The bog roll hoarders are back.

Started by papasmurf, January 07, 2021, 04:05:15 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: Bright Young Thing on January 08, 2021, 11:47:10 AM
To be fair, some companies seem to have learned from the first lockdown. I was in Tesco on Tuesday (day after full Scottish Lockdown announced) and the lovely woman at the self service checkout was chatting about how she has stopped a man with 4x 24 packs and told him he could only purchase one. He argued one was for his mum, and one was for his sister but no no avail - she only let him have one pack. And thats EXACTLY how it should be, these idiots panic buying need to be told!!

Actually, that is not a very clever idea. If you buy four toilet rolls instead of one, then you only need make a quarter as many trips as before. It helps secure the job of the lovely lady at the checkout, but ultimately costs the customers more in time and money.
Algerie Francais !

Bright Young Thing

To be fair, some companies seem to have learned from the first lockdown. I was in Tesco on Tuesday (day after full Scottish Lockdown announced) and the lovely woman at the self service checkout was chatting about how she has stopped a man with 4x 24 packs and told him he could only purchase one. He argued one was for his mum, and one was for his sister but no no avail - she only let him have one pack. And thats EXACTLY how it should be, these idiots panic buying need to be told!!
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

Barry

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 08, 2021, 06:42:16 AM

Well, my experience while losing over two stone in a little over ten days thanks to the Chinese Plague certainly explained why people had gone out and stripped the shelves ...
And your BMI has benefitted no end. Saves going to a health farm.
Seriously, glad you are still here, and expected you of all people to survive.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 08, 2021, 06:42:16 AM

Well, my experience while losing over two stone in a little over ten days thanks to the Chinese Plague certainly explained why people had gone out and stripped the shelves ...

It is like turning on a tap.

You don't think that the Kung Flu was invented by Andrex do you? All the bog roll companies must be making telephone numbers out of this  bug.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: cromwell on January 07, 2021, 04:28:17 PM
Bloody madness,there is no reason to expect shortages they are produced here and there's a place not far from me where there are adequate supplies.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Nick

We get the industrial sized packs from Bookers, luckily you need a card so the usual crackpots can't get in 😆.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 05:11:17 PM
National problem widely reported.

Plenty in my part of London and Hertfordshire. Maybe we have pinched Cornwall's share?
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 04:46:48 PM
There's plenty in Kent, those people in Cornwall are so selfish.

National problem widely reported.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry on January 07, 2021, 04:46:48 PM

My order limited me to one pack last week and I read today that Aldi are restricting them.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 04:05:15 PM
My wife just got back from the weekly shopping expedition.  The bog roll hoarders have returned. No bog rolls.
Bloody madness,there is no reason to expect shortages they are produced here and there's a place not far from me where there are adequate supplies.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on January 07, 2021, 04:05:15 PM
My wife just got back from the weekly shopping expedition.  The bog roll hoarders have returned. No bog rolls.

Thats shit news

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe