Hungary define marriage in amendment to constitution

Started by Barry, January 06, 2021, 11:37:43 AM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Barry on January 06, 2021, 11:37:43 AM
https://www.christianpost.com/news/hungary-amends-constitution-to-uphold-traditional-marriage.html

The Ninth Amendment to the Fundamental Law of Hungary, the country's equivalent of a constitution, was passed in Parliament last week by a margin of 134-45. The amendment, which was backed by Prime Minister Viktor Orban, will amend Section L paragraph (1) of the Fundamental Law to read: "Hungary protects the institution of marriage as the association between a man and a woman and the family as the basis for the survival of a nation. The foundation of the family is marriage and the parent-child relationship. The mother is a woman, the father is a man."

"The main rule is that only married couples can adopt a child, that is, a man and woman who are married," said Justice Minister Judit Varga

Good for Hungary.

My nephew and his boyfriend adopted a couple of boys. If there was a prize for screaming queans I reckon that the pair of them would have won the Miss Duckie UK award for every year since it was inaugurated by the National Association of Shirtlifters. But those lads have turned out fine.

Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts on January 06, 2021, 12:29:39 PM
It probably goes without saying that I am against same sex marriage. I have no problem with Civil Partnerships covering all sorts of partnerships, but marriage is in the eyes of God and my belief is that He simply does not accept it. It is very strange to me that those who claim belief can then fall so far away from the teachings in the Scriptures. It seems an arrogance to me that man feels he can choose who God accepts in a Sacred union.

Adoption is a different story. Like cromwell I feel that if someone is able to adopt a child away from an institutionalised life and improve their lot in life that is a tremendous act of service to that child. Having said that I do feel that on a personal level that every child should receive a balance of both male and female influence through their lives be it from teachers, relatives or others they come into contact with.
Obviously I am an unbeliever but that T00ts is an excellent well balanced post.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

It probably goes without saying that I am against same sex marriage. I have no problem with Civil Partnerships covering all sorts of partnerships, but marriage is in the eyes of God and my belief is that He simply does not accept it. It is very strange to me that those who claim belief can then fall so far away from the teachings in the Scriptures. It seems an arrogance to me that man feels he can choose who God accepts in a Sacred union.

Adoption is a different story. Like cromwell I feel that if someone is able to adopt a child away from an institutionalised life and improve their lot in life that is a tremendous act of service to that child. Having said that I do feel that on a personal level that every child should receive a balance of both male and female influence through their lives be it from teachers, relatives or others they come into contact with.

Streetwalker

Hungary (and Poland) are kicking back at EU enforced rule of law decisions .  I dont think this has anything to do with Christian values  ,marriage or adoption but who makes the laws in  Hungary . The  subject was just  a convenient one which has the I dare say the support of the populist  electorate

https://www.politico.eu/article/poland-hungary-rule-of-law-court-of-justice-of-the-european-union-gears-up-battle-of-its-life/

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on January 06, 2021, 11:52:28 AM
Good for Hungary?
Well if a single man,woman,lesbian or homosexual can offer a kid a good home rather than existence in an orphanage I'd say that's far from good.
I think it is good for Hungary wanting the best for their family life structure in society, the basis of a cohesive society.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Good for Hungary?
Well if a single man,woman,lesbian or homosexual can offer a kid a good home rather than existence in an orphanage I'd say that's far from good.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

https://www.christianpost.com/news/hungary-amends-constitution-to-uphold-traditional-marriage.html

The Ninth Amendment to the Fundamental Law of Hungary, the country's equivalent of a constitution, was passed in Parliament last week by a margin of 134-45. The amendment, which was backed by Prime Minister Viktor Orban, will amend Section L paragraph (1) of the Fundamental Law to read: "Hungary protects the institution of marriage as the association between a man and a woman and the family as the basis for the survival of a nation. The foundation of the family is marriage and the parent-child relationship. The mother is a woman, the father is a man."

"The main rule is that only married couples can adopt a child, that is, a man and woman who are married," said Justice Minister Judit Varga

Good for Hungary.
† The end is nigh †