Yippee !! The BBC can no longer declare me dead because of COVID

Started by johnofgwent, January 09, 2021, 09:46:18 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on January 09, 2021, 02:30:05 PM
There's still misunderstanding — even by some in the media. The figures of positive tests and deaths given daily are the recorded or reported figures during the 24hr period, not the actual figures...

Quite the ONS reports monthly.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

There's still misunderstanding — even by some in the media. The figures of positive tests and deaths given daily are the recorded or reported figures during the 24hr period, not the actual figures...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 09, 2021, 09:46:18 AM
, the BBC will have to admit i was killed by an articulated lorry and not the Chinese Pox, f

That's the "Democracy Death" surely.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf on January 09, 2021, 09:49:11 AM
The BBC uses the data they are officially given. As does all the other mainstream broadcast media.

I'm sure they do. The real issue is of course there are three different sets of data, assembled three different ways, but this is the easiest to assemble and the least accurate as all it needs is a decent terrorist bombing to push the COVID death rate through the roof

And no, I am NOT joking. This was the calculation that was ridiculed in the summer months last y at and it is still being used.

The people of this country deserve better even if they do not understand why.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent on January 09, 2021, 09:46:18 AM
As anyone who actually watches the crap will know, every day when the BBC put up the daily deaths through COVID, the caption is accompanied by the small print that states "deaths for any reason whatsoever within 28 days of a positive COVID test"

Which means if the poor bastard who got shredded by an articulated lorry between J29 and J32 of the M4 ALONG WHICH HE WAS WALKING at 3:45 in the morning three days ago had been tested positive sometime in December, the BBC would report his death as due to COVID, not the articulated lorry's wheels and cab. Which the Coroner will be quite convinved was the true cause of death.

It is with some relief, therefore, that I report if I get taken out by an artic this morning, the BBC will have to admit i was killed by an articulated lorry and not the Chinese Pox, for my positive test result was delivered to me 29 days ago... according to my phone's calendar....

I feel so much better for that ...

The BBC uses the data they are officially given. As does all the other mainstream broadcast media.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

johnofgwent

As anyone who actually watches the crap will know, every day when the BBC put up the daily deaths through COVID, the caption is accompanied by the small print that states "deaths for any reason whatsoever within 28 days of a positive COVID test"

Which means if the poor bastard who got shredded by an articulated lorry between J29 and J32 of the M4 ALONG WHICH HE WAS WALKING at 3:45 in the morning three days ago had been tested positive sometime in December, the BBC would report his death as due to COVID, not the articulated lorry's wheels and cab. Which the Coroner will be quite convinved was the true cause of death.

It is with some relief, therefore, that I report if I get taken out by an artic this morning, the BBC will have to admit i was killed by an articulated lorry and not the Chinese Pox, for my positive test result was delivered to me 29 days ago... according to my phone's calendar....

I feel so much better for that ...

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>