 04, 2021, 08:49:38 PM

« previous - next »

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 03:43:54 PMAnd what would I expect from a bitter English hating Irishman,well I needn't look far need I Gerry?
Your proving my point, with your stupid spaceship comment, just like Nick's time machine that takes him from 2021 to 2021. Nil points for imagination.
Your trying to rubbish the idea that a french man came up with the idea before someone in the UK.
Am I not supposed to be some sad guy in a bed-sit in England, am I now back to being an Irishman.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 03:23:39 PMTry and stick to the script Gerry, we we talking about inventions and being the most influential, not colonialism or wars:
You said the most influential, does that not include the influence as described, or do you prefer to cherry pick, just look at the positives.

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 03:23:39 PMBTW, didn't the Irish Catholics request and then rejoice when the British Army showed up to keep the Protestants from kicking 7 bells out of you? It was when the IRA turned on the Army that it went down hill. But we'll just forget about that shall we?
The facts, the PIRA came into being in '69 as the Protestant and Police force as you say were kicking 7 bells out of them, more difficult when the police take a side. When the British Army arrived the Catholics were thrilled as they thought the Army would protect them, little did they know. It went from having 7 bells kicked out of them to 12 bells, as British subjects it's not what you expect your Army to do. But it was probably in '72 when 13 people were killed and many more injured after members of the Army's Parachute Regiment opened fire on civil rights demonstrators, nothing to do with PIRA. At that point the PIRA really got stuck in, their targets - Police and Army.

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 03:23:39 PMAnyway, Mr Frenchy's Gas Turbine patent was nothing like Whittle's Jet Engine as you can see below. For a start Franks design worked and was actually built, I've got a design for a Time Machine,I'm sure it will work!!
As you put it 'Mr Frenchy' did have a patent on a design which compressed air with turbines and mixing with fuel and igniting to cause expansion and thrust. I did read if the UK patent had found the original French one that the UK one would have been in breach, but I really couldn't be bother digging it out. If you can't see a compressor, turbine blades etc in that drawing then there's no point discussing it. Have you look at the description of the patent or just a single drawing

How's you patent going, you'd want to rush now as you've posted your design on a public forum, I'm sure you'll be granted a patent though, lots of technical detail there.   I do like the drawing though.
Way to go though, claiming an original idea for the UK, when a patent was registered yrs before. I wonder where he got the idea from.

cromwell

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 02:39:48 PM
Agh but did you have a patent!
So a French man enters a patent for a gas turbine engine in 1921 and guess what, a couple of yrs later an English man has an idea which looked and operated almost identically !!  When the English man goes to register his patent in London, oh guess what, the English couldn't find the French man's patent, sounds about right and exactly what you would expect from an English man
And what would I expect from a bitter English hating Irishman,well I needn't look far need I Gerry?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Borchester

Those nice concentration camps in Kenya-I always wondered where Hitler got the idea from.

I doubt it Gerry. You have a quite heroic ability not to wonder or check anything

The Mau Mau uprising was seven years after Adolf took early retirement in the Chancellery bunker.

Algerie Francais !

Nick

So a French man enters a patent for a gas turbine engine in 1921 and guess what, a couple of yrs later an English man has an idea which looked and operated almost identically !!  When the English man goes to register his patent in London, oh guess what, the English couldn't find the French man's patent, sounds about right and exactly what you would expect from an English man.

Neither hear nor there, as Nick would saySelf praise and all that, the UK did leave it's mark wherever it went, I'll give it that. Partitioning in India and Ireland, Brigadier Reginald Dyer had a memorable time in India- hailed a hero back in the UK. Those nice concentration camps in Kenya-I always wondered where Hitler got the idea from. Back to India, I had though the starving of 1m in Ireland was bad but in Bengal Churchill took food out of Bengal and wiped out 4million. What was it Churchill said at the time "I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits."  Sounds like a current PM don't you think.
There's no denying the influence the UK had on the world and its many inventions. But being proud as punch of your colonial past is denying yourself the truth. And no Cromwell (I could tell you stories about that name) you didn't say that, Nick went on about how the UK was one of he most influential countries in the world, as if that was a good thing.

Try and stick to the script Gerry, we we talking about inventions and being the most influential, not colonialism or wars: BTW, didn't the Irish Catholics request and then rejoice when the British Army showed up to keep the Protestants from kicking 7 bells out of you? It was when the IRA turned on the Army that it went down hill. But we'll just forget about that shall we?

Anyway, Mr Frenchy's Gas Turbine patent was nothing like Whittle's Jet Engine as you can see below. For a start Franks design worked and was actually built, I've got a design for a Time Machine,I'm sure it will work!!

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

GerryT

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 08:17:29 AM
When I was a kid me and a few mates used an abandoned sidecar for a full summer,we designed a spaceship around it,we never actually got to fly it anywhere except in our imaginations but it is a matter of record we did it. Union Flag
So a French man enters a patent for a gas turbine engine in 1921 and guess what, a couple of yrs later an English man has an idea which looked and operated almost identically !!  When the English man goes to register his patent in London, oh guess what, the English couldn't find the French man's patent, sounds about right and exactly what you would expect from an English man.

Neither hear nor there, as Nick would say
Quote from: GerryT on January 05, 2021, 10:47:35 PMthe UK is on most websites cited as the most influential country in history
Self praise and all that, the UK did leave it's mark wherever it went, I'll give it that. Partitioning in India and Ireland, Brigadier Reginald Dyer had a memorable time in India- hailed a hero back in the UK. Those nice concentration camps in Kenya-I always wondered where Hitler got the idea from. Back to India, I had though the starving of 1m in Ireland was bad but in Bengal Churchill took food out of Bengal and wiped out 4million. What was it Churchill said at the time "I hate Indians. They are a beastly people with a beastly religion. The famine was their own fault for breeding like rabbits."  Sounds like a current PM don't you think.
There's no denying the influence the UK had on the world and its many inventions. But being proud as punch of your colonial past is denying yourself the truth. And no Cromwell (I could tell you stories about that name) you didn't say that, Nick went on about how the UK was one of he most influential countries in the world, as if that was a good thing.

Borchester

Quote from: GerryT on January 06, 2021, 12:42:09 AM
Depends on the size of the turbine, I'd like to see this suck you in.
http://modelaircraftcompany.com/newshop/en/15-micro-jet-turbines

.. it's a matter of record that a french man first designed the jet engine. He didn't make one but he did design one.

About 1800 years after that Egyptian bloke, Hero of Alexandria.

Who probably copied the idea from someone else.
Algerie Francais !

Barry

They do solve the problem of bird strikes. 1,000 of those on each wing and you're done!  ;)
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

It's not anti English, it's a matter of record that a french man first designed the jet engine. He didn't make one but he did design one.
When I was a kid me and a few mates used an abandoned sidecar for a full summer,we designed a spaceship around it,we never actually got to fly it anywhere except in our imaginations but it is a matter of record we did it. Union Flag
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 07:55:02 PMthat joirney
It is always nice to see a good man get a kick in the nuts and David Hembrow seems particularly deserving. That said, who buys cycle spares anyway? In my experience most folk buy their bikes in the spring, spend the summer looking stern and virtuous and then when it gets cold and wet in the winter, say sod this for a game of soldiers and chuck them on skips where tight buggers like me cannibalise them for such parts as we need.
Well actually, there is a £70 (yes seventy quid) Halfords bike in my garage that i last used a few years ago when freelancing to lose a few pounds and keep the blood sugar under control, and next to it is the £120 yellow Halfords Apollo which I bought about 30 years ago and used for 20 of those on a pretty regular basis. It was last used to travel the eight miles each way between my home and the office i worked at, a journey that used to take me between 55 minutes and an hour and ten minutes.
At the time, the M4 was being dug up for six of those eight miles, and the chaos caused at the various roundabouts meant it was impossible to drive that journey in less than 45 minutes.

Regrettably this rather violent daily exercise did absolutely stuff all for my weight, as it put on muscle on my legs which as most will know is about five times as dense as fat, and this contributed greatly to the problems i had when i blew the achilles tendon running for a bus, and trapped the sciatic nerve thanks to the enlarged muscle blocks.....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 12:26:49 AM
The difference is Dr Mop's car didn't suck you in and mince your when it started like a turbine would.
Good job Whittles engine didn't resemble the French patent in the slightest, but you keep playing your anti English games.

It's not anti English, it's a matter of record that a french man first designed the jet engine. He didn't make one but he did design one.

GerryT

Quote from: Nick on January 06, 2021, 12:21:23 AM
No Gerry, it's not a lesson. I deal with Airports and big multinationals, they pay when I ask them to pay.

Anyway, why would you keep claiming rebates on VAT? You just offset it against the next quarter... Unless your business is going down the pan? Please don't tell me things are going belly up in the U S of E?  Union Flag
Different system, you have to do a VAT return every month (it can be every 4 mth's for sole traders), anything you owe you pay immediately, anything your due you get paid in a couple of days. No need for offsets as there are no delays.

How come your paying VAT to EU countries then, anything I purchase from UK or an EU country up to last yr was VAT free as it was a B2B transaction. There's very few exceptions to this.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 05, 2021, 11:57:47 PMThe handle would start the process, just like the original car engines. Or are you suggesting a car engine with a crank handle wasn't actually an engine.

The difference is Dr Mop's car didn't suck you in and mince your when it started like a turbine would.
Good job Whittles engine didn't resemble the French patent in the slightest, but you keep playing your anti English games.

Nick

Quote from: GerryT on January 05, 2021, 11:35:05 PM
Nick, look at my reply 16 where I said
most every country in the world charges VAT

I said VAT was not an EU tax, each EU country, like nearly every other country in the world charges VAT.

Nick nick nick. I said usually you would receive more than you would pay, in that case you would never be getting a VAT rebate, now would you ?
I also said the odd time you would pay more (purchasing a lot of product for manufacture for instance) which would have a time delay before invoice your customer, that's part of the whole cash flow thing, another days lesson for you I think. In these cases you will pay more than you receive and then you claim a VAT rebate at month end. Most all, bar some particular cases inter EU B2B transactions are done at zero rate of VAT, so if your claiming inter EU VAT its a very unusual type of business. Of course post Brexit you won't be able to claim any EU VAT charged.
What that shows is the EU doesn't have a VAT rate, each member state has and can control it's vat rates within tolerances. Hopefully one day that will be harmonised.

No Gerry, it's not a lesson. I deal with Airports and big multinationals, they pay when I ask them to pay.

Anyway, why would you keep claiming rebates on VAT? You just offset it against the next quarter... Unless your business is going down the pan? Please don't tell me things are going belly up in the U S of E?  Union Flag

GerryT

Quote from: Borchester on January 05, 2021, 07:55:02 PM
It is always nice to see a good man get a kick in the nuts and David Hembrow seems particularly deserving. That said, who buys cycle spares anyway? In my experience most folk buy their bikes in the spring, spend the summer looking stern and virtuous and then when it gets cold and wet in the winter, say sod this for a game of soldiers and chuck them on skips where tight buggers like me cannibalise them for such parts as we need.
Well he's a English man that has a passion for bikes and want's to sell into his home country. But the Brexit change and this new UK VAT system is making that near impossible, I'm sure if it were just a form and a simple process he would do it. Maybe the UK will change the VAT system so that small value purchases will not incur a UK VAT charge which might keep businesses such as his trading with the UK. Picture the amount of work needed for every sale of say £30 or £40, this rushed change to the UK VAT system seems ill thought out and well rushed.